SAU Community

R32 Gtr! Blown A Head Gasket, What Else Can I Do?

glaze

Hi Guys, I have a 1994 R32 GTR Veilside Evolution Widebody and have just blown a head gasket, funnily i drive the car with a huge amount of respect and never give it a hard time, a squirt here and there Yes, a hard time Never. Anyway, I am taking the car in to do the head gasket and was wondering what other bits and pieces I can get done while its in there.

Im thinking Turbo upgrade, Power FC but what are the other main things without going into a re build, as my engine is very healthy,

Oil Pump??

Hose Kit??

Engine Bearings??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im looking to get about 300kw at the wheels on a safe tune as its my everyday driver.

Cheers.

Jamie

Engine rebuild, suspension, brakes, exhaust, rings, pistons, pumps, oil catch can, fuel reg, turbo, gate, the list goes on and on.... all depends on how much $$ u wanna spend...

Good luck with the fix :blush:

Ok I have a $6k budget, Im planning on Turbo's and Power FC. I have Brembo's and new after market suspension already on it, looking at getting new slotted rotors as well. Obviously clutch will need upgrading so that will probably go in as well.

You should consider fitting an L31 stroker in, everyone knows they have much more power than an RB26 :blush:

OK....really, I'm not considering cost here but - oil cooler, turbos, front/dump pipes, oil pump, fuel pump + reg (if needed), Power FC and Exhast if needed.

Depending on K's you migth consider doing the bearings\seals and timing belt while the engine is apart.

Cheers Adzmax, it already has front dumps, exhaust, aftermarket fuel pump, so will look at oil cooler, turbos, Power FC and oil pump if neccesary :blink:

Cheers Guys, I will chat with the boysd at Creatd and find out more about these items. Look forward to filling you in with what was done and also will post some pics of car when I get it back.

Update. Head Gasket has shat itself and Im going to do steel head gasket, injectors, rods, turbos, PFC, front pipes, clutch and shoot for anywhere between 300-340AWKW.

Will have it back next week and will post a new thread with Pics for everyone to have a squiz at and tell me what they think.

Cheers.

JG