SAU Community

R32 Gtr Bonnet On Gts

clip14

can you explain a bit about the L piece and the lock? do i need the GTR L piece and the lock from the GTR?

are these the parts which are on the GTR body?

any issues with fitment of the GTR bonnet around the GTS headlamps/indicators?

Cheers!!

can you explain a bit about the L piece and the lock? do i need the GTR L piece and the lock from the GTR?

are these the parts which are on the GTR body?

any issues with fitment of the GTR bonnet around the GTS headlamps/indicators?

Cheers!!

The L shaped thingy is what th bonnet catch and lock assembly is attatched to. Open your bonet and have a look. You'll see what we mean by the L shaped thingy. it has 2 bots at the top and one on the botton and hs the horns attatched to them.

And no, no issued with fitment of the GTR bonnet around the GTS headlight nd indicators.

Just double check to see if you have two clip holes on the inner ide of each headlight. If you do, thts where the GTR grill clips in, if you dont its no big usse, it clips into another hole as well

You dont have to get the gtr latch and bracket if you dont want to. The gtst one can be easily adjusted to fit the gtr bonnets clip. Depends how much money you want to spend on the car. If your on a budget then just use the gtst one

Do you have any further tips for the modification of the gts bonnet catch to retain the gtr bonnet? have had a bonnet flip up at high speed which wasn't pleasant so hopefully the mods are reliable. will go to bonnet pins if required, but i would prefer not to use bonnet pins.

There is 3 bolts on the latch connected to the l-bracket. Undo the bottom middle one and put the bottom of the latch forward which will angle the top of the latch further backwards and line up with the clip on the bonnet. Just keep adjusting till you get it. I did mine and havent had any problems.

spend $100 get a gtr latch , saves you hassle

you dont need a gtr latch - the latches are exactly the same.

the only part that needs to be changed is the "L" shaped bracket of the front reo, by changing this "L" bracket it relocates the standard bonnet latch to allign with the gtr's latching position.

this is the part that your horns should be bolted too, and also if you have a greddy fmic this is where the top mount bolts to.

i picked up my "L" shape reo bracket for approx $40 or so.