SAU Community

Type Of Bulb Used In The R32 Headlamp

jnr_chin

i think h3 and h3c are different...32s have different headlight globes...they can either have H1 (like mine does) or they can have H3C. just pull it out and check what it is before you buy.

some 32 healight covers actually have the type of globe printed on it. mine doesnt though so had to pull it out to see what globe it took.

not necessarily. i had projectors with h3c bulbs.

as jakez88 said, they can be either h1 or h3c bulbs

oh ok. i just checked the projector type i have sitting in my garage and it was a H1 globe.

so projector headlights uses h3 and h3c and the normal headlamp uses h1, h2 right or wrong

Wrong. The r32 projector headlights come in 2 types.

1 type uses H1 and has a different alloy mount behind the projector to the h3c ones. The H1 globe clips into an adapter that outputs 3 pins (only 2 flow current) which then clips into the headlight loom. The other type is the h3c type. The alloy mount in the projector is different and it plugs straight into the loom with no adaptor. H3 is another type of globe, not quite the same as h3c. It has a positive terminal on a lead like your high beam globe should have and the actual frame of the globe is the negative or ground which when mounted connects the circuit. You can use h3 in the h3c type projector if you wish but you will have to solder the ground directly to the globes frame and it looks messy for no reason. You must pull out your globe and have a look what type is being used as an h1 globe will not fit the h3c alloy mount and vice versa.

Hope this clears up all the confusion on r32 headlight globes... :rolleyes:

also not to forget that there are the non projectors and they use the h4

they look exactly like the n1 gtr lights but just dont have the clips for the front grill

pic posted is of the n1 lights, but the non projector are exactly the same looking

dsc02223iv9.jpg

w640.png

• 1 month later...
also not to forget that there are the non projectors and they use the h4

they look exactly like the n1 gtr lights but just dont have the clips for the front grill

pic posted is of the n1 lights, but the non projector are exactly the same looking

dsc02223iv9.jpg

w640.png

Hey! Thats my headlight. Now I know, I searched everywhere and couldnt find any information on them. Wonder how i get the little ones in the middle to work...? Anybody know?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

quick question lads, i have projector on my 32R and have picked up a pair of N1 looking headlights with clips for front grill already in place.. i have heard the one closest to the grills are fog lights.. is that true.. so the large ones (outer) is normal/high beam??

So i got h1 projector lights, and they have that mount thing you guys were talking about, i bought h1 hids and they dont come with a mount thing, how do i install this without cutting up the plastic mount to fit it in?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
quick question lads, i have projector on my 32R and have picked up a pair of N1 looking headlights with clips for front grill already in place.. i have heard the one closest to the grills are fog lights.. is that true.. so the large ones (outer) is normal/high beam??

+ 1