SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

lol i had a rather odd volvo moment the other night.

Driving home from my mates place pull up next to a volvo 850 sedan and noticed it had an exhaust and i was like "wtf?"

anyways he proceeded to try to have a go at me.......needless to say he was left sniffing my rb fumes lol

have to say that is a first for me in any car i've had, that is a volvo trying to race me haha

bloody volvo drivers :D

People call mine a hearse before they call it a volvo, so that name kinda stuck.

I was driving through town once and when I pulled up to an intersection I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a Volvo 850 wagon, in silky snow white (or whatever Volvo's equivalent is), with tinted windows and mag wheels coming the opposite direction. It was like looking into one of those mirrors at a carnival!

Edited by mr_infamy

almost every servo attendant has asked about it there first time they have served me, and you get people staring in traffic :S

Yeah mine used to get all kinds of stares, pointers and curious Georges at the servo, busy servos used to be an absolute hoot because everyone would stare as it came in. The attendants were no better either. Most of them didn't ask if it was a Volvo they either looked at it and said "awesome car mate" or "what is it?"

Dad used to bait his mates into thinking it was a Volvo too. :3some:

I had a Volvo cross-country pull up next to me one day - do you think that the driver (who was wearing a hat) could get the puzzled look off of his face?

The volvo comments are staring to thin-out a bit as Stageas becomes more common on the road, but there's always someone who doesn't have a clue out there...

I actually don't mind the odd stare, as I figured if I was gonna buy something different, I might as well go the whole hog! Usually, the only person who refers to my car as a Volvo is Duncan, who refers to his car the same way. :3some:

i know i couldnt believe when i got to my place, i was like "oh my god, you've got to be kidding me, probably the only bright yellow volvo wagon in cairns, and i've parked right next to it lol"

the chick who owns came out and was like "awwww janice has got herself a nice young stud now" (janice being the name of her car)

I actually don't mind the odd stare, as I figured if I was gonna buy something different, I might as well go the whole hog!

Exactly. These cars are really distincive. you can tell one from a hundred metres away.

i used the volvo remark in my favour the other day... i got pulled over for a rbt and accused of speeding (i might have wandered to 85-90 ks in an 80 zone but not 120 which he claimed)... after my breath test he asked me what type of car i was driving... i said it was a nissan station wagon, the cop asked if it was imported... i said yes and continued to tell him that my car was the volvo equivalent in japan because volvos arent allowed in japan... he seemed quite interested and said he didnt know that volvos weren't allowed to be driven in japan and sent me on my way... it was really hard to keep the laughter in but i managed

Hey Jason, I am the "crappy old man" who has a Stag. I'm the real 66yo, actually 70 next year. LOL. Got a Stereo and boost control. In the family ATM

are an S1, 300hp S13 Drifter, similar 180SX, two Patrols for towing drifters, a Pulsar and two MR30 sedans.

When I first got the S1, so many uneducated types labeled it a "Volvo" that I got some silver tape and black tape and put a Volvo stripe on the grill. That really confused the Swedes. There is a pic of it somewhere back in 06, with a load of bugs on the front. Ska commented on it att.

Now I have an NA grille and the old RS Four badge is fixed under the P/s headlight. Now people think it's an Audi!

Hey, My wife who is a very good artist, we have a Gallery on Mt Tamborine. Anyway, today a "hoity toit" said about a particular art work, "Oh it has been hanging out side and will be affected by fumes"

You guessed it, Bloody Volvo driver.

Incidently have you ever noticed how easy it is to type Stagea? All the letters are nicely grouped fon the L/H side of the keyboard. Volvo is all over the place like a mad woman's breakfast.

Hey, My wife who is a very good artist, we have a Gallery on Mt Tamborine. Anyway, today a "hoity toit" said about a particular art work, "Oh it has been hanging out side and will be affected by fumes"

You guessed it, Bloody Volvo driver.

Incidently have you ever noticed how easy it is to type Stagea? All the letters are nicely grouped fon the L/H side of the keyboard. Volvo is all over the place like a mad woman's breakfast.

STAGEA.. i didnt have to even move my hand... hehe