SAU Community

Nissan R34 Gtr Vs Nissan 370z

Heya,

I'm in Japan at the moment :P

I've got an r34 GTR back home in Bris, and went to look at some oh so sexy R35 GTRs today..

While trawling through the dealerships I came across a few 370z, and zomg are they sexy.. I don't think the pictures that I'd seen of them on the net really did them any justice as to what they actually look like in real life.

The interior of the cars is soo fkn immaculate, easily on par if not better than the R35.

The 370z makes the 34 GTR look 20 years old and compared to the 370 I'm sorry to say it really does make it look like a dinosaur :D I guess I couldn't say for sure without getting a drive of the 370z which I'd truely prefer, but as far as looks / quality go, I'd say the 370z wins hands down :D

Cheers,

Markus

Neither does mine. I can sit in the garage for hours staring at her with a coldie and chips :P

So as someone who's owned both a Z33 and an R34 GT-R, which one did you prefer as a sports car and not just something to look at? :D

Put it this way.....Jeremy Clarkson (few years ago) named the r34 gtr as the 8th greatest car of all time

Drove the new 350z and it was nowhere near as good as the gtr, no bias.

Jeremy Clarkson also regularly announces that he prefers cars that handle badly over cars that handle well, because of their "soul" (a euphemism for flaws) so his opinion really doesn't carry that much weight.

Most of his bitching about the 350Z is also about the flat engine note and crappy interior plastics.....criticisms that the R34 isn't exactly immune to either.

The guys from Fifth Gear, who are all actual race car drivers, think the 350Z is a great car. Actually, Clarkson is about the only journo around that doesn't like the car.

The Z34 is also a newer car than the Z33, so most of the comparisons against the R34 are against a car a generation old.

for the same price range, i will go for modified R34 GTR, save a lot of money if you want to modify your car in the future.

But 370Z is a new car, and it might be cheaper to maintain... best to wait till 370Z arrive and go for test drive....

No doubt 370Z will look nice on the road but R34 GTR stops traffic. Its street presence is crazy, people of all ages stop and stare. Complete strangers come and talk to me about my car even when Im at the petrol station. I had a 70 year old bloke tell me it was fantastic. It gets respect even when it is parked.

• Like 1

dont forget what happens when you launch a GTR hard off the line. rev to the limiter, wait for 5 secs, then dump the clutch and off you go leaving the any cars behind with ATTESA traction. personally, R34 GTR ftw and i dont like the new techs on the Z and working on even the 350z is a pain as the engine bay is soooo cramped(to undo an exhaust manifold, you have to go up and down the car with multiple sockets and extensions and its not over yet when you still have to take the other one off). and the presence of an R34 GTR is unbeatable.

Edited by R33_NICK

Awesome post!! Arf arf!!

I take it you have not driven an R34 GTR around corners then.

I am sure the 370Z is a great car. But really, it is not in the same class as the R34 GTR. It may have a better weight distribution, but that is not enough to make a significant difference.

I am fortunate enough to own a car that magazine articles, books, TV shows and everyone on the street tell me is one of the best street cars of all time. With a few mods and a mild tune, I have 375 hp at the wheels. I have lapped our local circuit a lot faster than I deserve to and every day when I park it, I look back in wonder that I actually own this beast.

Yes, a 370Z would be nice. But compared to an R34 GTR .... .....

Cheers. :D

i very much agree with you. i drove a 350z before; its good but not great when comparing it with an R34 GTR as the R34 GTR is in a very different class. i remember when we exchanged waves at Floreat. your R34 GTR has strong presence and looks menacing with it nice and low. :cheers: makes my car feel weak lol

Edited by R33_NICK

Where are you located, Turbo Piston?

Can't say i agree that there's a lack of knowledge concerning R34 GTRs. We're not that primative! Plenty of people around who have been playing with GTRs for many, many years..

dont forget what happens when you launch a GTR hard off the line. rev to the limiter, wait for 5 secs, then dump the clutch and off you go leaving the any cars behind with ATTESA traction.

Yeh, dont forget to make sure the wheel is perfectly straight otherwise you will leave the front diff on the ground :P

• 1 month later...

Initial track results are in for 370Zs, on Tsukuba they bust out a 1:06.6 compared to an R34 VSpec2's 1:06.3 so the V-Spec JUST nudges it out but it'd be a good race.