SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

defected with good reason, but to pull you over for a bullshit excuse like that is just gay..

he obviously has something againts SAU now.

imo, everyone take the SAU stickers off ya car. in case this ''respectable law enforcement officer'' sees it, and gives you

another sticker for your trouble.

Well actually looks like he is targeting any Skyline so taking the sticker off won't help you with shit.

i failed :banana:

the guy there was actually nice, but said that's a mother of misfiring... I even stalled it 2 times while trying to get it up on hoist coz its just so weak... and cause its misfiring the exhaust is also hell louder - another fail... and i need to fix 3 manifold studs, which i was going to do soon anyway...

i just dont know how to fix misfiring now... i changed plugs, changed coil pack and ignition lead seems to be alright, cause i tested all connectors with multimiter and all were perfect... ive done even all other shit everyone says like fuel pump, afm,... wtf happened to my car???

That's crazy! Some inspectors are stricter than others. When I went through the second time, my inspector didn't even test my exhaust properly... he just said "Yeah, rev it a bit... yeah, that sounds like it's alright".

Okay, so you've cleaned your AFM with electrical cleaner? Can you get to a mechanic to see if they can pull off any error codes from the ECU?

Well actually looks like he is targeting any Skyline so taking the sticker off won't help you with shit.

Yep. He's assuming every single Skyline in Adelaide is owned/driven by a member on SAU.

In Victoria, they're not allowed to have both a exposed pod and a fmic... only one or the other. It's such crap, cause that's not even a ADR!

Different regs, they are covered under emissions.

Interesting reading this while drinking cc and coke,

In the very beginning I thought this lovely police officer was friendly and only looking for dangerous mods.

very interesting.. things change.

Interesting.

Ive just passed regecny, even with my car legal now I still get looks etc.

I would like to drive in peace for once. this is getting stupid.

Interesting.

I thought there would have been more attention to this thread, now that the tide has changed with the friendly officer.

Interesting.

At the end of the day....................Ive started slowly telling myself not to worry about being pulled over etc. I never drive like a dick. I dont speed, and if some officer wants to pull me over its fine by me.

Ive had badluck. for someone that doesnt go on any 'cruises' etc Ive been thru regency 4 times. should start knowing people their by their first name soon. good times.

:) interesting

wouldnt that then defeat the purpose? if you notify them that they are being recorded, they wont say a thing out of line. If it is illegal to record without permission how would anyone have recorded evidence.

You may be right but I think thats just silly.......

wouldnt that then defeat the purpose? if you notify them that they are being recorded, they wont say a thing out of line. If it is illegal to record without permission how would anyone have recorded evidence.

You may be right but I think thats just silly.......

who said it was illegal to record without permission?

so we are allowed to record with out there permission?

i know it wont stop us getting a defect but it will help to keep the police inline more...

i for one will start doing it if allowed..

what would happen if i get pulled over in vic driving my r33, and the cop says pop the bonnet and my bonnet realises dosn't work and i can't open the bonnet, what would happen? in the worst case?

one word, suspicion, the key to the cops powers.

defected with good reason, but to pull you over for a bullshit excuse like that is just gay..

lol, i might be missing something, but when has a cop ever needed a reason to pull you over? most of my defects have been from a cop randomly pulling me over, no reason etc, they just see me, chuck a U-bolt or whatever and chase me, put the lights on and pull me over.

Whoa! Rocky88, the first thing you should have done is asked for his badge number and got out a pen and paper and started taking notes. Racial comments from a police officer is simply not on.

In regards to the defects, the cops can, and will, defect you for a 'loud' exhaust even without hearing or testing it. They can send you to Regency on suspicion of a defect, too.

Don't worry about the Turbo Timer claim, as, if it's connected into the alarm system, you'll be fine going through Regency.

I'm not sure about the laws surrounding opening up your compartments, but I know they don't need a warrant, but may require to ask you to open it, rather than them opening it themselves.

But I'd be reporting this one to the police.

turbo timers are illegal, whether its part of ur alarm system or whatever, anything that allows the car to run without keys in the ignition.

as far as searching, i think they need either a warrant or "reasonable suspicion", dont know what the guidelines around it are tho.

yay, I got my first defect today

Two civilian cops came to me when I pulled over at Port Rd Shell to fill up my car... One of them just said in a very arrogant way "do you know Australian road rules?" And I was like "excuse me?" Then he showed me his badge and only then I realised they were cops. Then he started listing some things I apparently did wrong while they were following me, like speeding, failure to give way and failure to indicate and similar bullshit which they probably pulled straight out of their arses, cause I'm 100% sure all of that stuff was made up. And then without writing me any ticket for any of those "offences" (seems like he made up that shit just to break the ice) he quickly changed topic and said "you got turbo timer, that's a defect" when he noticed my car was still running. Then one cop told me that I have to go to Pt Adelaide police station for a vehicle inspection straight away.

So I went to Pt Adelaide station. The guys in police office reception told me to go out and wait at my car. Then another cop showed up. While inspecting my car he kept insulting me and making racial comments like "I know you sick c*nts" "don't f**k with me" and similar shit even though I was trying to be nice at all times. He opened up every compartment in my car without asking me and then he started to go through my papers and school stuff just like that... Then he found a couple of receipts from Japanese Performance Imports and said in a smartass way "well, what do we have here? hahahaha" he went through all of them only to find stuff like "fan belt" etc... Then he then asked me to pop the bonnet and he noticed a blocked off wastegate pipe (which is where the boost controller goes) and he said it's a home made boost controller and when I said it's not, it's only blocked off pipe he got really pissed off cause he thought he was lying even though I was not. He didn't find anything else wrong in engine bay, so he tested the tint on side windows and apparently it was too dark. Then he wrote down that my exhaust is too loud even though my car was off at all times and he didn't even take a look at my car's exhaust. He also added turbo timer, even though my car doesn't have an turbo timer. It only has one that's feature of my car alarm and is triggered only by the combination of buttons, not by just pulling the keys out... people who got Viper car alarm will know what I'm talking about. Again when I told him that he got pissed of at me cause I was apparently lying again.

Then he took me into office and I had to listen to more of his threats like how he can throw me into jail for lying to police officer and ruin my career and similar shit... by that time I realised the guy is just a psycho trying to intimidate me... so I've pretty much given up and stayed quiet for the rest of his monologue...

I'm surprised how much shit I had to take from this guy just for a defect. It's not like I commited a crime or a driving offence... Does anyone else here have experience with this guy who shall remain nameless? He's got strong scottish, pale sunburnt skin and short blonde/reddish hair.

so just to confirm, this knob jockey, was he the neil bloke mentioned in this thread?

Caster Rods, I was told it must be stock. Rose jointed rods = No.

nah, caster rods are legal, pretty sure rose joints are allowed, but they cannot be the grease nipple kind (which im pretty sure not many are), ive been through rose jointed caster rods a few times now.

just weld your bonnet shut and leave a hole where the oil filler cap is, and a hole for topping up the radiator. thatll do it.

you would get defected for illegal bonnet modifications :O

they're not actually, ADR (Aussie Design Rule) therefore national..........just harsher enforcement in some places more than others........welcome to Adelaide

ADR's and defect laws are different, sure the guidelines are the same, but the way in the defect is dealt with is completely different, in this sense SA is behind the times, big time.

so we are allowed to record with out there permission?

i know it wont stop us getting a defect but it will help to keep the police inline more...

i for one will start doing it if allowed..

im not sure, but if u look at cop shows, people are being recorded without their knowledge, even if their identity is protected, it seems the actual act isnt illegal. saying that, i think using the recording as evidence is where ud run into issues.

youtube ftw tho, name and shame.

btw back on officer neil topic... remember how he called the loose blocked off bov line a "home made boost controller"? well the guy on regency checked my defect notice and he said literally "this cop must have been the biggest f**** idiot ever"... and he was right... he was idiot and I hope you're reading that, neil.... seems like you don't know much about these cars after all... the regency guy said "that thing wouldnt really affect boost since its not even connected to wastegate". And as for turbo timer... he said you were full of crap again. The only reason I failed regency this time was cause my car was badly misfiring, and my car started misfiring quite some time after it was defected. Next time this douche threatens me to charge me with lying and trow me in the jail (like wtf!?... i mean jail!?) when I was clearly speaking truth I'll record him and report him... but for now i'll give him another chance to leave me and my r32 alone. god im still pissed off  :O

Edited by Rocky88

Rok, I don't know you but you're obviously quite young which may possibly be the reason this particular officer was inclined to attempt his intimidation tactics.

Once again, I've just read your #14 post and just wanted to reiterate that if you think there was any vilification involved or unnecessary threats made, there are other avenues & options for you, refer post #40.........no point unless you're prepared to follow through though.

just to clear something up there ^

after market castor rods are illegal. rose joints also. I went through regency not long ago and they didnt pass them.

unless they are engineered.

after market castor rods are illegal. rose joints also. I went through regency not long ago and they didnt pass them.

If you dont mind me asking, what brand are your caster rods?

I think Neil should actually sign up to SAU and actually make his intentions be known. Instead of trawling the site and reading everything and inturn going on a power trip and just defecting anything with the Skyline badge.

I think what he is doing is very immature, all because we did not want him checking over each of our cars at every cruise now he's gone on a defect binge. It really shows what we would of got ourselves into if we went along with it.

yeh its a grey area, a lot of people tell me that they are illegal, but they aren't, probably depends on the inspector, but ive passed a few times now, in fact one actually talked about them saying its better rose joint than the stock rubber ones as they wear out real quick, not 100% correct but i was happy to go along with it.

if you get denied for them, ask to see someone else and say uve been through before with them, in a nice and respectable way of course. just say that u understand its a grey area but that you have been told that as long as they arent the grease nipple type, they are legal and that u have been passed with them before.