SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

id rather own a v35 than a merc ill tell u that with all the shit that goes wrong with them

Pretty sure he's saying the same thing... he'd rather own a V35 than a Merc, because of all the issues with Mercs?

BMWs are the same. As soon as they're out of warranty electrics start to fail.

Yeh except for the fact both marco and myself work for mercedes I see all the problems from repos, he sees all the problems from mechanic lol

And generally the problems I see get sent to him to be fixed lol

Edited by Sunkist

• 5 weeks later...

Dont worry i get the following from people:

Servo - "bowser number 8, the white maxima?"

Police - "hey sarge come look at this maxima it has a screen in asian writing"

Valet - "sorry we can find your skyline anywhere, the only white sedan is a maxima with the plates BM32XP"

I dont know what would be worse a volvo or a maxima

Got a few looks and questions today at Frankston Nissan. Turns out one of their technicians bought an NM35 earlier this year and lurks here.

Didn't have time to see his car unfortunately (and vice versa) but would be interested.

If you do happen to read this, grab a username and log in!

I know haters are gonna hate, and people will probably give me crap for this, but my partner works for Volvo and I thought it would be funny to slap a Volvo sticker on the back of my car :P

I've already had a few people in traffic point and laugh at it :P

imag6457.jpg

Also decided to rip off all the stickers besides the big stagea sticker, which now is annoying me because it's not in the middle... so when I can be bothered I'll put another one on in the center :P

imag6432.jpg

Go Volvo!! I mean, Go Stagea!!!! :P

I know haters are gonna hate, and people will probably give me crap for this, but my partner works for Volvo and I thought it would be funny to slap a Volvo sticker on the back of my car :P

I've already had a few people in traffic point and laugh at it :P

imag6457.jpg

Also decided to rip off all the stickers besides the big stagea sticker, which now is annoying me because it's not in the middle... so when I can be bothered I'll put another one on in the center :P

imag6432.jpg

Go Volvo!! I mean, Go Stagea!!!! :P

Awesome.. Love the volvo badge..

• 1 month later...

leaving the Bathurst 1000 today, group of guys yelled out "Go the Volvo" haha, i just smiled and waved.. Silly people.

Then once arriving back in sydney 2 P platers one driving a non turbo R34 were drag racing from each set of lights. Decided to give them a scare and take off behind them to make them think i was a cop. They obviously got a bit of a shock when they couldn't loose the wagon. They slowed right down to read the badge and see what type of car it was then took off. Was hoping for a cop to come round the corner and pull them over, But no luck this time.

Recently received a ticket in the mail:

Number plate: *** *** Make: Lexus.... WHAT THE PUCK?!?!

When pulled over for a RBT:

Officer: What car is this?

Me: It's a Nissan

Officer: You sure? Your Lexus badge looks crooked.

I JUST SAID THAT IT'S A NISSAN!!!

Got a heap more of those stories. But it is the only Maxima with a SAU QLD sticker on it in the club. :)

Pretty sure he's saying the same thing... he'd rather own a V35 than a Merc, because of all the issues with Mercs?

BMWs are the same. As soon as they're out of warranty electrics start to fail.

I used to work in carsales at a large dealership with 10+ brands on the one site, became good friends with the service dept manager & he said the brand with the most mechanical/electrical issues he'd get in were the volkswagens, bear in mind this dealership also has chrysler/dodge

• 1 month later...

A guy at work the other day asked me what model Suzuki my car was. He said "it must be one of those hotted-up ones because it looks so different to all the rest"

uh... that's because it's not a Suzuki :wacko:

I've had it called a Volvo quite a few times but this was a first! Apparently the double unicorn badge looked like the S on Suzuki's to him