SAU Community

Garrett Precision Gt30 Turbo

Tangles

After a little advice & some knowledge from the SAU guru's.

Garrett GT30 Precision T3 turbo A/R.42 & EX.82

Compressor Housing stamped Garrett A/R.42 M24 EC-2

Compressor wheel 56trim 7-blade

4-bolt housing Exhaust wheel 11-blade,

Exhaust housing stamped Garrett 441326-016 M1 A/R 0.82

Rated to 525hp (?)

I gather I need an external wastegate, and a 4-bolt custom dump pipe 3" modifying my current JJR bellmouth dump/ront pipe

Any info about this turbo, expectations, how to mount and what sort of external wastgate to use and where to install ?

or can the rear housing be swapped out for an Internal Wastegate setup?

thoughts plx.. thanks.

this is for an auto RB25det, cams/head etc. to upgrade from Slide turbo

Pics hosted here for the time being:

( http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showim...,0&format=0 )

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...0382_12_new.pdf

how much is it?

you do realise that its only oil colled not water cooled?

the 2 links you have put up are for 2 completely different creatures.

the garret web site is a 3076

while the pic link is what looks like a journal bearing high flow with a 4 bolt rear.

the cost of waste gate, manifold, and dump mods will blow the changover out considerably.

Edited by dangerman4

From the pics that thing is weird , I'm not so sure that Garrett actually make a plain bearing GT30 based turbo .

The turbine being 11 bladed looks different from the 10 blade petrol spec GT30UHP .

The compressor housing looks more like a T3 sized one , T04B's are mostly 0.60 A/R though they do also do 0.50 and 0.70 A/R ones as well (Garrett that is) .

It's not some kind of Chinese copy of god knows what is it ?

A .

Yes being big on the exhaust side compared to the compressor end makes me thing it's aimed at some sort of large capacity low reving engine - Dieseasel .

In some ways it has similar traits to a GT3071R but without ball bearings and water cooling

, diesel spec turbine .

Some sort of bitzer turbo I think . Note ID tag is not a Garrett stamped one .

A .

• 4 years later...

Dredged up old thread .

Viewers I stumbled across what looks like a plain bearing "Garrett" GT3067S turbo thats supposed to be standard on some great stall POS bus - um 4G180-20 diseasel engine . Anyway said to be a GT30 turbocharger and the cartridge looks like a big frame non water cooled plain bearing one .

Something of interest may be the single scroll IW turbine housing with a V band outlet and what looks like a T3 flange . Nowhere I looked showed the cartridge number .

I did find pics of Garrett boxes with all the details in dead spider lingo .

The only people who may be interested I reckon are those on the hunt for a plain bearing big shaft GT30 turbine and or that T3 flanged IW GT30 turbine houing in 0.82 or possibly 0.84 AR .

A .

out of interests sake - I ended up with a GT30 highflow from ATS Adelaide Turbo Services.

Garrett GT3076

part # 700177-5015

Internal wastegated ball bearing
with ported Nissan 45V4 front housing

AVO .73 6-bolt skyline rear housing