SAU Community

Rb25/30 Rb30det Vvt Internal Oil Control

psi

Wow, that's great. I thought about the same theory when I did my RB30, but I didn't dare pull that plug out for fear I'd never be able to find something to go back in there. Very good idea!!

• 4 weeks later...
anybody else doing this mod?

im going to give it ago just wondering if there are any others out there who went with this method.

I did it after reading this post. Worked great! Plus, I got rid of my oil leak from the external oil fitting in the head. I had the hole in the head welded shut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The blue circle is the oil return port for the VVT.

The oil comes into there from the VVT valve and this port allows the oil to return to the head and drain away.

does that clear that up for you?

I pulled it out just to see what was in there! There is nothing that I can see in there that would/could be of any other use!

(but I did have to check! hahaahaa) Anyway, DONT pull it out unless you need to.. and I cant see why you would need to..

• 2 weeks later...

yea mate.. That explains it very well!

Now you have seen it... how easy is that to do?

Cheers for the pic, I didn't think to do the pic like that..!

Good one.

If you click on my pics of the plugs, its easy to see where I drilled the holes.

Now with the new pics above ^^, that should remove all guess work of how it works.

cheers

Feel free to take more pics and post them up..

I tried to give as much info as I could, so, you should be able to do the job without too much bother.

be kind to the plug when removing it.. you dont want to break it in half! or drill too deep!

happy modding mate!

Read the WHOLE thread again! check out post #4.

I put some colour on the bit that you need to look at!

Damn what was I looking at??? But in the pic you can see that mine has some sort of ballbearing on the outside, is the plug behind that? Would I need to drill into the ball and then somehow get something screwed in and pulled out and then tackle the plug?

I han't done a Neo head.. but I'm guessing that Nissan didn't stray too far from what they already know works.

Please take another pic, up close and front on, just like mine so everybody can see what your looking at.

hey just one more thing on this does it actually work because on the factory 25 block the vvt is getting a direct high pressure feed straight from the oil pump wheres this method is only getting in from the head?also when you other guys are putting the pistons in the block do you put oil on the rings or assemble dry 2 prevent the bores glazing up cheers chris nz :)