SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

• 3 weeks later...

Group of Corvette owners out the front of my Art Gallery on the Walk. Was admiring the Chevs and one guy asked me if the S1 was a Volvo.

"Wash your mouth out"

Group of Corvette owners out the front of my Art Gallery on the Walk. Was admiring the Chevs and one guy asked me if the S1 was a Volvo.

"Wash your mouth out"

Should have asked him what size VW motor was in his kit car. :woot:

• 1 month later...

I literally got a "nice volvo mate" comment last weekend. Definite face-palm moment but I immediately thought of this thread. :/

LOL, I was looking at this thread just last night and noticed that there hadn't been any activity in it for ages, then you post in here! :blink::merli:

• Like 1

Had a couple in the last few days.

My brothers, mates, dad to my dad -> "bit odd of Nick to buy a Volvo, looks nice though..."

Told a mate loading some stuff into his sedan that he needed a wagon... he goes "yeah well I saw your volvo down there, a bit jealous of the boot space"

Same guy as above today after looking at the car a bit closer "ahh its not a volvo its a skyline..." I just laughed haha

Edited by NickM91

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my c34 yesterday and on the way home on the highway a couple of guys in a volvo 850 were checking out the stag as they went past... maybe thought they made the wrong decision over which wagon to buy :P

• Like 1

Went for my bike license on the weekend, c34 in the car park, instructor starts telling us what to look out for? Then says hate to say it but I use to always look out for, opens the blinds and says who drives the Volvo? I was not impressed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gents (and Ladies, if there are any on the Internet), I have sobering news. The M35 has been decreed a van by my son's primary school teacher - "Will you be bringing the van along again?" she asked recently when arranging a school trip.

She's American though so her taste in vehicles is suspect anyway.

As you were.

• 1 month later...

On our Stagea cruise the other day, when we sat down for lunch at Trackside I just happened to run into my uncle and ended up seated with my back to him. Had a quick chat to him and found out he was the new owner of the bright red Mercedes A200 parked out the front of the restaurant.

He asked me what I was driving, and if it was still the car I'd been spending money doing up (I haven't seen him in a few years). I said yep; he asked which car it was; I pointed it out; and he says "What, the Volvo?"

On our Stagea cruise the other day, when we sat down for lunch at Trackside I just happened to run into my uncle and ended up seated with my back to him. Had a quick chat to him and found out he was the new owner of the bright red Mercedes A200 parked out the front of the restaurant.

He asked me what I was driving, and if it was still the car I'd been spending money doing up (I haven't seen him in a few years). I said yep; he asked which car it was; I pointed it out; and he says "What, the Volvo?"

Bahahaha!

Jeez I hate having to punch relatives, what about you Nick?