boot install pics

hippy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by halz

Has anyone done a full custom box to fit in the side parts of the boot, or maybe the spare wheel bay..  

It'd be good to save a lot of room and use either of those two spaces. I not build a sub box before, but I imagine custom making something to fit these spaces would be a fairly tedious job..

I am currently making a box to fit into the left hand side of the boot (for a 10" sub). I'll let you know if it is a success or dismall failure. Should be finished this week. I'll post a pic or 2 if it works out. Bitch of a job though...

Originally posted by hippy

yep workin on the car is always a bitch of a job especially if u dont' know what ur doing  :rolleyes:

Hehe... If all goes well I might be finished today (after work :) ) It's looking ok so far, it fits nicely and there is plenty of room left in the boot. Best of all I can still get the spare out. I also remade the panel at the back of the boot (the one that hides the battery) with a stronger one to mount the amp, fuse holder and cap (this will be modded again later to mount my stacker).

Originally posted by halz

Yeah i did a similiar thing - remade a back wall out of mdf and have attached the xbox and will attach the amp once i can afford it !

Works very well.. can see it http://hal.ooix.net/images/thumbnails.php?...?album=5&page=2

Good job! I could not match the carpet colour in my boot so I had to use a darker carpet, it still looks ok though. Whoever had my car before me butchered the back wall.