SAU Community

Rb26 Cam Covers On R34 Gtt Rb25det

TriniGT

Okay I have searched but not seeing any DIY walkthrough on it. I am getting a Plazmaman Intake Mani for my GTT and I am thinking about getting the RB26 cam covers to go with the setup as they are more appealing. From my search it is said that they are a replacement item and only thing needed is a 26 backing plate. Does anyone have pictures of what they are tlaking about. I may be able to get the items off a damaged RB26 but I need to know what I need and I want to keep my VCT setup as well, this is going on a GT3076R turbo upgrade I am doing hopefully by Christmas. Can anyone at least put up some pics of what they needed for the swap to make my and everyone else's easier.

Thanks,

Jason.

post-12712-1225740954_thumb.jpg

The black plate in the pic, sits behind cam gears.

I dunno about the VCT clearance on the 26 front cover.

I know 25's with the VCT have the bump in the cover to clear the mechanism.

I have a modified rb26 front cover that clears the vct actuator, $75 if you are interested. You dont actually need the rb26 backing plate, its very easy to modify the NEO one to suit, just need to trim the corners off the plate, and remove the vacuum pipe that runs across the back of it.

I have a modified rb26 front cover that clears the vct actuator, $75 if you are interested. You dont actually need the rb26 backing plate, its very easy to modify the NEO one to suit, just need to trim the corners off the plate, and remove the vacuum pipe that runs across the back of it.

Any pics fo the said item? I am in Trinidad so I doubt purchasing it will be an option. If you want to keep it hush hush no problem but I get the idea of what you are implying as I was thinking to do the same. Only question though is that I will need to use an RB25 clear cover or will the RB26 clear cover or stock cover fit after the inner plate is trimmed? Any pics of the engine with it done to get an idea?

I didnt think that the RB26 front cam gear cover could be used if your retaining the VCT came gear......

Therefore the only way to use it is to get rid of the VCT gear?

Correct?

get an alloy dome from a alloy spinner (like the top of most surge tanks) then cut out the cover and weld on the dome - nice and neat, you'll just lose the RB26 writing which technically you dont need anyway.