SAU Community

Land Based Fishing Spots In Vic

Mohsen

thanks johnny.

i might go out sunday and give it a shot.

how hard are those kings to get? do you need to be patient? any particular time?

i can sit there all day and wait. but my uncle, dad and grandpa cant LOL.

ferrah, i love lorne!

we caught some salmon up there last week

i just got back from st kilda, very windy but i landed my first pinky :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks johnny.

i might go out sunday and give it a shot.

how hard are those kings to get? do you need to be patient? any particular time?

i can sit there all day and wait. but my uncle, dad and grandpa cant LOL.

ferrah, i love lorne!

we caught some salmon up there last week

i just got back from st kilda, very windy but i landed my first pinky :D

Npz man, either way i know you'll have a great and relaxing time! ps there are alot of chicks walking around in bikinis so you have some eye candy to check out.

kings are out afternoon and i guess at night too.

ohhh i hope you bring a squid jig as its very exciting seeing them!!!

Npz man, either way i know you'll have a great and relaxing time! ps there are alot of chicks walking around in bikinis so you have some eye candy to check out.

kings are out afternoon and i guess at night too.

ohhh i hope you bring a squid jig as its very exciting seeing them!!!

WIN! :D

im really keen to catch a king now!

would any other live bait work? im guessing a popper would work too as it does the flailing/dying fish splashing on the water

ash, i recomend gettin back into it. nothing like having that reel scream while you scramble to grab it LOL

im gona try johnny's spot if the weathers good :P

have you fished lorne pier? theres some massive fish there. one time, i hooked onto a little salmon and out of nowhere a 45cm long barracuda just nailed it.

was hard for an 8 year old kid to reel in but ill never forget it

okzzz i just came back from schnapper point. awesome spot... nice wimmenz :down:

BUT!

no even a bite!

it was dead quiet the most iv'e seen caught was just a couple of trev's

i caught a star fish tho....

i eventually got so fed up that i put a jig head on a big ass hook to try and jig for the kingfish..

nothing :D

okzzz i just came back from schnapper point. awesome spot... nice wimmenz :(

BUT!

no even a bite!

it was dead quiet the most iv'e seen caught was just a couple of trev's

i caught a star fish tho....

i eventually got so fed up that i put a jig head on a big ass hook to try and jig for the kingfish..

nothing :happy:

Sorry to hear mate, thats fishing ey.......oh and snapper season has been over for a while now.

they have plenty of charters there, nmight do that asap as they know the good spots

lolzzzzz i know the fed up feeling

i went home and went to sleep lol.. best part of the day

yeah i know snapper seasons over but theres still some big ones around

i asked a local if this is a good spot

he said he usually would of caught 10 salmon in an hour or two.. another said he's been reguarly busted off by massive kingfish

so maybe next time..

• 4 weeks later...

Anymore hotspots guys :) I know its a old post but saves me from typing up another one :)

I've tried under the west gate Williamstown side last week. Caught about 3 brim off shrimps but you cant eat the fish from there I've heard, but not worth it lol. Don't think theres anything decent there.

Also tried Werribee South off the boat pier not even a bite.

Also tired schnapper point caught a little banjo.

Best luck we've had so far is in rye off the boat thou. Caught about 10 flatheads and about 5 banjo's in about 1 hour. Good fun.

Also barwon heads off the beach caught a few small whiting. Nothing to brag about :) ....

Please someone guide me to a good spot cause im sick of catching nothing lol.... Also what bait you used would be great......

Saltwater/ Freshwater doesnt bother me.

Cheers!!! :D

I used to go fishing to Colac back when it was more then just a puddle,

It was good catching eels and big carp there, used to be up all night catching them cause they would bite like crazy durring the night

There would be other people there fishing for eels as well and all through the night it will just be the sound of constant reeling of the fish

now that it dried up a lot, i haven't been fishing for 2 years or so

what are you guys catching?

im yet to catch a pinky/snapper from land =/

might head up to elwood on firday or saturday and spend an all nighter there.

my uncle got a 1.5kg pinky off the rocks and surf

i used to go fiching heaps.

one of my fave spots was the pier in corio bay

cought many pinkies there

• 10 months later...

Where's good to fish on great ocean rd? Trying to decide between Warrnambool surf fishing vs Port Campbell, Apollo bay or Lorne pier fishing. Some estuaries are also good along GOR? I'm lazy so I like lure fishing - can't be assed buying bait and keeping it fresh. What do people recommend? I've heard raiders are good for aussie salmon. I really don't mind what I catch, as long as it's edible. Thanks.

forgot what beach but theres a beach on the GOR, where the river meets the ocean and it only meets at high tide

catch small salmon there and keep them alive in a bucket. when its dark. hook then thru the jaw or tail and throw them back into the water. loose drag, rod holder and WAIT.. should be able to snag a smallish shark or mulloway

This sounds weird but in Docklands you can catch some pinkies and garfish with surprising consistency. Very weird considering its basically in the middle of the CBD but honestly have a go.

Otherwise I found the nameless creeks and rivers in diamond creek/warrandyte area are very good for eel fishing in the middle of the night from 12 to 5am.

Only problem is that you have to walk through some light bush to get to the river most of the time (no more than 100m off the "track") and at night it can get very Blair Witch project so I dont usually go unless i have a group of at least 5 hahahahaha

bait for eels - go to safeway and buy the nastiest most revolting dog food (the ones in the freezer) you can find. The eels love it. Wear gloves.