SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

f*k thats sucks then, so even thou my car is stock as a rock engine wise, i still can get defected for having a modded car just because my bonnet release dosn't work? wtf lol

how do u clear that defect thou, if there was nothing wrong with the engine. do u just have to fix the bonnet release and then go to the cop shop and show the police my engine bay? lol f*k cops have to much power over cars

They'd be able to ping you for not being able to open the bonnet. Or, they'll ping you for a suspicion of a defect or something else minor.

It depends on the defect to where you get sent.

A minor defect (bald tyres, blinker not working, etc) you'll go to a cop shop.

A major defect (loud exhaust, too low, boost gauge in wrong spot, turbo timer, etc) you'll go to Regency.

Most of the time, you'll get sent to Regency, though. And they'll check over everything (not just what's on the list).

But if you get sent to the cop shop, they'll simply check what's on the list - nothing else.

just weld your bonnet shut and leave a hole where the oil filler cap is, and a hole for topping up the radiator. thatll do it.

lol you will be so f**ked if one of the plugs fouled lol

just weld your bonnet shut and leave a hole where the oil filler cap is, and a hole for topping up the radiator. thatll do it.

that would have to be one of the stupidest things i have ever heard in my 21 years

of being on this planet.

and my ex girlfriend was a retard, and you still take the cake!

:blush:

• Like 1

hey mate yes i know this bloke he defected my 34 witch was pretty much stock.. he's an aregant f**k, ahah my gf was with me when it happen, he said its ok love he's not in 2 much trouble she went ppptttt dont talk to me and get out of my face you perv haha he was speachless.. i thought she was going to got locked up.. but yea made my life hell 4 about 1 month so much f**ken around getting it off defect not to mention the cash.. unlucky champ, h8 em all

Hello All

I am a new member to this forum...recommended by, yes you guessed it, our friendly neighbourhood Scottish Cop. He told me about the feedback he had been receiving on this site whilst defecting my Skyline.

We were heading South on Hanson Road yesterday afternoon. It's been a good six months since we drove through Woodville / Arndale. Mr. Policeman was heading North along Hanson Road. He spotted my black 4-door R33 Skyline and did a U-turn about a kilometre up from Arndale shopping centre. After he followed for a km I pulled into Arndale shopping centre. Just as I was pulling into a carpark, the disco lights came on.

He opened with "I pulled you over due to the fact that there has been plenty of these types of Skylines been stolen in the area." My reply was "Please tell me how many 4-door Skylines exist in South Australia, let alone in the this area." With no reply he began checking the car for defect. This is despite me not having done anything to get pulled over in the first place. I was doing about 55kmph in a 60 zone and driving sensibly.

My next comment to him was "In that case, tell me how many of these that had been stolen would have been driven by a fat, balding white man?" Again, Mr Policeman had nothing to say.

The next thing to come out of his mouth was "I am getting you for your Boost Controller, your BOV, your 4 gauges up the A-pillar and your Turbo Timer." To which my reply was "Well, mate, we have had this car for 6 months now and it was a Vic registered car. I know the BOV and 2 gauges may be illegal because I put them in myself after buying the car. But I had to get this vehicle checked by Regency before I could register it in SA for the first time, and they okayed 2 gauges, the Turbo Timer and the Boost Controller."

All the copper had to say was "the guy who checked your car must have been having a bad day".

So now I have a canary in the front window and rego that runs out before the date of the Regency Inspection. Another win for the revenue raisers of the SA government.

IF ANYONE has a date for a vehicle inspection with SA transport at Regency park PRIOR TO the 12th January and CANNOT KEEP THIS APPOINTMENT please let me know so I can take your spot! I really don't want to have to wait this long for an appointment.

Oh, and steer clear of the Port Adelaide / Woodville area...

Crack_1

If that was the case he had all that time he was following you to run your plates to ensure the vehicle was not reported stolen.

Bad form, all he had to say was "i've pulled you over for a licence check" nothing more.

I think he enjoys his job far too much.

Look what this has become! Now he is basically targeting us!! And even recommending the owners to SAU!

That's bad luck, Crack_1. It's becoming real bullshit. The guy has it out for any Skyline owners and has no discretion what-so-ever.

But at the same time, I guess it is a legit defect. Our defect laws are a bit different to Victoria (assuming that's where you're originally from).

But yes, welcome to SAU and the community! :/

Edited by CRoNic...