SAU Community

New Wheels... Lipped Gaurds?

Drakey

Hi all,

Just bought some new wheels. :)

The are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

On the rear i am fitting 265's and know i need lip the gaurds on my 32.

Just wondering if people know of a good place in melbourne to do this..... and also what its worth to do?

Any info i really appreciate.

Once rims are on ill be posting pics =)

how easy do the guards "flare" on an r32 gtst??

im undecided as to get some nice rims that dont fit, and make them fit, or just get different rims later.

ive found some awesome rims that look phat on the car, and most importantly, they are the right price, from what the importer can tell they are 17x8 and 17x9, but the 255s on the rears fit too well, so im thinkin they might be a 9.5" and 8.5"

the rears, with the car still jacked up, the edge of the rim was almost an inch out from the body.. the top of the tyre was about 15mm out.. but with a stretched 235 tyre it will come close, so some slight flairing will be needed.. im just worried that the rim itself will still be sticking out too far to look any good

the fronts stuck out a bit, but not an issue, ill just fit some wider guards or something but the fronts didnt have tyres on so i couldnt drop it down to check fitment properly.

i might go back and just put a rear on and see what happens.. my car is pretty low and has lots of rear camber at the moment so hmm...

the rims in question are Panasport GT's and suit my 32 really well.

so do i get them and flare the guards to suit?? or just not get them?

cheers

Linton

Edited by NZM.031

look at the wheel and on the inside will be the size and offset...

from this someone will be able to tell you how it will fit on a 32gtst

15mm out and stretched tyres should fit fine....

i'm running 18 x 9.5 +30 and it sits around 10mm out if my guards, and i deff have room for another 5mm i also have near flat camber and the car is slammed pretty far. i run 235's

i checked for a sticker or any sign of an indication of offset or size.. nothing there... the shop annoyed me and when i got the wheel on and saw instantly that it didnt fit, i cracked it and didnt really have a good look i guess. my bad.

Hi all,

Just bought some new wheels. :D

The are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear.

On the rear i am fitting 265's and know i need lip the gaurds on my 32.

Just wondering if people know of a good place in melbourne to do this..... and also what its worth to do?

Any info i really appreciate.

Once rims are on ill be posting pics =)

do you know the offset of those wheels?

i think 265 /19 will be too much for gtst guards , unless it has like +40 offset?

hey Excess...

They are plus 38 offset.

When i spoke to the dealer he said they would fit but might need to tuck the gaurds / lip the gaurd a little bit jut to make sure.

Im going to wait till the wheels get here on Monday and try them then see if i need to.

Was just curious, im sure people have had this done before and was wondering a good place to get them done. (around melb)

hmm being 19" its most likely you'll have to roll. with a +38 offset you might not have to lip unless ur car is super low. i think 265 might be a little over kill if you want to really tuck them in. run 245 or 255.

how easy do the guards "flare" on an r32 gtst??

im undecided as to get some nice rims that dont fit, and make them fit, or just get different rims later.

ive found some awesome rims that look phat on the car, and most importantly, they are the right price, from what the importer can tell they are 17x8 and 17x9, but the 255s on the rears fit too well, so im thinkin they might be a 9.5" and 8.5"

the rears, with the car still jacked up, the edge of the rim was almost an inch out from the body.. the top of the tyre was about 15mm out.. but with a stretched 235 tyre it will come close, so some slight flairing will be needed.. im just worried that the rim itself will still be sticking out too far to look any good

the fronts stuck out a bit, but not an issue, ill just fit some wider guards or something but the fronts didnt have tyres on so i couldnt drop it down to check fitment properly.

i might go back and just put a rear on and see what happens.. my car is pretty low and has lots of rear camber at the moment so hmm...

the rims in question are Panasport GT's and suit my 32 really well.

so do i get them and flare the guards to suit?? or just not get them?

cheers

Linton

Did you even take the car off the jack? Once you do the the wheels will camber inwards and might fit without, or just lip the guards.