SAU Community

Fitting R33 Gtr Rims On 32 Gtst

Excess

Hello there, those of you whos using 33gtr rims on gtst 32 .

do you guys roll your guards? as mind is hitting the inner guards rear and front..

i need to know if theres any option other than rolling the guards.

please help.

running 235/45

possibly i would like to keep the guards factory..

haven't fit the front on as itll definitely scrapes my inner guard.

the rear ones are hitting inner guards

how you mean damaged rims?

Edited by Excess

I ran.. I can't remember if it was 225 or 215. Pretty sure it was 215 all around, slammed to the floor on standard front guards and it was fine

The rears had heaps of clearance but I had the inner lip on the rear guards rolled prior to R33 GTR wheels going on

How different is the offset? I'm running 17x7.5 +40 with 235/45 tyres and no rubbing on the back, 225/45 on the front no rubbing either.

I have been contemplating getting some 33gtr rims but if I can't run at least 235 tyres then I won't bother..

Edited by bubba

How different is the offset? I'm running 17x7.5 +40 with 235/45 tyres and no rubbing on the back, 225/45 on the front no rubbing either.

I have been contemplating getting some 33gtr rims but if I can't run at least 235 tyres then I won't bother..

its +30 , you cant run 235 on the front im pretty sure unless you do guards work (which i didnt wanted to at this moment) ..

im gonna run 235 on the rear at least but my guards will be rolled..

any particular reason why you wont bother running anything lower than 235?

they will probably scrap eventually, just depends whether ur suspension will compress enough.

just roll ur guard and be done with it, dont know why people even bother with standard gaurds any more.

its +30 , you cant run 235 on the front im pretty sure unless you do guards work (which i didnt wanted to at this moment) ..

im gonna run 235 on the rear at least but my guards will be rolled..

any particular reason why you wont bother running anything lower than 235?

Obviously he doesnt like stretching tyres if he is running a 235 on a 7.5inch wide wheel. I have 225 on 8inch and they arent strected at all.

Thats it im rolling the rear guards , as my suspension being bit soft.. so if i roll the rear guards will it guarantee that with 235/45 will not scrape/hit?

i cant guarentee shit, every car is different, but chances are it will.

running 235/45

possibly i would like to keep the guards factory..

haven't fit the front on as itll definitely scrapes my inner guard.

the rear ones are hitting inner guards

how you mean damaged rims?

Car was damaged prior to me purchasing it, lots of damage above and below the waterline. Chassis damage, wheel lips buckled and chaffed, wiring by monkeys with brain removed, rust, graffiti.. you name it, shouldn't have bought it.. Priced up replacements considering they are sold here in aus, not jap rims, $2400 for the set. Might look into getting them repaired.

they will probably scrap eventually, just depends whether ur suspension will compress enough.

just roll ur guard and be done with it, dont know why people even bother with standard gaurds any more.

are you referring to both front and rear? or just rear ?

Edited by Excess

Car was damaged prior to me purchasing it, lots of damage above and below the waterline. Chassis damage, wheel lips buckled and chaffed, wiring by monkeys with brain removed, rust, graffiti.. you name it, shouldn't have bought it.. Priced up replacements considering they are sold here in aus, not jap rims, $2400 for the set. Might look into getting them repaired.

what rims are we talking here? 32 stockies?

are you referring to both front and rear? or just rear ?

both, i found my 17x9 +30 with 235's just scraped at the rear, never at the front, although i think thats to do with suspension as my 17x9 +16's with 235's never scraped either and they were mexican up front.