SAU Community

boot install pics

hippy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..yea sometimes i do..guess thats why..atm im running 2 amps.. 1 - 800wattx4 and a 225wattx2 on my splits + tweeters and 2 12`subs.. havent got anything hooked up to the 4 ways in the back.. and yeah ive got all the blu neon crap in the car and boot so yeah does drain a bit of power..

Originally posted by sHorty

BTW does that box u made work well like the bass sounds good through it

the neons sux shit loads of power from the battery!

The sub i got is a 12" Orion MTX close enclosure sub, and the box was custom made at a car audio place. Works really well and shakes the front windscreen but to much of the boot 2!

neons are old school man.. buy CCFL's.. less power drain..

I reckon you can build some pretty awesome stuff if you muck around a bit and have a bit of creativity. Once you have some nice carpet, you can make some templates and go to town. Bit of perspex, some MDF and a jigsaw (or dremel), maybe get some polished metal designs cut to the shape you want, few CCFL's..

Pproblem is the skyline boot is pretty squishy, thats why most comp cars are hondas and crap with big boots. Might stuff around with that in my next car, with the R33, its a bit like meh.. its never going to look awesome.

u can get pretty good results with DIY if you put the time in.. see my box :D it took a few hours, but i saved a fair bit of money and I think it sounds pretty good. You learn a bit I guess, and once you start you kind of think.. hmm, i could do this and this and this next time.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/at...=&postid=519631

neons (aerpro ones) draw tiny amounts of current...

i use a 1amp fuse for them.

get a optima battery or some other deep cycle batter for about $400 and u can leave it playing for hours and hours without starting the engine.

Has anyone done a full custom box to fit in the side parts of the boot, or maybe the spare wheel bay..

It'd be good to save a lot of room and use either of those two spaces. I not build a sub box before, but I imagine custom making something to fit these spaces would be a fairly tedious job..

Here's mine.

I was going to make a fibreglass box in the rear wing but ultimately decided on the easier route. I need to make some sort of cover where the fuses are. The sub's not in a box so probably doesn't perform at it's best (still sounds good enough for me).

Of course i'm bolloxed if I ever want to fit a strut brace!

That looks heaps nice dude.. but unfortunately i have already used up all that space:

http://hal.ooix.net/images/displayimage.ph...?album=5&pos=30

Amp to go under the a/v box that the cut out shows (mainly for air flow and access purposes - may pretty it up later with tinted viewing window and neon :) I have measured up the area and will fit audison srx3 perfectly.. :)

Will have to put the sub(s) somewhere else obviouslly :P

Originally posted by Moschops

Here's mine.

I was going to make a fibreglass box in the rear wing but ultimately decided on the easier route. I need to make some sort of cover where the fuses are. The sub's not in a box so probably doesn't perform at it's best (still sounds good enough for me).

Of course i'm bolloxed if I ever want to fit a strut brace!

Ive seen a r33 like that install but with 2 flush mounted amps and sub in same location, looks preety good.

I had a big problem with mine when i had to change a flqt tyre, it involved pulling half of my system out to get to the spare wheel!!