SAU Community

Licence Suspended - Busted Driving On Suspended Licence.

r32gtrv-spec

Hey man, not a great way to enter the world of SAU but everyone on here has some dark past, they just dont seem to talk about it.

One of my friends was done for driving on a suspended liscence and yeah its a hefty fine and i seem to recall 9months....anyways, good time to pay your car off without maintenance/insurance/registration/breaking parts etc; you'll be surprised how much those things cost in a year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats done is done....but hopefully you will learn from this 2nd time around.

As for the GTR and P plates.....heres a tip, while on your P's TOW the GTR to motorsport events and learn how to drive it there in a controlled legal way. That way you'll be streets ahead in skills when you get your full license.

why does everyone think that a GTR is some sort of rocketship fastest car on earth?Hell ive driven plenty of other cars that are faster/more difficult to control...every now and then you see one stoved into a pole whilst cornering...but nine times out of ten its collisions with other motorist's or speeding in a straight line that gets people into trouble....any car even my old ladies crappy old galant can do 100klms in a 50 zone,and that thing handles like shit!...fact is EVERYONE speeds even if its 65 in a 60 its still classed as speeding...big deal get over it....

why does everyone think that a GTR is some sort of rocketship fastest car on earth?Hell ive driven plenty of other cars that are faster/more difficult to control...every now and then you see one stoved into a pole whilst cornering...but nine times out of ten its collisions with other motorist's or speeding in a straight line that gets people into trouble....any car even my old ladies crappy old galant can do 100klms in a 50 zone,and that thing handles like shit!...fact is EVERYONE speeds even if its 65 in a 60 its still classed as speeding...big deal get over it....

Troy.. if you were referring to my post I wasn't suggesting anything in the above. Rather that he should drive the R legally at motorsport events rather than illegally on the road whilst on his P's.

everyone knows teh GTSt is faster :P

what a way to get done, at least you could have come up with an interesting story for us... not putting up your P plates is pretty lame dude, even Mines_Datsun was more entertaining!

you'll be alright, everyone makes mistakes... yours were just kinda silly! (but at least you weren't out there being fully hektic and almost killing people) :O

Man!!! I just got a letter in the mail from VIC Roads saying I have accumulated 12 points. DDDAAAAAMMMMIITTT. I'm taking the 3 month option!!!!!

F*CK.....

Good thing for me is that I have a brother who looks exactly the same as me!!! LOL. I'll just have to be him for 3 months... However I'll only drive during work hours if I have to. Luckily I catch the train most places. Could be a good chance to take my car off the road and do some more mods now..

Know what the Judge and my Lawyer drilled into me when I lost mine?

DON'T DRIVE WITHOUT A LICENSE.

Seriously, the penalties are huge. I think it's a several thousand dollar fine the first time, and potential jail time. The second time is automatic $4000 fine, and one month jail.

^^ true they don't take kindly to people driving without valid 3rd party (personal injury) ....

Furrymuff too.

Very true.

To the original poster: If you think your biggest concern driving a forced induction car on your P plates is losing points then you're a f**king moron. What if you hit someone? Another car, or worse, a person? Could you pay their millions of dollars in medical fees? Don't say you wouldn't either, accidents happen.

You'd have to declare bankruptcy before you even turned 21. No thanks.

Hey there,

you are in pretty much the same situation as me. Well mine is worse actually. I was caught doing 183 in a 100 zone (eastern fwy) last year. got my xr6 impounded. paid $400-450 to get the car back. court disqualified my license for 12 months with an additional fine of $1000.

anyhow i had still been driving and got pulled over yesterday. the officer took my details and i am going to get summons from the court again. this time i am pretty sure that they will add another 3-4 monts to the disqualification period and another $1000-1500 fine.

i have read all the responses and i can see where everyone is coming from that you shouldnt be driving at all etc. but does anyone realise how hard it is for us to not drive? i mean you want to go to work (so you can pay off your bills), gym (so you can rejuvenate/recharge yourself) and want to have a social life too. without a license you are pretty much the same as a disabled person or actually worse because they get someone to take care of them. one more thing i would like to add here is that i DO NOT drink, i am a finance graduate and work at one of the largest utility companies in australia. but as soon as people know you r on a suspended license they link all the bad attributes to you personality. their perception is that this guy is a criminal. i mean i know i made a mistake. i paid almost $1500 for it and i still cannot have a life. i dont know how fair this is??? the court should take into consideration all aspects before they bann you from driving.

when i first got caught speeding that was a moment of madness, i was an immature 21 year old then, had bought a brand new xr6 with my own money and just felt like the king of the world. i know i made a BIG mistake and i made the roads unsafe for other road users, i was genuinly sorry to the whole community as soon as i realised this. I got the punishment. a massive fine and a one year suspension too. i learnt from that mistake and never exceeded the speed limits after that incident. but i still dont understand to what extent is that one year suspension fair???? i mean i made a mistake. paid heavy fines. learnt from it and now that when i want to live a normal life i simply cant. the law is indirectly telling me that i just have to stay at home and have no life.

my advice to you is perhaps just write an apology letter to the court before your hearing. explain to the judge confidently in your hearing how this can impact your normal life and you wont be able to make a contribution to the society and the economy. if you can afford to get a lawyer then get a lawyer too. good luck with it all.

So you think that doing 180 the $1500 fine is enough??

When you do 25 over you get a fine and lose your license for 1 month, you did 80 over and just want a fine??

A word of warning, when i got done for driving whist disqualified they were handing out 1 month jail sentences just to make a point to everyone else, dont be surprised if they push for a 1 month jail; sentence for you.