SAU Community

Skyline Drivers Losers?

it tends to depend on the state of the car... i tend to find that (in my area at least) its generally the more highly modded lines that give me a wave

100% agree.

i always get a confused stare :banana: from the stocker drivers.

maybe its because the more modded cars are part of this site?, and understand what the waves are all about..

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of you guys need to stop being so sensitive.

It may come as a surprise, but not everyone who buys a "insert car" wants to be apart of a car gang based on the car they drive. Some of these blokes might think your actually trying to crack onto to them or something.

Spot on, especially people in stockers.

There is quite a big population of people out there with "insert car" that don't even realise there is a community of enthusiasts, and especially online at that. These guys may have just saw our cars on the net somewhere and liked it so they went out and bought one but it's just a car to them. And especially with Skylines being the new VLs it's not hard to believe. It's just a car that gets them from A to B and having a random wave at them must be wierd.

100% agree.

i always get a confused stare :banana: from the stocker drivers.

maybe its because the more modded cars are part of this site?, and understand what the waves are all about..

Thats a gooid point, most of the ones around my area are complete stockers.

And especially with Skylines being the new VLs

I would rather skylines be called the next volvo than the next vl, i hate vl's with a passion!!!!!!

You know it's true. VLs, Skylines, XR6T, same same. :blush:

Well im a ford fan at heart so i can cop that but i will NEVER associate a vl with an R33, that would be like thinking about going down on my mum, DISGUSTING.

They are not the marque car some like to think they are.

I'm not bagging out your emotional attachment or the car itself either. Its just a fact.

PS. I have owned both an R33GTSt and FD RX7.

I'm telling you now, the Rotary crowd and FD Crowd specifically are a million times more community based around the marque (and no... I dont considar the FD some special supercar better then your GTR's). I have found the Skyline Crowd more based on the Social Scene then anything.

How many of the first 100 members of SAU still have Skylines ???? Food for thought.... I can think of 5 or 6 straight away that don't.

to some people... and i know this will be a shock.

its just a car....they dont care....and its like seeing another whatever onthe road.....

not my view just something i became aware of after talking to another owner who didnt care it was just an old cheap nissan beater as far as he was concerned.

si.

Hahahahahahaha...

I was trying to be nice, of course FD's are better then Skylines.

umm so why do you still post and look on this forum if you are not interested in Skylines Note: SKYLINESAUSTRALIA.com.au LOL

I know everyone appreciates a car for what it is and how it makes you feel, i have driven a range of cars and for me the skylines/GTRs

have always felt good.. STI (hate the sound of the motor can't mod without spending big money) RX7 (hate mowing the lawn, sound like a brush cutter...) Supra (great cars but they all look the same be it 2003 or 1993) Holden and Ford (great utes, good family cars but lose value something shocking)

If we could make all the dickheads who want to do burnouts, street race and pretend to drift go away then we would all look better for it and maybe we could have crusies again without people thinking its one big race.. You find we could then all wave as much as we wanted.

P.S. What other car that is still produced has been called iconic, every one wants a piece of the pie.

Also went for a drive the other day and when i was coming home on the highway i passed another R34 in black as he took the exit he gave as a wave and we waved back.. I find that most of the R34 drivers give us a wave but thats about it, don't know if it is because its the same car and not 2 common around hear or just frendly people (except for the lady in the 4 door that lives in my estate.. lol B*#%H)

Edited by 99 GTT

umm so why do you still post and look on this forum if you are not interested in Skylines Note: SKYLINESAUSTRALIA.com.au LOL

Why can't you be on here if you don't have Skyline? Who says he isn't interested in Skylines still?

Just because someone has moved on doesn't mean they are no longer interested.

And truth is, Skylines aren't the best cars ever manufactured in the world - this may be a bit hard to comprehend for everyone on here though, being a Skyline forum and all.

(No I don't think my car is better/the best either, I'm just a car enthusiast that appreciates all different sorts of cars)

Edited by ToF

Why can't you be on here if you don't have Skyline? Who says he isn't interested in Skylines still?

Just because someone has moved on doesn't mean they are no longer interested.

And truth is, Skylines aren't the best cars ever manufactured in the world - this may be a bit hard to comprehend for everyone on here though, being a Skyline forum and all.

(No I don't think my car is better/the best either, I'm just a car enthusiast that appreciates all different sorts of cars)

This man speaks the truth.

I wave at as many skyline drivers as I can. I see nice ones all the time, they are everywhere. so I try to chuck out a wave or a thumbs up where ever I can, but most of the time, I get nothing back. so I am almost gonna give up. lol.

I saw this really like 32 drift car in a trailer last night and i was doing the thumbs up for about a whole 20 seconds right infront of him, and nothing. I dont think its a purpose arrogance.. Usually its a confusion thing, like. who is that person and are they waving at me?? Some people feel obligated to wave back. But I guess I just hand them out.

Sometimes I go driving to look for other skylines, and I get really happy even if all I get is a glance. I dont expect much.

If you want a reaction, you have to use the middle finger.

FWIW People used to wave to one enother just if they owned an import. I remember getting waves from S13s, Celica GT4's etc and then having them follow me to have a chat about who imported it, what you've done to it etc...

Then the import scene grew big enough for its own seperate Skyline enthusiast scene.

Now thanks to the hard work of the enthusiasts the Skyline can be owned by practically anyone, parts are available everywhere, there is alot of knowledge of the car. You dont have to be an enthusiast to own one, and they're practically everywhere. Its only normal that people who are less appreciative of the car will own them and be less interested in the scene.

Edited by MintR33

Wankers are everywhere, it has nothing to do with what car they drive.

You just notice it more when you both own the same car... same as when i bought my GTST a few years ago i didn't notice how many there were... until i bought one haha

But generally if they seem to be ok and it is a nice tidy GTST/GTR i don't mind giving them a nod or a wave to say nice ride

Now thanks to the hard work of the enthusiasts the Skyline can be owned by practically anyone, parts are available everywhere, there is alot of knowledge of the car. You dont have to be an enthusiast to own one, and they're practically everywhere. Its only normal that people who are less appreciative of the car will own them and be less interested in the scene.

Im sure a lot of mechanics would love it if SAU was taken down, the amount of knowledge on this site is huge, i know my wallet would have been emptied a couple of times without the knowledge from this site.

thanks weapon!!!, all i was trying to say is we r not all soft cocks but act like a man, show respect wave or nod or just

F#$kin look who cares, dont just be one of those typical young poofs thinking they now have the best or fastest car and race everything that roles. have your own views which you are entitled to, that are good and valid points! grow up, enjoy the enthusiest

scene and have fun without destroying anymore of our already damaged image!!

(directed at typical hoon genre and anyone fitting this topic)