SAU Community

Do You Need To Reset Ecu After Vacuum Leak Is Fixed?

KJS

My car was running 14L/100kms few weeks back

2-3 weeks ago it had a vacuum leak, the small hose got split end and created a sound (it is the small hose connected to the top of the engine)

didn't know since when it happened but I only noticed it when i was planning to get the tank filled up

so I cut the hose end and connect back, no leak in boost and no more sound

went to fill up the tank and realised this tank was bad, 20L/100kms.

ohh well I thought it's because of the leak, that's why it was running rich.

so after that, the new tank of fuel, also same type of fuel........

only manage to get 19L/100kms

so I become miserable because with leak it gets 20L/100kms is reasonable......but without leak also same consumption?

question is:

do I need to reset the ECU after the leak is fixed? or it is not relevant?

car is R33 automatic gear and rarely boost (max boost is 5psi only)

it was 13-14L/100kms........why now 19-20L/100kms?

did I miss anything? or there are other side effects after the leak

Ive seen the way you drive...you got a heavy foot. hehe

dunno man but its good to reset your ECU every once in a while; just unplug the battery and leave it overnight or put hazards on and stomp on the brake for a lil while.

never know it might help

Ive seen the way you drive...you got a heavy foot. hehe

dunno man but its good to reset your ECU every once in a while; just unplug the battery and leave it overnight or put hazards on and stomp on the brake for a lil while.

never know it might help

Hi Jonny....I don't drive hard.

........(you recognise the wrong person, I am in Brisbane~)

Your ecu would not need to be reset after fixing a vaccum leak. If the ecu is playing up I would say its coincedence. Is your car temp gauge getting to half way?? If its staying cold, replace your thermostat and problem fixed... you'll get your economy back.

Your ecu would not need to be reset after fixing a vaccum leak. If the ecu is playing up I would say its coincedence. Is your car temp gauge getting to half way?? If its staying cold, replace your thermostat and problem fixed... you'll get your economy back.

my temperature gauge, it can get to half way after the car is driving for maybe 5 minutes.

usually it takes very long to get up

assume the middle of it is 50%, usually only after it reaches 10-15% then only you start to feel the car can be driven smoothly.

for the first start of the day, the temperature gauge will not move at all after the car is ignited, even after waiting for 3 minutes....unless you start driving it.

if you start driving it slowly without waiting, it will takes like 2 minutes to reach the 10-15% spot and then only can feel the car is driven smoothly

while you are waiting, sometimes the car will vibrate for a bit (not really obvious)......

is there anyway to check whether the thermostat is faulty? I mean simplest way

Edited by KJS