SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

defected with good reason, but to pull you over for a bullshit excuse like that is just gay..

he obviously has something againts SAU now.

imo, everyone take the SAU stickers off ya car. in case this ''respectable law enforcement officer'' sees it, and gives you

another sticker for your trouble.

might rep an SAU sticker on my company car.

see what happens.

you might get defected because your sticker says its a skyline

and yet u drive a getz.....watch out for that shit brew lol

Look what this has become! Now he is basically targeting us!! And even recommending the owners to SAU!

That's bad luck, Crack_1. It's becoming real bullshit. The guy has it out for any Skyline owners and has no discretion what-so-ever.

But at the same time, I guess it is a legit defect. Our defect laws are a bit different to Victoria (assuming that's where you're originally from).

But yes, welcome to SAU and the community! :P

they're not actually, ADR (Aussie Design Rule) therefore national..........just harsher enforcement in some places more than others........welcome to Adelaide

they're not actually, ADR (Aussie Design Rule) therefore national..........just harsher enforcement in some places more than others........welcome to Adelaide

Strangely enough tho, I've never been defected. Granted I don't drive around as much as some of you guys...

I've had police follow me thru main roads and sidestreets... some of them really tailgate hard (I don't know what legal limit is, but I'm sure these guys the other day couldn't see my numberplate they were that close...), been pulled over and had licence and breatho done but never defected.

Having said that, probability is I won't be that fortunate forever. Inspite of politeness, having a straight vehicle with legal mods, and not driving like a tool, I'm sure that one day I'll get pulled over by somebody with a quota to fill. The day that happens, I shall not be a happy chappy... probably kick and scream, use every avenue available to draw the saga out for the sake of righteousness (yeah I have no life and I am a vindictive man by nature) and then probably find myself without much money...

Interesting to read that article. All tint has a serial ID that says what the ratio is, and the manufacturer. The tints that come stock are not subject to the aftermarket law, as the car was approved en masse by the manufacturer before any 'driver certified' modification takes place.

Just remember; you can have >ANY< modification you want, provided its certified by an engineer as being compliant with all automotive, environmental and safety requirements (ADR and ISO). Just sucks that engineer reports are not cheap, otherwise I'd build a stupendously beastly vehicle, get it certified and every time I got pulled over it'd be a case of "heres my approval mate ;D"

Anyhow, sucks that he got you but as stated, EBC's and TT's are most definately defectable... nowt you can do about it

-D

Just remember; you can have >ANY< modification you want, provided its certified by an engineer as being compliant with all automotive, environmental and safety requirements (ADR and ISO). Just sucks that engineer reports are not cheap, otherwise I'd build a stupendously beastly vehicle, get it certified and every time I got pulled over it'd be a case of "heres my approval mate ;D"

Just remember they can still defect you even if you have an engineers report...all they have to say is they suspect you've changed something since the tests and bam! off to regency you go.

In Victoria, they're not allowed to have both a exposed pod and a fmic... only one or the other. It's such crap, cause that's not even a ADR!

EMERGENCY

lol, sorry for giant title and possibly inappropriate place to post this, but I have regency inspection in less than 2 hours and my car very recently started misfiring. I didn't have time whole day and now I went to replace the coil pack that didnt work but car is still misfiring. Only one coil pack isnt working but since replacing it didnt help i assume it's loom that is stuffed, and now all places that sell them are closed.

can i pass regency with car misfiring?? or is there any way to quickly fix the connector on the loom?

again sorry for making this post look so annoying

As long as the car can start, hold an idle, doesn't pump out smoke, then yes, you can.

I passed last year in a Familia and that was running and idling like shit and they didn't say anything... as long as it doesn't backfire or stall... and it has to hold up on the 4000rpm rev + handbrake test!

Goodluck!!

Edit: Wait... Regency inspection at 6:30pm?!

Edited by CRoNic...

As long as the car can start, hold an idle, doesn't pump out smoke, then yes, you can.

I passed last year in a Familia and that was running and idling like shit and they didn't say anything... as long as it doesn't backfire or stall... and it has to hold up on the 4000rpm rev + handbrake test!

Goodluck!!

heh... its actually at 7:30pm... they work late on thursdays.

thanx man :P

Edited by Rocky88

Just remember they can still defect you even if you have an engineers report...all they have to say is they suspect you've changed something since the tests and bam! off to regency you go.

True.

Eddy did ya get my messages?

-D

gotta love that there is graff, assults, robberies and all kinds of criminal acts and this dickhead cop goes around hastling people tryna get some shopping because of the car they drive...... great police work

...and as the cop was playing 'follow the leader' and tailgating me until I found a park in the shopping centre, he drove straight past a '86 Mitubishi Magna driver by an L-plater parked illegally over a yellow line in front of the Arndale ATM's.

Gotta love that tunnel-vision.

Sounds like when I got defected in my Familia. I was driving behind a cop, on my way to Colonades. The cop in front pulled over, let me overtake and then flew up my ass. He followed me all the way into Colonades carpark and as soon as I got out the car, he walked up to me and said "Pop your bonnet". That was it! No flashing lights, no "I pulled you over for this reason", nothing. There was 2 of them, and they were both young guys.

They were on a power trip! They even threw the backing of the defect sticker into my car in front of me and said "We won't need this".

After I passed Regency, and drove it to the Seaford Tav one night, I was out the back having a beer and I saw them pull up next to the car. Both of the same cops actually walked into the pub and looked like they were looking for me! And they were!! They actually came up to me and said "Hope you learnt your lesson. Your car looks alot better now." and walked off!!

Then, 9 months later, one of them pulled me over again! Walked up to my window and said "You look familiar! haha" and checked out the car! By then, there wasn't a single defect so he let me off.

How bad is that!!

Goodluck!!

i failed :D

the guy there was actually nice, but said that's a mother of misfiring... I even stalled it 2 times while trying to get it up on hoist coz its just so weak... and cause its misfiring the exhaust is also hell louder - another fail... and i need to fix 3 manifold studs, which i was going to do soon anyway...

i just dont know how to fix misfiring now... i changed plugs, changed coil pack and ignition lead seems to be alright, cause i tested all connectors with multimiter and all were perfect... ive done even all other shit everyone says like fuel pump, afm,... wtf happened to my car???