SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

I am keen on getting some insurance.

Just wondering when you guys are listing your mods for insurance, do ya list mods that are defectable? eg. say u have an aftermarket turbo, would u need to specify what sort of turbo it is or simply say i have a turbo

I am keen on getting some insurance.

Just wondering when you guys are listing your mods for insurance, do ya list mods that are defectable? eg. say u have an aftermarket turbo, would u need to specify what sort of turbo it is or simply say i have a turbo

you dont have any?

Ok, heres a query.. I get alot of mixed reactions about shannons,

they WONT insure under 25's

nah they will i know a guy who... bla bla bla.

I want to insure my car with them, as my policy with Just Car ends in Feb. Whats the best way to get around the customer service person telling me they wont touch me (in a non sexual way)?

I have got my insurance with Shannons damo.

I am 22 since last Dec

93 R33 GTS25T - Agreed value off $20K

Monthly payments of $193.09 and Excess is only $900

So not a bad deal from where i am

I am 22 since last Dec

I think id rather save $50 a week and pay the extra excess. Just drive carefully. lol.

List everything! They couldn't care if it's defectable.

I'm worried about renewing my insurance! I have a heap of mods to list, plus a few other changes. Ah!

yes you can list it and should but watch that one, on page 20 mid way down of the "just cars" disclosure notice, says the car must be roadworthy? or the item most not be a contributing factor in the accident to be covered? pretty vague and I'm sure they come come back on you pretty easy , say coil overs are defecatable but you have them, bang your not covered if they get picky? cause they dont pass ADR they could just pin the blame on you? anyone had that happen yet ?

Im on just cars but its due now so good bye just cars they wont cover my car for enough dosh. lumleys seems to be the cheapest so far for us oldies...no one under 25 and no limist to the amounts of coverage value

details posted soon.

and rhys5169 is right Ive heard horror stories form mates who crash skylines,NS,WRX even commies done up they will try everything not to pay out, the insurance in this country is shit. in USA they write you a check on the spot, no worries no BS. unless your drunk or kill someone it take mere min to sort out the car. if the mod is fitting safe and listed its covered , no extra excess except stereos over 5000k. they want video proof or reciepts. not sure why the insurance here is so bad???????

some places do a credit check to come up with your worthiness for insurance?, they figure if your a bad credit risk you could also be running a scam on them? ask them if your in doubt ?

Edited by sapphiregraphics

I think id rather save $50 a week and pay the extra excess. Just drive carefully. lol.

Personal prefrence Damo

I prefer to pay the extra now and then when i am in strife with a crash then dont have to worry abt too much excess

I am 22 since last Dec

thats nice, i had no idea they would insure someone under 25 w/turbo car. im gonna try my luck when i turn 22 now!lol

thats nice, i had no idea they would insure someone under 25 w/turbo car. im gonna try my luck when i turn 22 now!lol

i have had that policy since april last year mate

so at that stage i was 21

yes you can list it and should but watch that one, on page 20 mid way down of the "just cars" disclosure notice, says the car must be roadworthy? or the item most not be a contributing factor in the accident to be covered? pretty vague and I'm sure they come come back on you pretty easy , say coil overs are defecatable but you have them, bang your not covered if they get picky? cause they dont pass ADR they could just pin the blame on you? anyone had that happen yet ?

ahhh, the 2 magic words that are key to any insurance or warranty claim.

Also applies to new car warranty.........if you mod a new car and it goes bang, as long as the mod wasn't a contributing factor, you're covered.

Mind you, they'll try and bluff you sometimes like the big 90/10 rort that some rip off insurance companies try to put over you, whereby they state that you're 10% at fault just for being there.......even if you were stationary and legally parked!?

Can't believe some companies still try that crap.......I suppose that while there are still suckers out there that fall for it, they'll continue to do so.

so theoretically speaking, id i slam on the brakes and go up someones backside, and write my car off, they can deem my cover invalid because coilovers and aftermarket wheels may have contributed to increasing my braking distance?

so theoretically speaking, id i slam on the brakes and go up someones backside, and write my car off, they can deem my cover invalid because coilovers and aftermarket wheels may have contributed to increasing my braking distance?

ok now what if said wheels and coilovers decreased your braking distance and the guy behind you runs up the back of you who's fault will they claim that is

possibly Damo.......if they can deem that the car was way too low and had no suspension travel to transfer weight to your front wheels hence the extra long skid or if the suspension was too stiff and wheels were airborne over a rippled surface.........me thinks you're gonna be stuffed........and pray no one is hurt either.

makes the thousands of drivers, import and otherwise, with aftermarket suspension think doesn't it? Not that it says anywhere that coilover suspension is a defectable item, as pete says below, adjustable is defectable, which covers 99% of aftermarket coils.

edited, my bad

adjustable coilovers have, and always will be defectable, but if they don't contribute to an accident, you're more than likely gonna get away with it.....I can't speak for all insurance companies but they generally share their investigators (subcontactors like me)