SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

over at the gf's house the other day, her older brother and i (he's owned a godzilla and 33 gtst) are out lookin at my car, as he wanted to check out my engine bay and what i've done to it.

Next thing the old guy (bout 40 odd) comes across the road...

"how you going fellas? gees this is a bloody nice wagon hey"

"what is it?"

"its a stagea, all skyline running gear etc etc etc.."

"oh awesome, i really like it aye, you dont see any really good looking wagons getting around these days but this one is bloody great,"

"yeh most ppl think its a volvo"

"well i kinda thought it was, but it didnt look like it from the front tho, Anyways mate yeh i just thought i'd tell ya what a nice car ya got there"

"thanks mate"

KInda nice that some ppl can appreciate a nice car (even tho they got a beaten up old xf/xd falcon sedan in their driveway) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Today ,a truck was waiting to deliver a container at the place where I work,I told the driver that I need to move my car because it was in front of the gate...when he came closer he asked "is that one ,one of the turbo nissan wagons...I read about them in Unique cars"...cool we have a UNIQUE CAR....

my all time favorite is a dad and his two son's, all with mullets crossing the road, i had windows down, heard the littlest one go "dad it looks like a skyline" then the dad- "looks like a bloody volvo wagon"

i bashed limiter as i left haha

also at my old place the lady accross the road and her son used to always say how i had a beautiful car, it doesnt even have a dayz bar!

Since I started reading this thread, I'm seeing more and more Volvo wagons!

Some similarities but I'm going to do the right thing and buy myself some Volvo T-Shirts and Polo's for when I'm driving my new Stagea, maybe even a cap.

Go Team Volvo!!

• Like 1

I was driving through surfers one night in lots traffic. As I approached guy 1 points and said something (was too far away to hear) as I stopped just short of them his mate said "no its a Volvo"

1st guy "nah it's got a skyline front"

they went back and forwards with comments of what it was followed by "nah it can't be it's got a...".

After a while the 1st cguy came back to "gotta be some sort of skyline"

his mate "WOW a skyline wagon" as I drove away.

Another I was driving back through Muswelbrook in NSW. Mum and a couple kids walking along. The daughter about 14 picked it up about 70m away literally stopped, big jaw drop and rubbernecked while I went past and throught the next round-a-bout. Meanwhile mum and the rest had kept walking.

Went to the Galleria shopping centre today and was reverse parking and as i was doing so i spotted some guy with his chin almost on the ground. Got out the car to go into the shops and he asks "excuse me mate, what kind of car is that?" i replied blah blah blah stagea blah blah blah etc. Talked to him for about 5-10mins, NEVER in my life have a seen someone so confused and amazed at the site of my car. My stepdad and i found it hilarious.

at the bikeshop yesterday chatting away, leaving, yokel says how great his VS wagon his, lol'd a bit, said nuh-uh and pointed.

next 10mins he was all over and in the stag. says he's keen after I explained a few things. much lols to be had.

yeah that would be right get the commy bogans into stageas .......ya might as well i spose there a poor mans volvo anyway

:-) gday mate how ya been lol

HOW DARE YOU!

They are a smart man's Volvo, some of us paid a lot of money for our Stag's!

:D

(And yes, I do also drive a Commodore wagon, only beacaue the State Government doesn't have anything decent on their fleet list... Let me tell you, I'd much rather be in the RSFV than the VZ wagon; any day of the week!)

I had a function to attend a while ago, and I was late, so had to take the first park I could find: Turned out it was next to a Volvo 850 wagon in white (my Stag is white)... Not too sure if anyone noticed or anything, but I found the comparison quite interesting: shape of rear hatch, rake of windscreen etc: the stagea, while bigger, is a lot more streamlined-looking than a Volvo 850: looks a heap more raked, etc... I just found it interesting is all...

Since I started reading this thread, I'm seeing more and more Volvo wagons!

Some similarities but I'm going to do the right thing and buy myself some Volvo T-Shirts and Polo's for when I'm driving my new Stagea, maybe even a cap.

Go Team Volvo!!

Yeah, I'm noticing them around heaps more too - 245/265s, 745s, 850s especially!

i'd own one...

You've gotta admit, that thing sounds awesome!

My Staj was mistaken for a honda oddyssey today... <insert hysteric crying here>... i'm not sure i've ever heard such an insulting thing said... ever?! automatic gearbox or no automatic gearbox... i gave it some boot out of the carpark!

Took my car to a mechanic i trust the other day for some help fixing the high idle issue. As it has a bitch of a clutch much revving was needed to get it onto the hoist. This drew around 4 more people over to the car asking WTF is that? How can a volvo sound like that?

Trying to explain to the bogans what it is was so funny. Yes its fast, yes its a wagon, yes it has the motor and driveline in you wanted banned when it kept beating you.

8000rpm down the road for a test quickly shut them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what I saw this morning . . . . . No it was not a Silver Unicorn....LOL

A Gold Stagea ARX. . . .yeah so what you say but guess what it had on it. . .

It had a BMW badge on the front Grill. . . . What the Fark. . .

I guess it would seem funny to the owner and it is a bit. . . . Maybe we should start confusing people by putting Volvo badges on. he he he he

"For sale, 2002 Volvo Stagea 4WD Turbo. . Best Vovlo made to date"

Last night...

Parked out the front of Autobarn and was walking past to a different store when one Autobarn employee ran out and called to his mate "Hey! Check out the Stagea!!

I called back "Yeah, it's mine" and answered a couple of questions (How quick is it? What have you done to it? Bet it bloody goes, ay? etc) before leaving them to go back into the other store.

After that I went into Autobarn and was promptly doted on like a King. :D

Edited by iamhe77

Guess what I saw this morning . . . . . No it was not a Silver Unicorn....LOL

A Gold Stagea ARX. . . .yeah so what you say but guess what it had on it. . .

It had a BMW badge on the front Grill. . . . What the Fark. . .

I guess it would seem funny to the owner and it is a bit. . . . Maybe we should start confusing people by putting Volvo badges on. he he he he

"For sale, 2002 Volvo Stagea 4WD Turbo. . Best Vovlo made to date"

How silly can you be...that's just degrading...there is a guy around my area driving around in a lancer with a evo 7 bodykit...but has a nismo sticker on the back window and the old school 80's style nismo sticker on the door...go figure