SAU Community

Nissan R34 Gtr Vs Nissan 370z

ok ok, so reading through this, alot about the 350z which isn't being argued about. And your on a skyline forum, asking whether or not the god of skylines (r35 not being considered a skyline) compares to the 370z?

17491_a.jpg

nuff said.

ok ok, so reading through this, alot about the 350z which isn't being argued about. And your on a skyline forum, asking whether or not the god of skylines (r35 not being considered a skyline) compares to the 370z?

17491_a.jpg

nuff said.

Something about that picture doesnt look right? Looks like a model that someone has imposed over the background. Im not saying it is, it just doesnt look right to me

i have a 07 350Z and a 97GTR bombed off its tits....

The Z handles like a go kart and is an absolute dream to play countersteer games for as long as you like, it has very precise handling with the VSC switched off, but hands down the GTR gets my pick when I want some real fun.

If the 350Z had maybe double the power my opinion MIGHT change because it handles very well but is so slow compared to the GTR

i personally drive a 97 GTS-T so i cant brag on too much both these cars are out of my price range...but to me, all Z's look cheap...i think there is no comparison with the GTR...the stance of the GTR just puts it a level above the 370 and the 350...and when you talk Nissan, they have always been up there...starting from the 32, to 33 and the 34...the new one is just simply unbelievable...

i would take the R-34 GTR anyday...maybe ill own 1 one day...lol

geeez

reading it all.................dude........are u OK?!?!?

this is a skyline forum of course people will chose the the GT-R.

so ITS getting pretty boringgggggggggggggggggggggg........getting tired of seeing "GTR R34 for me"..."blah blah heres a picture of the R34 GTR...enough ssaid blah blah................" which is silly cause who doesnt know what the GTR R34 Looks like....its been around for the past decade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what people should be showing is more pics of the 370z......cause its new and not everyone seen the ins and outs on it.....

shouldve rephrased the question in this thread?

So...WHO ACTUALLY PREFERS THE 370Z?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by eeiko321

ec7beb0d.jpgnissan_370z_nismo.jpgnissan-370z-coupe_1600x0w.jpg

Lastly what i wanted to add...

im guessing alot of people actually look down on the Z...

cause they think its non-turbo and "too slow"

how do you even know its too slow?!....have you ever ridden in one?!

ive guessed that you've probably read the CLAIMED...specs on the 0 - 100km? or 400m?

i personally beleive......dont beleive everything you read....when it comes to vehicle times...

because if you put 2 and 2 together....

R34 GT-R (stock)

206 KW at 6800rpm

392 Nm at 4400rpm

370Z (stock)

248 kW at 7000 rpm

370 Nm at 5200 rpm <---- thats really good for non-turbo you know.....

and plus there is a weight difference

R34 GT-R (base)

1,540 Kg

370Z (base)

1,466 kg

it might even be a good race you know......

Edited by eeiko321

ok the interior looks sick as...the centre console is very similar to the V-36 coupe...the layout of the screen and buttons...right, the interior to me, wins over the GTR...but i was very close to spewing when i had a look at that rear end...looks like a damn SUV to me...and whats with the lights??? i cannot see the anything in it...no disrespect to Z owners...but it really is an absolutey ugly looking car...even the 350Z looks heaps better...still the skyline to me, wins overall...

ok the interior looks sick as...the centre console is very similar to the V-36 coupe...the layout of the screen and buttons...right, the interior to me, wins over the GTR...but i was very close to spewing when i had a look at that rear end...looks like a damn SUV to me...and whats with the lights??? i cannot see the anything in it...no disrespect to Z owners...but it really is an absolutey ugly looking car...even the 350Z looks heaps better...still the skyline to me, wins overall...

112_0810_13z%202010_nissan_370z%20side_view_comparison.jpg

here is a side view in comparison to the 350z.......it looks alot better......alot fatter......more supercar-ish

car1or4.jpg

yes i know you prefer the GT-R...as well as every tom dick and harry + dog....

like i just said.....it would be INTERESTING to know who would prefer the 370Z?

so put you hand up so we can have a good look!

infact i think it looks alot better than 350z

i wouldnt be calling things ugly......

its new....no one is used to its looks.... i recall people saying when the EVO 7 came out....every hated it calling it "ugly shit" cause everyone was used to the way EVO6 looked.

and a few years down the track.......till this day.....the EVO 8 & 9 (which is the same chasis and body)

is pretty much one of the most best looking cars on the market in aust.

still doesnt do anything for me...ok woopi-doo...its a late model car and its fast...GTR all the way...wether its been around for a decade or two...it still has history, class and still out performs alot of other street cars...please have a look at these pics and compare...and dont tell me its just another GTR...the z has nothing... :down:

post-56455-1236946725_thumb.jpg

post-56455-1236947484_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tarek

I think the 370Z is terrific granted it shorter and stubbier than the 350Z and the pics probably don't do it justice (Audi TTand R35 GTR and others also looked uglier in pics than in real) - but Nismo 370Z version is just too uuugggggggggglllllyyyyyyyyyyy - disgraceful body kit (must have been styled by a braille person)

as an every day driver the 370Z would likely be far more practical than a R34 GTR and lots of fun no doubt - pose value? who knows, I would prefer the newer v6 engine car -it s moddddddddddddddeerrrrrrrnnnn - its the future not the past !!!!!!!! and it wil have better tech type kit

Does any1 actually like or even think the 370 is a better car?

geezus dude.............................

I think the 370Z is terrific granted it shorter and stubbier than the 350Z and the pics probably don't do it justice (Audi TTand R35 GTR and others also looked uglier in pics than in real) - but Nismo 370Z version is just too uuugggggggggglllllyyyyyyyyyyy - disgraceful body kit (must have been styled by a braille person)

as an every day driver the 370Z would likely be far more practical than a R34 GTR and lots of fun no doubt - pose value? who knows, I would prefer the newer v6 engine car -it s moddddddddddddddeerrrrrrrnnnn - its the future not the past !!!!!!!! and it wil have better tech type kit

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy we got a rare winner here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

Old School Z's are where its at!

post-46584-1236988523_thumb.jpg

ive actually seen one of these...with a custom Purple sort of paint.....filling up at a shell station...the one on Roberts Rd under the bridge at Greenacre/Chullora and it sounded like it was running a loud ass V8...

• 2 weeks later...

The analogy that immediately came to mind is that an R34 GT-R is to the new 370Z what the 1987 Ferrari F40 is to the Ferrari F430.

The F430 is undoubtedly more modern, a fresher shape that isn't as familiar. And the F430 is probably just as quick around Fiorano as the F40. But the F40 is a supercar, with the legend and street cred to back it up. To me it's also a more raw, aggressive design (which to my mind is also more cohesive and all of a piece with less fussy detailing). You'll also see many more F430s around than F40s.

You don't have to be a true enthusiast to own a 370Z (although undoubtedly, there will be some), but if you own an R34 GT-R I don't think there's any doubt.

The analogy that immediately came to mind is that an R34 GT-R is to the new 370Z what the 1987 Ferrari F40 is to the Ferrari F430.

The F430 is undoubtedly more modern, a fresher shape that isn't as familiar. And the F430 is probably just as quick around Fiorano as the F40. But the F40 is a supercar, with the legend and street cred to back it up. To me it's also a more raw, aggressive design (which to my mind is also more cohesive and all of a piece with less fussy detailing). You'll also see many more F430s around than F40s.

You don't have to be a true enthusiast to own a 370Z (although undoubtedly, there will be some), but if you own an R34 GT-R I don't think there's any doubt.

your a bit too late on that dude....

havent you read the previous posts?

every: Tom, Dick, Harry + dog .... has said something along the lines of what you just mentioned

the conclusion is that, no one on here prefers the 370z in this "SKYLINE" australia club....

end of story.....

your a bit too late on that dude....

havent you read the previous posts?

every: Tom, Dick, Harry + dog .... has said something along the lines of what you just mentioned

the conclusion is that, no one on here prefers the 370z in this "SKYLINE" australia club....

Yeah Jamie, I did. And I take your point. Pretty hard not to be biased when you own a Skyline, I know, but that's just how I figure. I love cars of all types and I thought the analogy would be interesting even if it was fantastical.

I love Ferrari F40's i'd take one any day over an F430. Modern or not he's right, it has character and appeal. In 20-30 years time that may be the case for the F430 when its succesor comes out whatever it may be.

'

But like it or not you are right this is a skyline forum and to ask a quesiton like that means your gonna get a heavy response inclined towards liking the GT-R, as most people on these forums aspire to own or have one already.

That being said, i have seen the 370Z personally driving next to me on Princess Highway, (it was silver) and must say it is ALOT better in real life than in the pictures. Overall against the 350Z its a great improvement and im sure Nissan milk it out as as much as they could like the 350Z slowly tweaking and tunning the engine for that extra 20HP and 10-20NM of torque it recieves in previous models.

But if you asked me would you take a 240Z, a 350Z or hey even a 370Z, i would say the 240Z, because it purely is characteristic, it has balls to back itself, and simply it looks stunning. I find it hard pressed to compare the 240Z to that of a BNR34 (since i love GT-R's) because it looks THAT good!

But if you told me like you are now what would i rather, a 370Z or a R34 GT-R. Well i have the option to buy either of them and you know what? Stuff both of them im going to build my own car. I have an ENR34 non turbo 2 door and i'd rather spend MORE money building my car from the ground up than buying a 320HP monster out the factory, simply because it doesnt have character. Yes it has history, but never until its worn in and driven will it have character and in a car thats what i want.

Other than that, factory to factory, if both cars were brand new i'd take the R34 GT-R simply because i like tunning and will find it easier to tune the GT-R (power wise) over the 370Z. But if i was after practicality, precise driving, comfort and more of an everyday car, i'd take the 370Z because it doesn't come off as a "hardcore" tuner something people over time won't look twice at. Depends what its for really. Everyone is to their own opinion, so that being said would you take a 370Z or a 350Z possibly even the 240 or the older models which are similar? it shouldn't be compared to the 34, the 34 should be compared to the 35.