SAU Community

Factory Xenon Globes In Series 2 Stagea

RS4StagMan

I was driving my Stagea around with half a body kit and a left indicator hanging out of the shell for over 2 months and didn't encounter any problems.

I'm sure some nice blue/white lights won't do me over too hard.

... Well, I hope.

haha you'd be surprised how much drop in HID kits stand out at night. can spot them from a mile away cos they are annoying as gosh darn to oncoming drivers

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one of my recently changed HID's decided to have a spasm and will work on and off now.....

(it was the side that looks like its not burning as brightly as the other side)

I checked all my fuses and swapped them around, and it seemed to fix it for the moment as it seemed to stay on this time...(maybe luck???)

i'm gonna have to grab the multimeter out and check it out a bit more....

i noticed that the 10A HID fuses at the bottom of the fuse box were not present...but there was another 20A HID fuse spot aswell.....

i'll post up a pic tonight when i get home!..

ack!!!!@@@! it seems like i fix something on the car and something else decides to play up :)

haha you'd be surprised how much drop in HID kits stand out at night. can spot them from a mile away cos they are annoying as gosh darn to oncoming drivers

i have the factory xenons in my S2 (shhhh)

would angling them down a couple of notches draw less attention?

i'd be pretty unhappy if i had to get rid of them

i have the factory xenons in my S2 (shhhh)

would angling them down a couple of notches draw less attention?

i'd be pretty unhappy if i had to get rid of them

i have mine angled down as much as they go. no flashes, and havent been pulled over since i got the car :banana:

• 7 years later...

Old thread I know...

I just bought some headlights off Ebay. Unfortunately someone removed the globes.

One of my old headlights is damaged and both have the crappy halogen lights for compliance. All wiring seems intact.

Id prefer to go for some quality globes like Philips.

Id even consider getting some second hand globes from a wrecker or importer.

Is this the correct model? PHILIPS D2R, 35W, 85126

I was also wondering how the cheaper units have performed and lasted over time? I might be swayed to give them a go.

Cheers

Brendan

Philips are a great brand, but be prepared to pay the big money. I have had success with the cheaper Chinese brand, they lasted around 5 years from memory and then changed them again to the same brand before I sold the car a few years ago. 

Most people change their cars often so not worth the extra $ investment in my opinion. 

• 2 months later...