SAU Community

R34 Non-turbo Rotor Size And Pads

N-DAWG

I've been trying to search through the forums to confirm the size of standard N/A rotors for the R34 but haven't had much luck.

The current RDA Group Buy states R33 GTS-t/R34 GT non turbo as 296mm and R=297mm. For some reason I thought the fronts were closer to 280mm, or will 296 fit? The rears I thought would be smaller?

What spec of pad suits the R34 N/A?

If someone can confirm for me that will be awesome as I really need to change my rear rotors/pads and wouldn't mind getting slotted fronts.

Cheers

Nathan

PS. Mods, if this is better suited to the Braking forum please move. I intentionally posted it in the N/A section.

r34 na rotors and pads are the same as the r33 gts, not gtst.

If the whole r33 gtst caliper/rotor is a bolt on upgrade, but you'll need the gtst calipers aswell (obviously haha)

So just ask for r33 gts brake parts, people will know what you are talking about then :blink:

Thank god you asked this question lol.. I was just bout' to do it today..

Well thats fine, its R33 GTS, but now the question is what size are the R33 GTS and R34 25GT's ?

:D Dilemma !

lols.

Just need some figures :D

MRXTCZ

sorry i should of made it clearer haha, the na r34 rotors are the exact same as the r33 gts stuff, but they are drilled to suit the 5 stud hub. You can get blank rotors and get them drilled to suit.

R33 gtst stuff wont bolt onto the stock r34na caliper because as you said the gtst stuff is bigger. But what i mentioned before is if you get all the gtst stuff (rotors, pads, calipers) it is a direct bolt on upgrade. Thats what im doing to mine.

So to answer your questions abit clear, if you want to keep your stock na calipers but want to get new brake pads and rotors you need to buy r33 gts pads and rotors (but have them drilled to 5 stud)

Edited by R34GTFOUR

So that would mean 280mm?

I just found this wihle doing some searching:

http://wiki.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?t...s_Miscellaneous

It shows the R34 GT as 296 x 30 as well...but the R33 GTS is 280 x 26...so surely the R34 even non-turbo would be 30mm thick.

I'm starting to wonder if the S15 rotors would suit, but I'm not having much luck with finding info on that.

Maybe I'll get around to taking the wheels off and measuring it up. I just have a feeling that the rotors i have are smaller than what "can" fit, but as my knowledge of what works and what doesn't work when it comes to brake systems is limited I'm really not sure.

http://my240.epijunkie.com/5_Lug_and_Z32_B...#Front_calipers

Front calipers

Skyline GT 1998-2002 (R34)

296mm x 30mm Rotor

Lug: 5

Conversion Lines Needed?: Yes

Wheel Clearance: Will fit Z32 and S14 SE wheels.

Skyline 1998-2002 GTT (R34)

310mm x 30mm Rotor

Wheel Clearance: Need larger wheel.

Skyline 1998-2002 GTR (R34 - Brembo)

324mm x 30mm Rotor

Wheel Clearance: Need larger wheel.

Rear Calipers

Z32 (1990-1996 300ZX),

R32 (GTS, GSTS, and GTR 1989 - 1993),

R33 (GTS and GTST 1993-1998),

and R34 (GT, GTT 1998-2002) use a

297mm x 18mm Rotor - Internal drum e-Brake

Edited by Tezzah

Apparently some R34 GT (na) owner has front 296mm - I'm guessing these are the coupe, as some other R34 na owners tell me the 296 is too big for theirs, - so I reckon R34 sedan has 280mm ?

Are the R33 NA & R34 NA front pads the same? the data I have is R34 NA uses the same pads at the front with R34 GTT and R33 Gtst ?

just replaced the pads in my r34 na, they are the same as the r33 gts (not gtst or r34 gtt)

Edited by R34GTFOUR

Steve, are they curved shape ones? I think I know what pads they are. DP2792 (green) or 3792 (red). 137x54x17 mm.

R33 Gtst/R34 GTT are DP21200/31200 square shape 120x70x14mm

Apparently some R34 GT (na) owner has front 296mm - I'm guessing these are the coupe, as some other R34 na owners tell me the 296 is too big for theirs, - so I reckon R34 sedan has 280mm ?

From a "logical perspective" I would imagine it should be the same between the sedan and coupe (both n/a), because it would be silly to manufacture 2 different types of rotors for essentially the same spec vehicle, also with the extra weight of the sedan it would not really make sense to give it smaller rotors...

just my 2c

hm, this is becoming like a can of worms, according to fitment guide R34 GT non turbo should be 296mm front and 297mm rear (same as R33 Gtst)

but seems like some have 280mm front and 297mm rear (R33 GTST) - but since yours is 265mm rear, I'm not very sure man... Maybe the 296/297mm ones are the coupes as they would need to be sportier and fit bigger rims, and the sedan may indeed have 280/265. the problem is I found the 280mm front but not the rears.

Yeah...it's not looking good for me :S 280 on the front is something I can live with, but being that the rears are so much different is making me want to go all out on upgrading the brakes to R33 GTSt, and at least not have problems in the future with replacement rotors and pads.

hm, this is becoming like a can of worms, according to fitment guide R34 GT non turbo should be 296mm front and 297mm rear (same as R33 Gtst)

but seems like some have 280mm front and 297mm rear (R33 GTST) - but since yours is 265mm rear, I'm not very sure man... Maybe the 296/297mm ones are the coupes as they would need to be sportier and fit bigger rims, and the sedan may indeed have 280/265. the problem is I found the 280mm front but not the rears.

the r34 in na form did come out with a GT-V model which is exactly the same but with the turbo brakes/suspension so maybe thats where the data is getting mixed up.

The GT-V isnt as common, so it would be safe to say most na r34's run the smaller r33 gts brakes (like mine does, and mines a coupe btw :P)

I cant remember the part number for the pads (i only stuck cheap shit because im upgrading in a month or so) but they were curved in shape, not square

Edited by R34GTFOUR