SAU Community

+1 on GTR, dont waste time and money on an rb20 if your after serious power....you said you had around the 20k which will set you up with a clean stock 32 gtr to work on.

Edited by willL

Yeah, thats what this is here for i guess, along with other things. Get someone reputable to inspect any car you're looking at seriously purchasing would be another good bit of advice i learnt the hard way. Before you go looking once you decide what model you want, sit down & write up a checklist of things you want to check on & make sure are functioning. eg aircon, power windows & mirrors, defectable items like bov's etc...., this will really help you eliminate the "not quite what im looking for" cars available, & should see you pick up a nice ride.

+1 on the GTR just make sure you get everything checked by someone who knows their skylines. If you don't know anyone like that do a search on here for things to look out for, write em all down and then take the list with you when you go to look at the car.

If your buying a modded GTR make sure you ask who did all the modifications and whether they have receipts. When I bought mine I decided to keep away from the modded GTRs purely because at the end of the day you will never know exactly whats been done with the car.

I paid a bit more for mine but got a pretty clean late model GTR thats relatively stock. If you are going to use the car as a daily I would recommend you do the same, modded GTRs will always be breaking the next weakest link and you'll be dipping into your pocket more than you would like. Especially if your on any kind of budget.

Good luck with the purchase and make sure you post up some pics after you've bought it :)

Hi Folks,

i just got into the Skyline scene just recently, now ive got a hard-on for R32 (GTS4)

do you rate the this car?

It's a GTR but needs another turbo and an extra 600cc. Haha! :D

any major faults?

The car is over 15 years old, things will need replacing sooner or later, its just cheaper then a GTR.

But if you treat it right and do your services when you are suppost to then it can take you a long way.

easy to drive? (smoov or ruff ride)

All depending on you Drivetrain Setup = Clutch, suspension, springs, strut and sway bars, floor brace...

If its stock it be smooth, if your after some performance, things can get rough.

ease to mod, upgrades? power?

Exhaust, panel / pod filter or front mount intercooler, dyno tune if needed. All easy and just get them installed propley by your mechanic.

Price range?

CHEAP!

and yes i am a newbie and will use the search button from now on :)

Welcome!

BTW, there are 2 types of GTS-4's.

GTS-4 - 2.0 L RB20DET turbo I6, 212 hp (158 kW, 263 N m)

GTS-4 - 2.6 L RB26DE I6, 225 hp (169 kW, Autech Version - auto only)

But I would say you most prbley be going for the 2lt turbo then the 2.6lt N/A as I don't think many N/As came to AUS + it being an Autech Version, Autech tune Nissan cars but sell it through the Nissan dealer in Japan and are quite rare. A 'Factory Customised' car.

okay so my options have become limited

expensive to loose change ;)

1.R32 GTR - it has everything and a nice insurance premium to boot ;)

2.R32 GTS4 - get one and do an engine transplant

3.R32 GTS-T: Stop being picky and get one (bang for buck)

like ive said i like the idea of AWD but hey beggers cant be choosers

how do gts-t go?

Edited by RocknRolla

Pretty well for what they are. Mine is fairly stock i guess you could say. Front mount, dual stage boost (set low), exhaust & fuel pump. On 14psi it makes about 150kw at the wheels. On 11psi its still making 135kw. Its my daily driver & every week i get 450km minimum out of a full tank no matter how hard i decide to push it, a/c on, etc...

If you decide on a gts-t & you are around western sydney. I might just sell mine if the offer is right. Ive also got receipts for $4500 worth of repair & slight upgrade work done to it, along with dyno sheets for the recent tune. Id like to modify it further, as now its pretty much ready for ecu injectors & turbo, then 20psi & around 240kw. Reason id sell is i want a gtr, & im finally getting to the point where i could afford 1. ;)

Pretty well for what they are. Mine is fairly stock i guess you could say. Front mount, dual stage boost (set low), exhaust & fuel pump. On 14psi it makes about 150kw at the wheels. On 11psi its still making 135kw. Its my daily driver & every week i get 450km minimum out of a full tank no matter how hard i decide to push it, a/c on, etc...

If you decide on a gts-t & you are around western sydney. I might just sell mine if the offer is right. Ive also got receipts for $4500 worth of repair & slight upgrade work done to it, along with dyno sheets for the recent tune. Id like to modify it further, as now its pretty much ready for ecu injectors & turbo, then 20psi & around 240kw. Reason id sell is i want a gtr, & im finally getting to the point where i could afford 1. :P

haha dont tempt me, or else i mite be calling u 2am in the morning desperate to buy ur car.......

just out of interest, is there low rpm torque or do u have to wait for boost to kick in?

(yes i know these are basic questions but you have to get the basics right 1st)

Depends how well they are tuned. As a basic rule, its a small 2 litre 6 cyl with not so much torque. Having said that, coming onto the freeway with the a/c going i can put the boot into it at around 2500rpm & it keeps on pulling right up to 6500rpm where the turbo starts to drop off. There is not that much noticable power loss from the a/c. Without it on, its the same story but slightly quicker. Skylines in general take a little practice, as taking off too quick with low revs will bog them down.

Going up the hairpin twisties around here a few times, ive been surprised how quickly mine shoots out of a corner. Ive had to jump on the brakes several times to avoid hitting my mates R34 which seems to keep bogging down haha. Even uphill there with the a/c going its fine, cos it spools up low. With a big turbo, different story....