SAU Community

Licence Suspended - Busted Driving On Suspended Licence.

r32gtrv-spec

hey guys

i have been done twice for no p plates. 3 points each time. Vicroads sent me a letter giving me the option to keep my loicence for 12 months good behaviour. or loose it for 3 months and regain all my points back.

so i decided to loose it for 3 months planning to drive only to and from work. After i had handed my licence back to the RTA i relised how much i really need it!!

so i was done sunday arvo, went thru a boozy, they hit me up for a licence and i had to explain it was suspended.

now the cop said to me more then likely ill cop more onto of my 3 month suspention, and a unlicenced fine.

has anyone been in a similar circumstamce ?

the only prior traffic convictions ive got are 2 fines for no p plates, and now the driving unlicenced. Also when i was like 14 i was done riding motorbikes around got unregistered and unlicenced. but that was like 6 years ago.

does anyone know whats i might be expecting to get ?

ive read around that it usually doubles your suspention if your caught driving whilst suspended.

let me know asap im shitting dax.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you allowed to drive to and from work with no license???

clearly some planning or smarter thinking would have helped you out of this, atleast you admitted that you may speed again, but then obvesouly you need to abide by their rules.

as you havent I guess your going to get the brunt of it.

*shakes head*

Here's a tip - if you dont have a license, DONT DRIVE!!!

I have no sympathy. Whatever penalty you get, you deserve it.

Im just glad you didnt hurt anyone (well... hopefully) driving while you weren't meant to be.

the only prior traffic convictions ive got are 2 fines for no p plates, and now the driving unlicenced. Also when i was like 14 i was done riding motorbikes around got unregistered and unlicenced. but that was like 6 years ago.

& yet it seems you didnt learn from that

Money or the box usually goes take 3 mths now and get points back after or keep driving with a 12mths demerit point extention, lose a point in that 12mth period and you're gone for 12mths.

Wouldn't see how they'd give him less than 12mth + fines

That's how it works isn't it?

Gotta be a joke anyway, 1st post ghost account?

If it's not....wow, just wow.

I think (don't quote me) that once on the 12 month probation, if you get another demerit in that time, you lose it for 6 months, as opposed to 3 months if you take the loss of license option from the start..

So I can't see it being any less than 6 months now, but I'd imagine more like 9-12 months

madbung - no it goes lose my licence for 3 months, regain all my points. or keep it for 12 months, lose a point and its gone for 6 months.

so in that perspective im looking an an extra 6 ontop of my 3. or at a minimum of 3 months ontop ++ fines.

Obviously i have farked up folks. both times i got the no p plate fines was once in the first week of getting my licence. and the 2nd time was when i just brought my vt from a car dealers., drove home without putting up the p plates.

i know ive messed up and yes, do the crime pay the time.. i cant even look at my car now im too scared to drive around..

now for everyone whos flaming me, you can all give me a bit more for this.. i just payed $26,000 for a r32 gtr v-spec from NSW. havnt even recieved the car and my licence is gone. so ill be paying off my loan over the next year and i wont even be able to drive it..

does everyone still think i dont realise ive f***ed up ??

i honestly dont speed, thus no speeding fines. So its not like im a hoon. so the judge has to take that into regard ?

what car were you driving first time when you didnt display your P's ?

second time well you knew you were picking up a vt that day, so driving is on your mind, P plates should be too

when you get your license back, have fun driving the r32gtr with green p's on, be a cop magnet, or risk loosing your license for a repeat offender of not displaying your p's.

first car i was done in w/no p-plates was a vn wagon, 5spd manual - stolen off me that same night i got the fine. Which was also the same night i just bought a set of vt s-pack rims for it. And to top it off i only bought the car 2 weeks prior to all this..

i havnt had the best run with cars and my licence this year.. but i still know people in worse situations..

the whole reason, as i planned, was to loose my licence for 3 months, get all my points back, so when i got my GTR if i got pinched id only loose 3 points the first time, and cop the fine. and still have 2 point up my sleeve. I only plan on using the GTR as a weekend car anywho. And yes i will have the green p's up in the r32, else ill lose 6 point when i get pulled over :D

so your looking for sympathy after

loosing license

Driving with suspended Lic

getting caught

then asking about what happens when you break the law even further by driving a R32 GTR on P's

not a good way to start.

btw I'ld love to see your insurance quote for that GTR.

BTW unlicensed driving is around $600 fine..

You you are fast approaching the point of known repeat offenders police little black book. Once you're in there you'll soon realise you get pulled over a lot more. You'll get no sympathy here and if you do then that person is as young and dumb as you are. You'll cop 12 months on top of your 3 months so 15 all up plus a fine (and it's a steep one at that) expect no change from 1 grand including driving a turbo car on green P's and all this because you were to silly to take the train/tram/bus/bike or walk to where you needed to go. Hell even a girlfriend, mum or mate could have let you shotgun.

Hope you learn your lesson from this one, if not, I don't expect to see you driving around in your GTR very often (at least licensed that is)

and repeat driving with no License is deemed "hooning" so expect to have that GTR impounded as well.

I think now would be a god time to buy a push bike and hand your keys over to some-one to hold for a while.

Kids kids, put down the flame throwers, fark. Yeah you're a muppet mate but I've been in a similar situation, lost my licence and had to keep driving, couldn't afford not to so I can see where you're coming from there but.....you're saying you've just bought an R32GTR and you're on you P's? Man it's not hard to put a set of P plates up and you know you can't drive that car on them anyhow. I think you need to have a good long hard think hey!?

Kids kids, put down the flame throwers, fark. Yeah you're a muppet mate but I've been in a similar situation, lost my licence and had to keep driving, couldn't afford not to so I can see where you're coming from there but.....you're saying you've just bought an R32GTR and you're on you P's? Man it's not hard to put a set of P plates up and you know you can't drive that car on them anyhow. I think you need to have a good long hard think hey!?

Its good to see that im not the only other "criminal" here among the church going soap box preachers.

You bought a gtr??? baaaahahahahaha, cop bait much???

I lost my license years back and with every intention of serving out my 3 months i sold my car, after two weeks i bought another car, if you going to drive around with out a license you need to drive a car that the cops will not look twice at, a gtr is not one of those, what is one of those is a yellow 3 cyl charade FTW, i think the cops actually felt sorry for me.