SAU Community

N/a+t Power Results - N/a +t Turbo Conversions Only

N-DAWG

Running straight off the actuator, but peaks around 9. I think it's a combination of the cheap intercooler i'm using and the intake on the RB25DE NEO.

I'll look at a EBC later on not so much for more power but to stabilise the boost, maybe run it at 9.

Remembering the R34 has the butterfly valve in the intake that opens at 4500revs... you can see where the boost starts building and drops a bit on the gear changes, but then it jumps by approx 1PSI on 4500revs. The intake manifold pressure is going to be different before and after 4500revs simply cause of the amount of air the butterfly valve is letting through.

I'm looking at the HDI Electronic Boost Controller at the moment as it comes with the boost gauge, which is a bonus as I need that also. They're under $400 for the combo as well. I don't know too much about them though so still need to do a bit more research.

Only thing is I want 52mm gauges to mount in the din panel, maybe put a 4th gauge where the cigarette lighter is. I've seen this done before and I only use the cig lighter for the GPS, but there's ways around getting power elsewhere for that. I just don't think the HDI Boost Gauge will fit well in that location though... I'm not a fan of plastering my gauges on the dash..not a big fan of being defected either ;)

Running straight off the actuator, but peaks around 9. I think it's a combination of the cheap intercooler i'm using and the intake on the RB25DE NEO.

I'll look at a EBC later on not so much for more power but to stabilise the boost, maybe run it at 9.

Remembering the R34 has the butterfly valve in the intake that opens at 4500revs... you can see where the boost starts building and drops a bit on the gear changes, but then it jumps by approx 1PSI on 4500revs. The intake manifold pressure is going to be different before and after 4500revs simply cause of the amount of air the butterfly valve is letting through.

I'm looking at the HDI Electronic Boost Controller at the moment as it comes with the boost gauge, which is a bonus as I need that also. They're under $400 for the combo as well. I don't know too much about them though so still need to do a bit more research.

Only thing is I want 52mm gauges to mount in the din panel, maybe put a 4th gauge where the cigarette lighter is. I've seen this done before and I only use the cig lighter for the GPS, but there's ways around getting power elsewhere for that. I just don't think the HDI Boost Gauge will fit well in that location though... I'm not a fan of plastering my gauges on the dash..not a big fan of being defected either :D

i have 2 52mm gauges in the ashtray opening and kept the lighter

Good work Nath, what ECU are you using now? I think freeing up the butterfly constantly will help a fair bit

I put some gauges in the DIN mainly as there was no other option, they were nice and neat there.

console.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Dan :(

Yeah it certainly will. I'm not sure how doing the consant 12V+ method will effect tuning though..or will it be able to adjust accordingly? I just don't want to do the butterfly mod and then have it run to lean? If anything I'd probably wait till I see someone selling an R34GTT Intake plenum/manifold and use that...but then I'm not sure how the lines would work out then since that's where i'm getting the water feed from...

I'm still running the R34 GT NEO ECU with eManage Blue and all harnesses.

Your dash is so clean! I've really got to get around to buying metho and new dash paint, mines looking pretty bad now! Where'd you get that shifter from? The leather on the top of mine started wearing and now its just continuing from there =/

What brand of gauges are they? So far I've only really seen the Just Jap Gauges, the expensive Defi Panel Gauges, and the el cheapo eBay ones that fit the din panel... I may still do the cig lighter mod..if done right I'm sure it can look quite clean. I use the ash tray to store a mini light and garage remote so I don't particularly want to remove that..though if I get an EBC I might mod the ash tray area, unless I stick with Plan A and put it in the little compartment on the lower right of the steering wheel, stealthly hidden.

Stick with the 25GT plenum, it's much better than the GTt one much better flow capabilities. If the tune has been done well it will adjust to suit the raise in boost accordingly. My car sits on 12:1 AFRs from 10 to 18 psi as it scales quite well.

Have you still got access to the maps they used in your car? I wouldn't mind having a look at the adjustments they made with fuel and timing....I've still got the software here to open the maps up with.

The gauges were Swoosh one, I was buying directly form the manufacturer and they were dirt cheap that way, they are on Ebay now and agian. I liked them as they're proper stepper motor setups with remote sensors. Just wires goingthrough the fire wall. The shifer I no longer have, it was a special Momo one that was a factory option, pretty rare. I'm looking at retrofitting the BMW auto shifter though, they look a lot better. Should just be a matter of drilling two holes to secure it in the factory location and trimming the shift actuator rod inside it.

I've got a stainless steel start button to go where the cig lighter is, really should get around to doing that :(

Put the EBC in the other compartment on the lower right, the AVCR fits there nicely and allows it to close and be 100% stealth

I will look out for the swoosh gauges then :D

If you can extract the data from the eManage Blue by all means I'll be happy for you to check it out..I don't have the maps on disc or anything myself though. Just let me know one weekend if you want to check it out. I'm in Wollongong at the moment till Monday, but after that just shoot me through a PM.

I'm really keen to try alleviating the flow through the plenum, I like having the power down low and in the mid range, moreso than up top...one of the reasons I was also attracted to the high CR set up.

Stainless steel start button sounds pretty cool, will look nice in that dash trim too! I'll definitely look at fitting an EBC in that compartment when the time comes...I like to keep the inside of the car looking relatively standard/stock when it comes to my go fast bits :(

• 1 month later...

Hey , I havent checked out this thread in a while, but awsome work N-dawg! finally got some power!

I just wanted to give an update on my power, got a gizzmo ms-ibc, which made a heap of difference in torque, so im pretty happy about that smile.gif

Really enjoying the power and torque for now, its pretty hard to keep the wheels down, even though its a 4wd.....

The purple line below, was with a little extra boost and timing, but for longevity sake I prefer safer and that way its alot cheaper to forge my engine, then if something is blown.

The red line is my current power and thats on 15psi im pretty sure, but there still is a little boost leak because the tuner and I belive the wastegate hole isnt big enough. Regardless, im happy(for now ), the cars running safe and well.

Adam

post-36975-1238131822_thumb.jpg

well, from what I have discussed with a number of people:

keeping my engine:

-I know its history and well maintained

-never missed a beat, even after all this work

-for the money, this will be a more powerful engine and be able to handle more since all forged

for 26conversion:

-would probably look more stock then a forged 25

-But, may not know the history

so yeh, always wanted a 26, but would have to spend alot more to get the same out of it. its still doing my head in though.

• 2 weeks later...