SAU Community

2009 Sau-vic Egm/committee Elections

R31Nismoid

2009 SAU-Vic EGM/Committee Elections

The 2009 SAU Vic elections will be held via EGM at the March club meeting on Tuesday 17th March 2009.

At this meeting, the new committee for 2009 will be elected. All current committee members will step down on 17/3/09. All committee positions are up for voting and nomination. However it will only be the executive committee who gets voted in on the night of the EGM by the existing member base. The Executive committee will then pick the general committee as they see fit from the members who are nominated here. It is wholly the duty of the executive committee to pick, add, delete, and

change the general committee as they see fit. Please note that the general committee does not need to be nominated here to be selected, however please use this thread as a good opportunity to make yourself known to the new executive committee so as they can pick their general committee quickly.

If you would like to be involved on the committee, please nominate yourself. If you think someone else would be great in a committee role - please nominate them. For a nomination to be valid it must be seconded by a current club member and the person must accept the nomination. Don't be scared - this is a great way to get more involved with your club. The committee is currently structured as such:

Executive Committee roles:

President

Vice President

Secretary

Treasurer

General Committee roles:

Sponsorship Manager

Merchandise Coordinator

Events Coordinator x2-3

Media Manager

Web Master

Motorsport Sub-Committee roles:

Motorsport Director - Head of motorsport sub-committee

General Motorsport Sub-Committee member(s) x5

Again, this is a great way to be a part of your club. All current financial members are eligible. All committee members have to stand down and be re-nominated and re-elected - so everyone has the ability to be involved.

Please post any queries or nominations in this thread.

Alternativly nominations can be sent to [email protected]

All nominations and seconding will need to be finalisted 48 hours prior to the EGM on Tue 17th March 2009 to give the committee due time to make arrangements for the meeting

The current nominee's are:

President

Ash - R31Nismoid

Wayne - RCHOO

Vice President

Bec - Bec

Secretary

Al - Al

Treasurer

Ross - PurpleR32

General Committee

MattD - Media

RCHOO - Events

krzysiu - Events

Rekin - Events

ARC - Sponsorship

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Role Descriptions

Executive Committee roles:

President

This is the clubs leader. This person is responsible for the clubs "public" face appearance.

Their responsibility is to ensure the club is heading and following the direction that the members want.

They should also show good leadership examples to other committee members and delegate tasks to the general committee. The President should endevour to run all of the monthly general meetings.

Vice President

This is the clubs second in command role. This person is responsible for day to day running of the various "departments" of the club. They act as a fill in for when the President is absent from meeting, events and other appearances.

They also cover any absences for any decision making requirements and processes.

Secretary

Responsible for all club mail, notices, memberships, member enquiries, member questions and bulletins.

The secretary should also track our various club affiliation agreements (insurance etc) and ensure all of the club information is up to date and correct.

The secretary should also handle all memberships’ add/changes/deletes

Treasurer

The treasurer is responsible for the clubs trading funds and bankroll.

it is their responsibility to ensure funds for events, purchases, stock, merchandise, deposits etc is handled correctly. All money transfers, transactions, purchases need to be logged and recorded for our regular balance checks and yearly reviews. This person has direct access to the SAU bank account and financial data. This person is called upon also when cross planning events and new ideas to ensure adequate funds and capacity is available. As we are non profit car club this role is very important and all steps must be taken to protect the clubs money.

General Committee roles:

Motorsport Director

The motor sport director is the person responsible for the clubs motor sport division. (Sub-Committee)

They should be attending the track days to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all is provided.

They also have other responsibilities such as

- Ensuring members go into the correct classes for competition.

- Ensuring everyone has a fair go on the track days

- Posting results from motorsport events

- Organisation of motorsport events including insurance

- Managing the motorsport sub-committee

- Reporting back to the general committee on motorsport topics

Sponsorship Manager

This role is our sponsorship manager. Their role is to find any possible sponsorship leads and try to get them onboard. This can include any type of sponsor be it a simple donation, a full yearly event sponsor or just a logo on some merchandise. The Sponsorship Manager should ensure that the club is meeting all the agreed terms of the sponsorship deal and keep good communication with sponsors (current, potential and future) Sponsorship forms a big part of our income for the club and its funding so this role has an important focus for clear income generation.

Merchandise Coordinator

The merchandise co-ordinator is responsible for organising any new merchandise runs and builds.

They should also ensure we have adequate stock of the popular items and handle any sales/enquiries for merchandise.

They must keep a record of current stock levels and report back to the executive committee

Events Coordinator

The events co-ordinator is responsible for organising events for the club.

The events aren't specific to car events so they include things like fun days, social days, movie nights, general outings etc. The primary role for the events co-ordinator is things such as cruises, info nights, dyno days, and technical info days/nights. Secondary based events would be things like social days/nights, pub crawls, fun days, movie outings etc. This role includes performing bookings, event planning, liaising with suppliers/companies for bookings, enquiries etc

Media Manager

The media manager is responsible for ensure the club has a good media representation in the club scene.

The media manager's primary role shall be to collated edit and publish the club newsletter.

Things such as photography for the club events and other club related activities.

This role can also include things like following up with Media agents for coverage of special events

Web Master

The web master shall attempt to keep the www.sauvic.com.au web site updated as necessary and use there time to furthur develop our web site.

The web master shall manage the email accounts and mailing lists within the club.

The web master shall be required to keep the web site and email hosting running.

The newly formed executive committee may decide to add / delete the general committee roles as they see fit, in the interest of running the car club better.

I nominate AJ (CAJFLY) for Events group

I nominate Ash (R31nismoid) for President

I nominate Bec (Bec) for Vice President

I nominate Chris (Scotsman) for Motorsport Director

I nominate Ferah (DNGRUS) for Events group

I nominate Ferah (DNGRUS) for Merchandise

I nominate Danielle (33gtst) for Merchandise

I nominate Michael (Dezz) for Events group

I nominate Patrick (Rekin) for Events group

I nominate Tharaka (Mr Oizo) for Media Manager

I nominate Wayne (RCHOO) for Events Coordinator

I nominate myself for Media.

It's what I do for a living, make TV and film. I'm also a journalist by profession.

I used to produce IgnitionDVD in Syndey and thus started doing that side of things for SAUNSW, unfortunately, due to schedule, then work and moving back to Melbourne, it never really got off the ground.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sMJWKV8qukg

The full SAUNSW Texikhana DVD went for around 22 mins, included all that attended with some really kick-ass driving footage. I'd like to get this sort of thing cooking for SAUVIC.

I also applied for Vic membership like 8 days ago.

Peace.

I'm also pretty decent at organizing events and what not ^_^