SAU Community

Info on Staega's

Nizman

Auctech 260RS is an R33 GTR wagon (basically). Very rare, very expensive.

Standard Stagea - there are turbo and non-turbo RWD versions, also a 4WD version (only seen non-turbo). They use the RB25DE and DET respectivley. Have seen quite a few in NZ. Was a 25X (non-turbo 4WD) parked next to my rental Forester.

Not sure who offers compliance for Stagea in Aus. There are a couple floating around Melb - including a 260RS - but are either personal imports or (in the case of the 260) evaluation cars for workshops looking to apply for RAWS compliance.

Company in Japan - Masae? Motorsports - produce a modificated Stagea with an R34 GTR front clip. Looks much tougher than the standard.

Interior is pretty nice. Some have woddgrain and leather. Is a BIG wagon - like an older Volvo in size (and squareness).

Some 260 info here - http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/stagea.html - or, if you have GranTurismo 1 or 2, read the info screen about the Stagea from the Nissan dealer. Lots of info there :D

Remember too, Google is your friend.

thanks jamezilla, great info.

I've done the ring around this morning, can't find anyone is SE QLD that has the plates, most don't even know what a Stagea is.

But the most important piece of info I'm after is price? If the RS has GTR gear then its going to be expensive, 60K +, but I'm hoping the RB25DET powered ones will be under 30K.

Doesn't someone on these forums have one?

MR-GTR on these forums has one I believe, and was also looking to import and compliance them when I met him a couple of years back. Do a member search, he's gone quiet lately, but I thought I saw a post from him recently. He's on the Gold Coast as well (or was at the time).

Stagea (the R33 like version) can apparently by brought over here for under $25k.. basically only a few more $k than your standard R33 GTS-T and same engine so turbo goodness..

Not sure who compliances them under the new scheme though, could be a while

There are plenty of stagea's around. I wouldn't say the autech 260 was extremely rare - but it does qualify as very hard to find

interestingly, while I have seen 100's of classified ads, I have never seen a manual stagea for sale. I actually assumed they didn't exist (which is the case for many wagon variants)

Originally posted by DaiOni

There are plenty of stagea's around.  I wouldn't say the autech 260 was extremely rare - but it does qualify as very hard to find

interestingly, while I have seen 100's of classified ads, I have never seen a manual stagea for sale.  I actually assumed they didn't exist (which is the case for many wagon variants)

Are you ok DaiOni? I just did a quick check of Car Sensor, and there are heaps of 260RS's for sale... manual ones at that.

Sorry, I can't hotlink Car Sensor stuff, and it's all in Jap, but DaiOni just got to Car Sensors online site and click on "catalogue" from the drop-down menu, put a tick mark on "2.5 RS FOUR V", and after the page has changed, at the top put a check mark on "MT" and re-seach... manual 260RS heaven...

Originally posted by DaiOni

well, I was making a distinction between the stagea and the autech 260.  I've never seen an auto 260 for sale either :D  (unsurprisingly)

Cool, no big deal :D

Just so ppl don`t get the idea that Stagea`s are 99% auto, it`s more like 70/30 AT and MT... manuals are definately out there.