SAU Community

Y31 Brakes?

HIZOKU

there not r32 gtst or z33 Calipers that is what is making it so hard i have seen zx32 calipers mounted on so may do this but still need to find out what disc to go

i will get picture tommorow

was thinking the same thing, theres no where else to realy look in the sports car section of nissan,

if they look like this there s13 or cefiro brakes, same rotors and pads as the SR20DET s13 i guess?

brakes02.jpg

Yeah they have similair if not the same caliper as Ceffy and s13.

I plan to chuck Z32 calipers on mine...

I know no one in Australia has probably attempted it but the Cima is heavy as and definately needs a brake upgrade.

I have seen GTR calipers on a set of Y31 cima front coilovers

do you reacon new rotors will be needed or is it possible to use the original rotors

I will need new rotors and the car is 5 stud

maybe i should go to r33 disc and calipers? or R32 GTST disc and calipers somthing along these lines sorry i have taken so long to get pictures just been working getting other car ready for weekend

• 1 month later...

Bump well the brake rotors are off and there a Hub style disc like the r31 but there 5 stud so this has chucked me right off knowing what would match it

there 260mm and the hub itself goes in stages.

so disc witdh is 24mm MIN then the hub is 31mm then there is a extra bit on the hub that is 19mm

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

just gonna bump this up. im keen for a brake swap too. if something wll bolt over? i know ts got a different mounting space to regular s13, r32/33 brakes

really? i figured the rear wud at the least be the same for mounting calipers so s13/r32/3/4 gtr etc

and those red calipers above look like a31./s13 cali's

Win.

Rear brake pads I believe are DB1144, had a look at my pads when they were out and also a look at a picture of them. they appear to be correct and are of the same era as the cefiro. Pads listed are for Nissan Cima (check your bendix cat's)

can confirm this tomorrow when they arrive.

100% Confirmed part number for New rear brake pads by Bendix. DB1144GCT.

WIN!

I'd assume the fronts follow the same fashion.

Likely listed in Bendix catalogues as Cima, same same as A31 Cefiro but I do beleive A31/C33 front is exactly the same as SR20DET ? (there is some arguement about this).

Regaring direct bolt ups, S13 calipers would bolt up directly anyway, as should any Nissan caliper, R33 GTST and Z32 being the favorites.

Otherwise just take the whole knuckle assembly with 5 stud hub off something else and do a big 5 stud brake upgrade.

-

Do these use the same rear cradle as A31/C33/R32, etc ?

Looks a tad weird to me...

5035_121717637463_638682463_3339248_7489927_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

no these use a r200 long nose, same as a hr31..

brakes are basicly r33 na brak, havent checked padsyet, they are not sr brakes, they use the same size rotor but with a larger 2 pot caliper. i have been playing since last post. i am just about to bolt s13 front hubs and shizz in with s13 coilovers. these brakes are actually a really good upgrade for stock sr rotors. and bolt straight on.

woo go me,

• 1 year later...

Hey E-Z,

I've got a cima Gloria same colour and req a front disc rotor and wondering on some sort of substitute without doing the whole coil over upgrade as my airbag suspension and all electrics are working fine and it's still 100% original including the crocheted cima embossed head rest covers.

Cheers Tony

• 4 years later...

so just found myself with another Y31 Cima

By the looks of it has been upgraded to the R33 NA rotors and brakes but I was looking at going for 4 pots as my spare Cima is now likely going to be used for the track.

also wanting to do a 4 stud conversion on my new road car to fit some old skool Rays 3 piece alloys I have.

So am attempting to fit some 180sx hubs today

Will hopefully post pics soon, but just wondering with upgrading to 4 pots will i need an adapter if I use the 300zx rotors

• 2 years later...