SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

I've noticed the defected thread somehow got spammed up with insurance questions/details/premiums so I thought I'd start a thread that people can list their policies or any questions they have. :P

good call

Famous - full comp

$74/ mth about $888yr

about $1000 excess

listed all mods

34 yrs old

high risk area - Shannon's wouldn't even touch me with no lock up garage where i live

21, Just car insurance, r32 GTR, rating 1, $886 p/yr, excess is $2000

i got real lucky with my previous car with shannons as they gave me my rating 1 when i was 18, so that with location adn how the car is stored played a large part in my price.

personally if i could still be on shannons i would, i never claimed with them but they just felt like if anything occured they would have your back alot better than other insurers

WOW.......some of you guys are paying some serious dosh for excess, lol

Anyhow, here's my deal breaker:

Only just over 25 years old :)

Shanons Ins

Rating 1

$1100 Premium

$500 Excess

Insured Value $58K

sounds decent, was actually expecting something simple like; "oh, its insured by *insert gang*."

:)

hahaha.......it's probably one of those bikes where you'd have to be mad to steal it if you weren't sure of the owner

lol, I'm probably wasting money insuring it come to think of it!!

Ok, heres a query.. I get alot of mixed reactions about shannons,

they WONT insure under 25's

nah they will i know a guy who... bla bla bla.

I want to insure my car with them, as my policy with Just Car ends in Feb. Whats the best way to get around the customer service person telling me they wont touch me (in a non sexual way)?

Ok, heres a query.. I get alot of mixed reactions about shannons,

they WONT insure under 25's

nah they will i know a guy who... bla bla bla.

I want to insure my car with them, as my policy with Just Car ends in Feb. Whats the best way to get around the customer service person telling me they wont touch me (in a non sexual way)?

honestly mate i dont think they will insure you, i had been with them for a few years, they had already given me my rating 1 and still they wouldnt touch me untill i was around 23.

maybe if you know one of the sellers or get chatting to the guys when there out at mallala that might help?

pete, yeh the excess sucks but it just keeps me from being a idiot on the road, if i drive like a wank, crash it then i have to pay that excess :(

Shannons

25 years old

1999 R34 GT

agreed value of 25,000

basic excess $500

rating 1

i think its around $1600 atm, but im ok with that considering she is my daily and got quite a few mods on the list :(

yeah another 4 years here too!

Well just renewed my Policy with Just Car, i added some modifications and upped my agreed value to $23,900, after it dropped from that to 21,900. Apparently he cant go over 23,900 :S

Costs $148 p/m on Rating 3, or $1545 upfront, and excess is $2550.