SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

hi i got done a month ago for bald rear tyres in my 2 door witch wernt at all so all i done literly was drove down to christys cop shop an got it aken off the sapol officer came out checked them an said yep fine to me an explaind i should sell the car as its a target as theses cars get used all he time in high speed pursuits i then said to him have a look in he back see the child seat dont think so bloke

mechainc at work has a r32 got a canarie to regency 2 days after he got it passed i t got done again for the same things wich he changed so i said for him to take it to the cop shop an explain whats happend an the officer went out looked at the car asked if the exhaust was stock an then took the sticker off an cleared the car

ive also been told wether its a myth or not or if it works i dont try to get done but its go's along like this if you go to motor reg an give them the rego number an vin an ask if the car is defected as your lookin into buying it if its not then your car isnt as i said im not sure if it work or its a myth

Translated: :)

Hello. I got done a month ago for bald rear tyres in my 2 door, which were not at all. So all I did, literally, was drove down to Christies Beach Police Station an got the defect taken off. The SAPOL officer came out checked them and said "Yep, fine to me" and explained I should sell the car as its a target, as these cars get used all the time in high speed pursuits. I then said to him "Have a look in the back. See the child seat? Don't think so bloke".

Mechanic at work has an R32. Got a canary. Went to regency. 2 days after he got it passed, it got done again for the same things which he changed to clear the first defect. So I said for him to take it to the police station and explain whats happened. The officer went out looked at the car. The officer asked if the exhaust was stock, and then took the sticker off and cleared the car when he was satisified with its roadworthiness.

I've also been told, whether its a myth or not or if it works (I don't try to get done, but its goes along like this), if you go to motor reg and give them the registration number and vin, ask if the car is defected as your looking into buying it. If its not then your car isn't defected. As I said I am not sure if it work, or if its a myth.

Yes, I'm bored :)

Don't people do English at school anymore?

Hi

I have an a booking at Regencey to get SA reg on my car ( no Australian compliance plate )and I am not sure about the turbos.Can anyone tell me the exact part numbers that should be on a 1990 GTR turbo .

Cheers

I was under the impression that the form they gave me at my first inspection ( I thought it was just a matter of checking the engine number ) at Sturt road centre gives you and exemption. The form is called " application for exemption from the fitting of a compliance plate ". The car has been registered in QLD and is currently registered in VIC. The car has a Vin plate attached. I have paperwork from ISASO compliance centre in QLD and receipts ($1281 ) for the compliance done in July 07.

I am new to this so If you know anything that will save me a re-inspection fee , I would love to know about it.

Cheers

^^ Same here. My car doesn't need compliance plate either. People from canberra that do compliancing told me my car never got one cause it was imported under some old scheme... and my car was imported sometime in mid-2005. I don't get it, cause I know many cars imported in 90's that have compliance plate... but as long as they're fine with it I dont care...

^^ Same here. My car doesn't need compliance plate either. People from canberra that do compliancing told me my car never got one cause it was imported under some old scheme... and my car was imported sometime in mid-2005. I don't get it, cause I know many cars imported in 90's that have compliance plate... but as long as they're fine with it I dont care...

Yeah, the differences between SEVS and RAWS (15 year rule which no longer applies)

Not quite sure what the diff is but I think the cars imported under the 15 year old rule can get away with a little more...

-D

I took my car to Vehicle inspection and not the regency place. They're right near eachother though. My car just got imported from Japan and all it needed was a Vehicle Inspection. It's on Narweena (sp) St Regency. There were plenty of interstate cars there being checked. Maybe give them a call and see what you need to do?