SAU Community

Licence Suspended - Busted Driving On Suspended Licence.

r32gtrv-spec

simple if ya loose your licence just dont drive i lost mine for 3 months the 33 just sat there but what can u do theres no point in riskin gettin more time .i had to catch trains to work at 5 in the morning but hey it was my own stupidity so i dealt with it no point in feelin sorry for urself ...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there,

you are in pretty much the same situation as me. Well mine is worse actually. I was caught doing 183 in a 100 zone (eastern fwy) last year. got my xr6 impounded. paid $400-450 to get the car back. court disqualified my license for 12 months with an additional fine of $1000.

anyhow i had still been driving and got pulled over yesterday. the officer took my details and i am going to get summons from the court again. this time i am pretty sure that they will add another 3-4 monts to the disqualification period and another $1000-1500 fine.

i have read all the responses and i can see where everyone is coming from that you shouldnt be driving at all etc. but does anyone realise how hard it is for us to not drive? i mean you want to go to work (so you can pay off your bills), gym (so you can rejuvenate/recharge yourself) and want to have a social life too. without a license you are pretty much the same as a disabled person or actually worse because they get someone to take care of them. one more thing i would like to add here is that i DO NOT drink, i am a finance graduate and work at one of the largest utility companies in australia. but as soon as people know you r on a suspended license they link all the bad attributes to you personality. their perception is that this guy is a criminal. i mean i know i made a mistake. i paid almost $1500 for it and i still cannot have a life. i dont know how fair this is??? the court should take into consideration all aspects before they bann you from driving.

when i first got caught speeding that was a moment of madness, i was an immature 21 year old then, had bought a brand new xr6 with my own money and just felt like the king of the world. i know i made a BIG mistake and i made the roads unsafe for other road users, i was genuinly sorry to the whole community as soon as i realised this. I got the punishment. a massive fine and a one year suspension too. i learnt from that mistake and never exceeded the speed limits after that incident. but i still dont understand to what extent is that one year suspension fair???? i mean i made a mistake. paid heavy fines. learnt from it and now that when i want to live a normal life i simply cant. the law is indirectly telling me that i just have to stay at home and have no life.

my advice to you is perhaps just write an apology letter to the court before your hearing. explain to the judge confidently in your hearing how this can impact your normal life and you wont be able to make a contribution to the society and the economy. if you can afford to get a lawyer then get a lawyer too. good luck with it all.

you sir are a tool

you sir are a tool

Dont be so harsh yet, i think if we give him enough rope he will eventually tell us that he should not have been booked for doing 180 coz it was a freeway.....

Edited by W0rp3D

Never knew there were so many millionaires on SAU...I mean really...you have would have to be a millionaire to consider driving without a license...Unlicensed EQUALS uninsured...

or maybe you just dont give a toss about any poor person you injure when you are driving unlicensed and you are happy for them suffer the stress of taking you to court which, with your already demonstrated lack of responsibility, would be an exercise in futility anyway....

I can't believe these guys are being so open about driving unlicensed ...no f**king shame!!!!

Never knew there were so many millionaires on SAU...I mean really...you have would have to be a millionaire to consider driving without a license...Unlicensed EQUALS uninsured...

or maybe you just dont give a toss about any poor person you injure when you are driving unlicensed and you are happy for them suffer the stress of taking you to court which, with your already demonstrated lack of responsibility, would be an exercise in futility anyway....

I can't believe these guys are being so open about driving unlicensed ...no f**king shame!!!!

are you an idiot???

If you drive a car and have an accident YOU are covered by tac (in vic anyway) for personal injury, if the other person in the accident is not licensed then you are still covered but they are not, and of course since getting insurance, even 3rd party, is not compulsory how many people do you think are out there with a license that do not have any insurance, if the only thing you can think to get on your soap box about is the fact they dont have insurance then your voice is mute, because obviously you have full comp and have a perfect driving record which means your policy has something like a no claim bonus, but from the way your talking you have no insurance and are relying on the other person to have it.

are you an idiot???

If you drive a car and have an accident YOU are covered by tac (in vic anyway) for personal injury, if the other person in the accident is not licensed then you are still covered but they are not, and of course since getting insurance, even 3rd party, is not compulsory how many people do you think are out there with a license that do not have any insurance, if the only thing you can think to get on your soap box about is the fact they dont have insurance then your voice is mute, because obviously you have full comp and have a perfect driving record which means your policy has something like a no claim bonus, but from the way your talking you have no insurance and are relying on the other person to have it.

I am not the idiot...So quickly you resort to simple insults...

Anyway I don't have anything else to say...my opinion on unlicensed drivers should be clear to you..it is based on experience...you are inconsiderate, shelfish and I have no time for you at all....

I am not the idiot...So quickly you resort to simple insults...

Anyway I don't have anything else to say...my opinion on unlicensed drivers should be clear to you..it is based on experience...you are inconsiderate, shelfish and I have no time for you at all....

So your view is not just about people with no license its about anyone that does not have insurance?

People people, tac will then attempt to recover the costs from the unlicenced driver.

Bergijjity.

Im just sick of people claiming that the whole reason you should not drive is because of insurance and then having to sue the unlicensed driver blah blah blah.

The only thing you should be sueing the other driver for is your excess as your insurance and tac should cover everything else if they do what they are paid to.

True Brett, but the tac will sue your ass to reclaim the costs.

But yeah the people you hit wont be left without medical ect..

EDIT, hitting a pedestrian or say damaging public/private property might be a bit messier.

Edited by madbung

Well i have already served 7 months of suspension. Plus i have paid such a heavy fine. Besides all I am trying to say is that there has to be a way for me to prove to them that I am seriously sorry and have learnt my lesson. Unfortunately these offences are all classed under strict offences and they dont look at the other positive things assosciated with your personality. whatever is written in the books they go just by that....

anyhow whats done is done now i guess. I am going to consult a lawyer and see what they say??

can i just ask you something though, how long did you lose your license for? and how did you manage? the least that you want to be able to do is drive to the train station and to the gym atleast....

nolicense nolife: I think you were very lucky just to be disqualified for 12 months for your offence seeing that 45km/h over is 12 months suspension and you were almost double that. I would expect another 6-12 months suspenion/disqualification for you for driving whilst disqualified. You get caught again and it's automatic Jail sentence. Is that worth the risk to drive to gym?

Well i have already served 7 months of suspension. Plus i have paid such a heavy fine. Besides all I am trying to say is that there has to be a way for me to prove to them that I am seriously sorry and have learnt my lesson. Unfortunately these offences are all classed under strict offences and they dont look at the other positive things assosciated with your personality. whatever is written in the books they go just by that....

There is a way to do that, do your time and don't reoffend..especially while you're still suspended.

"Besides all I am trying to say is that there has to be a way for me to prove to them that I am seriously sorry and have learnt my lesson." Lol it sounds like a naughty boy asking if he can come out of his room after being told off, I'm sorry but it is funny.

anyhow whats done is done now i guess. I am going to consult a lawyer and see what they say??

can i just ask you something though, how long did you lose your license for? and how did you manage? the least that you want to be able to do is drive to the train station and to the gym atleast....

Please let me know when you go to court, i want to be there when you stand up in front of a judge and say "im over not having a license and i want it back now cos i cant get to the gym".....

well at least try and turn a negative into a positive. I lost my licence back in 92 for the 3 months. Yep I had to catch the train and get up an hour ( or more )earlier. Managed to save a lot of cash and when I finally did get my licence back, I was a whole lot smarter for it. My driving habits changed, started driving a whole lot slower. No more single wheelers on a wet road etc.. The painful sacrifice of losing my favourite hobby being driving changed my ways...i hope it changes yours

ive still got 4 months left without my licence,its not that bad if your a p plater,just drink heaps,spend some $$$ on the skyline,everyones happy haha (until your mates go on a cruze without you)

Edited by boo5tr