SAU Community

Factory Xenon Globes In Series 2 Stagea

RS4StagMan

To prove they are faulty and you are not trying to pull a swifty past the seller, assuming they didn't ask you to return the 6000k units

I guess they figure that you probably wouldn't be prepared to do that if the one's you have were fine and you were just trying to get a spare set without paying.

yeah i was thinking something along those lines haha! must have happened before, hence why they are asking for it!

funny thing is tho.. the globes are not faulty. just not a matched pair! which is a tad different, i said i'd send them the photos once i receive my 8000k ones (im not ruining them until i know my other ones have arrived)

and they seemed fine with that as far as i could tell.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
8000K ones turned up :P i like them alot better than the 6000K ones.. not as harsh and a bit more bluey.!

well, this is wierd... but my right hand xenon when i turn the car on is the same colour as the other one...

but after i've driven it for a while.. it goes to a more white colour, and the other stays blue...

could this be an issue with my electrics? or the globes dodgy again ?? :P *sigh* i'm getting good at changing them.

xenons have a life, if its a cheap kit then it has probably deteriorated once its come up to temperature. swap the burners over and see if the problem changes side. if it does, buy new burners (if they are 8000k they are cheap china ones - not that its a bad thing) but they are cheap to replace also.

if the problem stays on the same side, its the ballast failing.

but i got money on the burner being the problem

Could one have come out of alignment?

I know some can look a different colour depending on the angle (blue, purple etc).

i'll check.. i know they sometimes dont sit in correctly as those wire clips can bend and push it on an angle sometimes..

xenons have a life, if its a cheap kit then it has probably deteriorated once its come up to temperature. swap the burners over and see if the problem changes side. if it does, buy new burners (if they are 8000k they are cheap china ones - not that its a bad thing) but they are cheap to replace also.

if the problem stays on the same side, its the ballast failing.

but i got money on the burner being the problem

i'll swap them over tonight and see if the colour difference changes side. if it does. then i'll hit up 'sharper (but not matching) deal' again and say they are faulty after they came up to temperature..

where do i get a "better" kit from in melbourne? :P

i dont think it would be mounting. D2R/S can pretty much only go in 1 way. they are keyed and would be VERY out of alignment assuming you could get the clip over the top of them.

as for where to get a better kit. youll pay a crap load for brand name stuff, so stick with the cheapies. i bought a spare pair of burners just in case :P for $40 delivered, it was cheap enough.

those cheap china places will make you send the faulty one back before sending you a working on, you know??

Could one have come out of alignment?

I know some can look a different colour depending on the angle (blue, purple etc).

i'll check.. i know they sometimes dont sit in correctly as those wire clips can bend and push it on an angle sometimes..

Sorry mate, I meant your whole headlight assembly. Not the globe itself.

Sorry mate, I meant your whole headlight assembly. Not the globe itself.

ahhhhh i'll have a bit of a tinker and swap the globes! :P

i dont think it would be mounting. D2R/S can pretty much only go in 1 way. they are keyed and would be VERY out of alignment assuming you could get the clip over the top of them.

as for where to get a better kit. youll pay a crap load for brand name stuff, so stick with the cheapies. i bought a spare pair of burners just in case :) for $40 delivered, it was cheap enough.

those cheap china places will make you send the faulty one back before sending you a working on, you know??

oh sharperdeal just wanted photos of them to prove they were not matching.. then they sent me new ones :)

if its the globes, i'll get sharper deal to send me new ones (AGAIN) .. if its the assembly, i'll have to get it looked at.

fingers crossed its the globes! :P

25000k???? is that a joke???

put a 25000k HID next to a 6000k HID and tell me which one lights up the road better..............

it really depends where you're driving.. i purely only drive in the city and 1% of the time i actually need my headlights for the road to see rather than just to let other drivers know you're there!!

im not a fan of purple so i wouldnt do it... i might be tempted at 10,000k next time for something a bit bluer... the 8000k ones i have a still pretty damn bright.. 6000K are REALLY bright..

• 3 weeks later...
if its the assembly, i'll have to get it looked at.

fingers crossed its the globes! :P

damn. its the ballast.

i'll get it looked at when they service it.

would it be an inconsistancy in the power getting to them? i.e. one of the voltages is coming out slightly higher, hence burning slightly different colour after it warms up??

I ended up purchasing some 10,000k - I'm awaiting their arrival.

10,000k HID drop in kit will scream "Defect Me" to oncoming police or cops your behind.... Just a warning mate :mrt:

10,000k HID drop in kit will scream "Defect Me" to oncoming police or cops your behind.... Just a warning mate :D

that or they're just like... ahhh just another one of those new honda civics / bmws. :)

haha my 8,000's dont even look as blue as those cars that come standard xenons actually.. :mrt:

Edited by atomaly

I was driving my Stagea around with half a body kit and a left indicator hanging out of the shell for over 2 months and didn't encounter any problems.

I'm sure some nice blue/white lights won't do me over too hard.

... Well, I hope.

Hey guys i know this might be a bit late, but if you are ever in an emergency and want them straight away...

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-xenon/

Ordered them saturday morning, got them 11 am monday morning. All codes were the exact match up with the lights that came out of the Staj.

Postage - $7.60 AU

Price - $75.00 AUD

Total - $82.60 AUD