SAU Community

Psi Parts Project Car Log

Well it's been a long time since this got updated, mainly due to the lack of interest I thought this thread had.

There has been quite a lot of changes since the last time I wrote in this thread. The major ones being that the car has seen the track twice and identified quite a few weak links. So looking at changing things like the tyres (RE55/A050) and suspension (Cusco) over the coming weeks as I start to get serious with time attack.

Here are some of the things I've been up to:

- Removed sound deadening (there is very LITTLE weight loss with this done)

- Re-wired a LOT of the engine bay to make things cleaner

- Removed the Fan Shroud and painted the clutch fan black

- Changed the Earls fittings on the Throttle Body

- Installed a whole bunch of new bolts and cone washers (I have no connection to this company but I thought their offerings and service was excellent. http://www.probolt-australia.com/)

- Installed new rocker cover baffles

- Installed a Turbo beanie (after one track day I am unsure if this will stay due to water line issues)

- Fitted the new matte black Work XT7 rims

- Started planning for the half cage

- Purchased Willans Aluminum 4 Point Harness (I am in LOVE with this harness)

- Deutsch connectors for wiring of the Racepak Dash (Along with the bloody expensive MSD Tool for the pin connectors)

- Fabricated a metal Washer bottle

- Changed to Penrite 10 Tenths Racing Oil

I'm sure there are heaps more.

Looking at getting Race Render 2 or TrackVision Software and an Replay XD 1080 camera. Keen to hear if people have used this stuff before and their opinions. Also want to hear what direction we should be taking the car next, as there are some very creative and smart minds in these crazy forums.

Edited by PSI Parts

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any chance of getting some pics of your newly installed bolts and cone washer combos...

and a list of sizes or part number...

I been looking at that bolt site and trying to work out what I need for what and finding it quite intense...

The photos I took aren't very good. But I'll endeavor to get some proper ones this weekend.

For reference though, this is what I got:

M8 x 25mm - Flanged Hex Head for hood latch bracket (LBWHX825RBK)

M6 x 16mm - Allen Bolt for Fenders/Fuse Box (LPB616BK)

M6 x 25mm - Allen Bolt for CAS/Windscreen Controller (LCS615BK)

19mm OD Cone Washer for use with above M6 bolts (LWAC6-19BK)

M6 x 15mm - Countersunk Bolt for Headlight Bracket (LPB616BK)

25mm OD Cone Washer for Headlight Bracket (LWAPB625BK)

+ more for other little bits and pieces.

Let me know if you have any other questions in regards to the bolts.

• 8 years later...

Blast from the past. I haven't been on these forums for almost a decade and came back to reminisce and remind me what we actually did to the car as it's been driven less than 100km in past 5 years as life and kids take their toll on hobbies. 

The time has come to sell this car but just wanted to give a shout out to the community. Not that anyone will probably ever read this. 

I also found a wayback link of the old PSI Parts (Business was shut down years ago) site: http://web.archive.org/web/20121105054236/http://www.psiparts.com.au/project.htm that made me laugh how far things have come. 

For Sale Post coming soon.