• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Paramour

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Just picked up a set of steelies for my Datto and as we are standing under the guys carport talking crap about cars for about 15 minutes looking out at the rain and my Stagea parked out the front, he just goes in a serious voice, "Is that a Volvo?". Priceless!

Lady at servo tonight: "What is your car?"

Me: "What does it look like?" Expecting Volvo answer.

Lady "I don't know. Commodore?"

Me: :huh:

Dropped in a Resume at a Holden dealership, shirt untucked itself as I got out of the car so in front of the door I've retucked myself. Already had a chat with the person I needed to speak with, and was already on decent terms. He saw and joked saying the car was too low. I mentioned it was from the seats being quite buckety and having a low seating position. Mentioned that they were R35 GTR seats and the reaction from one of the other sales guys in the room was priceless.

Exact wording cant be said on here without it being censored but it went along the lines of why would you put GTR buckets in a bloody volvo?

• Like 1

Dropped in a Resume at a Holden dealership, shirt untucked itself as I got out of the car so in front of the door I've retucked myself. Already had a chat with the person I needed to speak with, and was already on decent terms. He saw and joked saying the car was too low. I mentioned it was from the seats being quite buckety and having a low seating position. Mentioned that they were R35 GTR seats and the reaction from one of the other sales guys in the room was priceless.

Exact wording cant be said on here without it being censored but it went along the lines of why would you put GTR buckets in a bloody volvo?

That's gold!

Went to grab lunch, on the way back into the carpark at work dropped a nice fat dose.

Sitting there after work knocking back a cold one and one of the other guys comes up "Jeez, that Volvo of yours runs some decent boost aye?"

Yes. Yes it does.

• Like 2

Anyone ever considered snapping off the Nissan badges and sticking this on front and back ?

Cops won't bother pulling you over  :)

s-l1600.jpg

4 hours ago, conan7772 said:

Anyone ever considered snapping off the Nissan badges and sticking this on front and back ?

Cops won't bother pulling you over  :)

s-l1600.jpg

LOL, that's been done quite a few times.  I've also personally seen an M35 with a BMW roundel badge.

So I finally bidded goodbye to my Stagea....8 years of fun but it was time to get a new (or newer) car....traded it in and gone to the "dark side" picked up a Skyline Crossover.

My mate was spewing as I could have parted it out but I couldn't have a car sitting at home in bits as space is pretty tight at the moment.

Before I handed it in, I did take it for one last spirited drive...

From one cruiser car to another

Had mine at a local exhaust shop yesterday getting new exhaust fitted. One of the guys there thought it was a Suzuki. as they were trying to work out what it was.

"So that's your Volvo out front?" Nah mate it's a Nissan. "You look like a Volvo driver, and it looks like a Volvo"

On 08/10/2016 at 5:03 PM, D-750 said:

"So that's your Volvo out front?" Nah mate it's a Nissan. "You look like a Volvo driver, and it looks like a Volvo"

What is that supposed to mean? "You look like a Volvo driver" ?? hah

Was going to get a Stagea hoodie but............

hedrivesavolvo.jpg

I have a few Volvo enthusiast friends and love the banter so I got prancing moose stickers

prancingmoose.JPG

• Like 2

So yesterday I was at a car event and I signed up for the Burnout Competition. The look on everybody's faces when they saw the Stagea, as if it was nothing they'd ever seen before was priceless!. At one point the announcer was all like "Well this is quite an unusual car to see. Looks like a Korean Volvo or something".... I just shook my head and proceeded to destroy my tires (I brought my old set along to burn off, don't worry :) )

• Like 2