SAU Community

The Hoon Laws In Practice

MLCrisis

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've only had good experiences in the ACT. I never feel 'targetted' and even though my car probably looks like its quite modified I've never been questioned. I've been fined once for doing something stupid but they were even really nice about that.

*THIS IS MELLY - being lazy again*

Fail! I ALWAYS get pulled over, i've been pulled over about 10 times in the last 12 months. I've been pulled over a couple of times in one day a few times.

Maybe its because you car looks... unfinished. Also the bright paint probably doesn't help.

I've been pulled over once for an RBT an I was the 4th car in a line of 6 so I doubt I was targeted. And before anyone feels the need to say "why would the cops want to pull over a Camry/Magna/Avalon" it would probably be because it has a loud exhaust, big shiney wheels and at the time it was extreemly low (exhaust was about 4cm off the ground)

i've been getting pulled over since before it looked "unfinished" since I got it I have always been pulled over (except when in Gtown where all the police had all seen my car up close because of dads old job anyway) I was pulled over more before it was "unfinished" I just still get pulled over alot. Plus you can't see the front bar from behind anyway. Not that I care about being pulled over except it being a waste of my time, I can't get defected, all they found to defect me for last time was my window not going down and I hadn't rewired my front bar indicators. But thats fixed so there is nothing. All mods are engineered and the rest is stock as a rock.

Didnt you car have giant 20inch chromies on it before it looked "unfinished"? If i was a copper I would pull someone over for having 20inch rims as you can pretty much garantee they are illegal

IMHO, (IMHO = In My Honest Opinion... for those of you that don't know) on the whole there are more unroad-worthy modified holdens/fords out there than there are skylines/supras etc

Anytime i have had to deal with the police has been a pleasure in the act. The thing with Canberra is its small if you have a good record are polite tell them what they want, chances are you wont be harassed regardless of the car you drive/where you drive/what ever time. on the flip side if you have a bad record are arrogant drive something that screams defect me then they will be on you like bears are to picnic baskets and every cop will know you.