MoBo ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
Version Rev 1.xx
CPU Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 4.20GHz
System Slots 7 PCI
Memory Summary
Maximum Capacity 32768 MBytes
Memory Slots 4
Windows System Assessment
CPU Score 7.60 (Calculations per second)
Memory Score 5.50 (Memory operations per second)
Graphics Score 7.80 (Desktop performance for Windows Aero)
D3D Score 7.80 (3D business and gaming graphics performance)
Disk Score 5.70 (Disk data transfer rate)
Windows Experience Index 5.50 (Base score)
Physical Memory 2257 MB Total, 111 MB Free
Memory Load 95%
Virtual Memory 10448 MB Total, 5072 MB Free
PageFile Name C:\pagefile.sys
PageFile Size 4096 MB
In use 1317 MB
Max used 2536 MB
PageFile Name K:\pagefile.sys
PageFile Size 4096 MB
In use 1310 MB
Max used 2518 MB
Registry Size 114 MB (current), 682 MB (maximum)
The system clock interval 15 ms
Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 7970 4Gb
Dedicated Video Memory 3059 MB
Shared System Memory 1024 MB
Video Mode Description 5760 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors
Current Resolution 5760 x 1080 @ 60Hz
Monitor 1 AOC 2236
Monitor 2 AOC 2236
Monitor 3 AOC 2236
Monitor 4 Asus 7"
Disk 0
Manufacturer Seagate Model ST3500641AS
Size 500.1 GB
Drive Letter(s) F: P: R:
Disk 1
Manufacturer Seagate Model ST31000528AS
Size 1000.2 GB
Drive Letter(s) B: G: S: U: Y
Disk 2 Manufacturer Seagate Patriot Pyro
Size 60.0 GB Drive Letter(s) C: K:
Disk 3
Manufacturer Samsung HD501LJ
Size 500.1 GB
Drive Letter(s) I: J: N: W:
Disk 4
Manufacturer Samsung SAMSUNG HD501LJ
Size 500.1 GB
Drive Letter(s) D: E:
Disk 5
Manufacturer Western Digital WDC WD20EARX
Size 2000.3 GB
Drive Letter(s) Z:
Disk 6
Manufacturer Seagate Model ST2000DM001
Size 2000.3 GB
Drive Letter(s) H: L: M: T: V:
DVD Writer 0
Manufacturer LG Electronics Model HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
Drive Letter(s) Q:
CD/DVD Reader Write

Yeah its not bad. I used the Asus mobo overclocking feature n now running the CPU at 4.6Ghz and RAM at 1964MHz. Running pretty smooth

Cool, here is my PC when I had both of the GTX 660 Gaming cards in, annoyingly I spend £120 on a second MSI GTX 660 so I could SLI but found out that the PC just runs too warm and also Far Cry 4 goes weird with SLI.

KmZlCvU.jpg

TvCrZFA.jpg

kkUgZ7e.jpg

I got that CPU cooler!

Sweet. It isn't a bad cooler but I thought it would have been better for £26, maybe should have bought a Hyper 212 instead of the TX3 since it has two more heat pipes.

I got it for free, a guy at my old workplace was giving stuff away :P

Sweet. At some point I am looking at getting a better one and also a better case because I have these two monsters sat in boxes doing nothing. It is a shame really. The case is just not up to the task of getting rid of the heat produced by them.

EZElgww.jpg

MuN5xtR.jpg

h40HW7H.jpg

I1b9HWr.jpg

Changed several pieces since my last update.....

Always tweaking and changing shit in my computer configuration / set-up, its an addiction !!!

Eagerly awaiting the new Adaptive-Sync / FreeSync AMD CrossFireX enabled driver supposibly to be released at some point later this month.

Custom Desktop:
GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H LGA1150 Motherboard
Noctua NH-U12S Push / Pull PWM CPU Fans
Intel Quad Core i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz OC CPU
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 1600MHz RAM
2 Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB OC GPU's
Kingston SSDNow 128GB Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Solid State Drive
SanDisk Extreme 240GB Solid State Drive
Western Digital WDC 1.0TB Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card
Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold Power Supply
Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case
Peripherals:
BenQ XL2730Z LED 144Hz FreeSync Monitor
Samsung S27D85K PLS LED 60Hz Monitor
Audio-Technica AT9903 Clip-On Microphone
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Headphones
Audioengine A5+ 2.0 Powered Speakers
Audioengine AS8B Powered Subwoofer
SteelSeries 9HD Pro Gaming Mouse Pad
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse
Logitech G910 RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad
NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem / Router

Damn son. those MSi GTX 780 Lightnings DAMNNNN are the coolers 3-slot ? 2.5 slot wide?? they look absolutely massive !!!!

very nice cards!

The cards are 2.5 but realistically 3 because the voltage module at the back would be almost touching one of the fans, those cards are pretty damn big and they are absolutely solid to the touch, they both weight close to 1.5kg which is becoming a problem trying to find a solution to take some stress off of the PCI-e slot. Also cheers :)

FireFox-89

A better case will help with the GPU temps but I doubt you will ever cool them well. I have had the same issue in the past when I ran 2x GTX 660Ti with minimal distance between the cards. I mounted a 1500rpm 120mm fan blowing fresh air directly between the 2 cards but the top GPU always ran way hotter and on some games I had to de-clock the cards so it they didn't crash. It looks like your cards are designed to vent the hot air into the case and not out of the case which will make matters worse as the top card will be pulling in even hotter air.

FireFox-89

A better case will help with the GPU temps but I doubt you will ever cool them well. I have had the same issue in the past when I ran 2x GTX 660Ti with minimal distance between the cards. I mounted a 1500rpm 120mm fan blowing fresh air directly between the 2 cards but the top GPU always ran way hotter and on some games I had to de-clock the cards so it they didn't crash. It looks like your cards are designed to vent the hot air into the case and not out of the case which will make matters worse as the top card will be pulling in even hotter air.

Yea agreed, not really sure what I can do. I know the GPU's are designed to run at close to 80 degrees but I don't want them there

Depending on the Case and the room you have available try making up a Duct from 1 mm card and set this up with a good sized fan to essentially pressurise the GPU with OUTSIDE Case Air.
Way too many gamer's have very poor cooling due to the Case and the fans, you MUST move fresh Air in and the Hot Air out NOT circulate it around inside the case.

Especially with Dual Graphics cards so close together, and honestly I have tried SLI for several games etc and IMHO ( Or at least for what I do ) not worth the buggerising around when the cost of a card capable of hefty performance is is often less than 2 identical cards in SLI and running 3 screens off SLI can also be an issue.

Ok so I'm looking at getting a PC. I Don't really know much about computers but I would like to build one myself. How hard can it be lol. This is what I'm wanting to get.

post-103613-14292113512421_thumb.jpg

post-103613-14292113783204_thumb.jpg

post-103613-14292113990102_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics

Will all this work with each other? And will I have to buy all the cables separately?

I thought I'd ask people who know more than me.

That's really what I'm happy to pay. I would like to play arma 3 or even battlefront when it comes out.

That CPU is 3.5 gh I think so that should be enough for what I want, but it's 4 core.is that bad, there is a 6 core CPU for not much more. Though.

Isn't the 960 a 2gb card? I thought the 290 being 4 gb would be better .

I don't want to record things or do editing. Just games.

Also do graphics cards double there memory if you had 2. If I needed more later on. Like if I got another 290 would I have 8 gb of power

You don't seem to understand the core at play here. Just because the card has X amount of memory doesn't mean it'll perform better.

You also have to factor in cost vs. performance. E.g. my old GTX760 m-ITX version ran BF4 @ 1080p on high without issues (with an i5 4670 and 8GB of DDR3 RAM).

ATi cards tend to be overpriced because of their mining ability.

Most boards can't handle 2x 16xPCIe-3, they default to 8x/8x or worse, so the performance gain from SLi/Crossfire isn't that great (unless you picked up the second car for really cheap).

GTX960 are around the $300 mark. Since you're going to spend $400+, might as well $500 on a GTX970, which will poo all over the 290.

Main point is, set your budget. I used to be an AMD fan but they've dropped the ball and Intel/nvidia have really pulled away (especially with the thermal usage).

Feel free to search for benchmarks/review/builds, research is key. Here's a couple to start you off with:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html