SAU Community

The Hoon Laws In Practice

MLCrisis

I've been pulled over once in over three years in the GTR. And in 4-5 years with the R33 I never got pulled over even as a P Plater.

I think for the most part if you do the right thing you will be left alone.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends when/where you're driving though, i drive to work @ midnight and i get pulled over every couple weeks

hell, in my 8 years of driving I would say ive been pulled over more than 40+ times, 5 times a year, about right yep!

im also black, and cops are racists !!!!

depends when/where you're driving though, i drive to work @ midnight and i get pulled over every couple weeks

hell, in my 8 years of driving I would say ive been pulled over more than 40+ times, 5 times a year, about right yep!

I drive home @ midnight, and have done so for years, and never get pulled over :D

ive never been pulled over in the skyline, the VR clubby, my GSXR or an of the VL's i use to own. I agree with what people above have said. If you dont do anything that gets peoples attention (specially cops) then you dont have much to worry about......

Saying that some cops can be pricks..... but most are fine to deal with.

That maybe right, but it also what the car looks like as well.

As an example this black couple of fellows passed me in a very lowererd BMW M3 fully pimped, they were wearing very loud clothing with massive gold jewlery. If these fellows weren't gulity of something (apart for them ilegally lowerd car and very bad taste) they were trying to look it.

• 1 year later...

Firstly, my apologies for not checking up on this thread for a while!! I realise that the laws are different from state to state and that ACT may not have the same issues - yet. The point is that the various versions of these laws around Australia all share the same key characteristic - that they are fundamentally unjust and unsound and represent an attack on civil liberties. I have no doubt that many young drivers, whatever their ride, are irresponsible and need to be brought to book in some way. However, the standard laws already on the statute, for dangerous driving, reckless driving, etc. present sufficient means for that, without the imposition of laws that allow unfettered discretion to the boys in blue.

I would add that I am unable to spend the time checking threads in each state's area (daft idea, really) so I will leave this thread to those in ACT who care to think about the matter. Perhaps there are some amongst you who will appreciate the greater issue, see it as something worth fighting for and take that fight on in your own way.

Cheers. :down:

I drove around plenty late nights and very early mornings when I was on call but no dramas.
I drive home @ midnight, and have done so for years, and never get pulled over :thumbsup:

So your telling me, that 2 young, Blonde women don't get pulled over in their skylines. I can only wonder why ;)

For the first 6 months I owned my car last year, it was not displaying a front numberplate, and had 5% tint all round...didn't get looked at twice by cops, even when I was parked suspiciously in Russell Offices carpark after midnight on my phone, and they pulled up and asked wtf I was doing.

Admittedly I don't drive like a hoon, unless there's traffic (see: incompetent f**kwits driving like retards) and I want to get the fk away from them...

Ah well, who knows lol

Personally I am sick and tired of hearing about "hoons" and 'P' platers terrorising the innocent on our roads... :)

We all know that because we own and drive Skylines we are branded as "hoons" and thats always the way it is going to be as long as there are so called current affairs programs like ACA and Today Tonight reporting sensationalised propaganda stories about how anyone who drives a modified car is only on the road to kill and maim small children, puppies and kittens.

As long as we as a club and individually stay within the laws, keep the silly stuff for the track and closed roads we may be able to change the perception of the Police, other drivers and media for the better.... (unlikely, but we can hope).

*Just my two cents*

I think the hoon laws have another semi-positive side-effect.

How many car adverts do you see, especially in NSW,

"forsale, modded r32gtst, 210kw, need to sell for loss of license" then they go ask $7000 for it.

GOLD.....

only downside is 90% of the cars are leb-spec civics with 30kg chrome rims and 100kg of speakers and amps

SAU ACT is from my experience a pretty responsible club. This forum facilitates the group to arrange; off street advanced driver training and tracks days, weekly meets of members where hopefully no irresponsible or illegal behaviour occurs, and the occassional charity event or free community event in which we participate such as the Wheels Day coming up soon or Marques in the park.

Anyway point being is we are often un-reasonably targetted based upon the vehicles we drive, we are also easy to porttray as being hoons by the media especially sensationalist current affairs programs. These same programs often run human interest stories (although proportionately not many), what say the members of the group to inviting these same programs to witness and record all the positive aspects of this culture. Its a massive long shot really.

Another thought would be to invite the police to attend an activity, as guests. But I can't think of anything that you could invite them too, that they couldn't possibly start checking vehicles for defects etc.

Probably a Shi* idea but tell me what you think.

So your telling me, that 2 young, Blonde women don't get pulled over in their skylines. I can only wonder why :)

*THIS IS MELLY - being lazy again*

Fail! I ALWAYS get pulled over, i've been pulled over about 10 times in the last 12 months. I've been pulled over a couple of times in one day a few times.

Funny that you get pulled over so often. Not once did I ever get pulled over in the dirty days when I had an R33 even when it had a big P plate on the back of it.

I was talking about this with a police officer friend of mine and he basically said the main reason that chicks don't get hassled is because they don't really fit the demographic that they are looking for.

*still Melly*

I always get pulled over for "Random breath tests" I've been pulled over more times than Zane has, and probably more than Reece too ;) They just want to check out Pinkys good looks :)

As in flashing lights behind you or at the RBT stops?

Pete gets pulled over in the Audi way more for those. I tell him it's because he looks sus! One time the chick cop went to check the rego sticker and as she put her hand down on the windscreen the automatic wiper went off and scared the shit out of her. Was pretty funny and she saw the funny side of it too which is always helpful!

Never been breathalised except for the standard roadside operations, and even then I haven't been picked on more than anyone else... sometimes just get waved thru...

So your telling me, that 2 young, Blonde women don't get pulled over in their skylines. I can only wonder why :cheers:

Funny that :D

ps. thanks for the 'young' part :thumbsup: