SAU Community

440cc Injectors

TAKUSHI

hey all

Im looking for just a little extra out of my car and heard gtr injectors can be of some small assistance, my questions are, my 25 is a series 2 so will i need anything extra to run them, will i just be able to put those in while being fed by an 040, also will i need a tune or can i just drive my car as is?

Not looking for answers that lead to oh yeah you could probably do it or maybe yeah, i need hard evidence that someone has put these in and driven the car as is

Cheers

They will not fit, GT-R injectors are 440cc top feed, whereas GTS-t injectors are side feed, you will need side feed injectors AND if they did fit you will also need to modify the injector loom and fit in a resistor pack but they don't.

A simple yet effective solutions is to get yourself 6x S15 injectors, they're rated at 450cc.

Upgrading your injectors will require a retune/remap/aftermarket ECU. I believe Toshi can help in that department.

mmm well can you confirm that s15 injectors are a direct fit and plug straight into the loom?

If so ill just put them straight in and drive it, if i absolutely need to get tune/remap then i wont bother as i just want a little more till i have time and money for big work to get done, as im lazy this wont happen for a looong time yet haha

Cant think of much that'll happen if i dont get a tune apart from it running rich as, least i might get a little more boost out of it, i dunno

mmm well can you confirm that s15 injectors are a direct fit and plug straight into the loom?

If so ill just put them straight in and drive it, if i absolutely need to get tune/remap then i wont bother as i just want a little more till i have time and money for big work to get done, as im lazy this wont happen for a looong time yet haha

Cant think of much that'll happen if i dont get a tune apart from it running rich as, least i might get a little more boost out of it, i dunno

they're on my motor atm, and they work, plug and play with retune.

You have to realise that your stock ECU only knows there 370cc injectors installed, so when you install 450cc injectors your ECU is still going to think there's 370cc injectors installed, i.e. say hello to another 21.6% extra fuel.

1. Your car probably wont run

2. if it did, kiss your spark plugs good bye

3. watch your fuel drain out

if you got a powerFC you can get away with just changing the injector settings, but you will still need a retune down the road.

Dude. Installing injectors wont give you more out of your car. Its pointless. They are a SUPPORTING MOD.

So if you run a bigger turbo, then you need injectors to support the power the turbo will give because the standards wont do.

So do something else other than the injectors.

To find out what to do, use the search button.

pffft haha thats why adjustable fpr's were invented, im a mechanic, ill make it run
That makes it a whole lump of WOFTAM.

If you back off the fuel pressure to compensate for the additional fuel delivery, you will not get the correct spray pattern, and therefore atomisation, required for a good clean burn.

A mechanic would know that.

It will not work - as everyone is saying - and even if you find a way to make it work, there is no point because the stock tune will only run the engine optimally - and I use this term loosely - only if exactly the same amount of fuel you are giving right now.

Why upgrade when you are achieving absolutely nothing?

well if you didnt also read im asking if gtr injectors will fit and what i'd need to put them in but ive been told that s15ers are the way to go

Now backyard mech? Where the hell you pulling that from, asif half you guys would do any hard work on your cars anyway, let alone being a qualified mechanic, as for running fpr with stock injectors, yeah well my boss's bro put an 040 in his stocker 33 and would you look at that its pushing fuel passed the injector o-rings coz the stock injectors cant flow the extra fuel coming at them.

As for you sleepr85 im not shutting people down, if you cant tell im laughing in th post so yeah dont be making accusations in my thread.

Cheers to those for positive input though

Now backyard mech? Where the hell you pulling that from, asif half you guys would do any hard work on your cars anyway, let alone being a qualified mechanic, as for running fpr with stock injectors, yeah well my boss's bro put an 040 in his stocker 33 and would you look at that its pushing fuel passed the injector o-rings coz the stock injectors cant flow the extra fuel coming at them.

Well leaky o-rings cant only be a few things really...

1. The o-rings/injectors are worn.

2. Stupidly high base pressure causing the leak.

How high is the base pressure? Because if you run a stupid base pressure... of course you'll have problems, common sense really.

If you have a reasonable base pressure, it'll be fine and therefore nothing to do with the aftermarket FPR

The FPR regulates the fuel BEFORE the injector, anything that happens after the FPR (leaky o-rings/injectors) is generally the injectors problem (or base pressure to high)

Increasing the base pressure from what... 38psi upto say... 45psi its perfectly fine to get another 20-30rwkw out of RB25 injectors if thats all you need if you need to reach around 240-250rwkw. Its not the best solution but it does work. Simple as that.

But then who am i kidding... surely your qualifications would have told you that already and you've replaced the injectors/o-rings or backed off the base pressure to something reasonable...

However if you haven't done those things, maybe you and your boss need to go back to performance mechanics school?

righto if your here to give me grief about what i say then go get a life, no really please do, btw a fuel pressure reg allows excessive fuel pressure to flow back to the tank, so pressure increases for the injectors then once it gets high enough the fpr releases the excess back to the tank, haha now really go back to mech school? Good one buddy no really good one haha, its people like you that are why i post up these sort of things just to hear your crap

btw a fuel pressure reg allows excessive fuel pressure to flow back to the tank,

really? I thought it just disappeared, honest.

so pressure increases for the injectors then once it gets high enough the fpr releases the excess back to the tank,

You need to try and tell me the same thing twice because i wont remember ye?

Still though... i think it disappears... Right into thin air of all places.

Either way - you've added nothing in form of a reply to my post in which i actually tried to help you (well, rather your boss) with the problems as its clear you dont know what caused it and blamed the FPR when in fact its really nothing to do with it.

I even took the time to tell you how to fix it.

In future if your going to start a thread for help, only to argue with everyone in it then dont bother starting another.

k nismoid the reg is after the injectors otherwise fuel pressure would escape back to the tank instead of being held under pressure at the injectors and i didnt start this thread to argue, if you didnt hear me earlier i said i laughed not got angry when i mentioned that im a mechanic ill make it run, for the future "HAHA" means someone is laughing not getting angry, you're getting stuff back to front, ok thanks for the help but i didnt have a problem just a query haha

I do have a clue about what im doing its just im the sort who needs to think thing through thoroughly before threading just to keep you happy, i only started the thread to get an idea of what i could and couldnt do, before doing it, hey we all have to learn somewhere, someday

righto if your here to give me grief about what i say then go get a life, no really please do, btw a fuel pressure reg allows excessive fuel pressure to flow back to the tank, so pressure increases for the injectors then once it gets high enough the fpr releases the excess back to the tank, haha now really go back to mech school?

Oh man that's classic. This has to go in the self-pwnage thread.

haha yeah i laughed at it after i realised how i wrote it.

So now that we've established how a fpr works, nismoid, if i was to raise my fpr from say 38 to 45psi wouldnt that in turn be pushing more fuel through each injector on duration, if so wouldnt that be close to the same as going from a factory 370cc to a whopping 450cc injector, im only asking you as you seem to get all the facts round here, but hey ive also learnt from you that a fpr goes before the injectors....buh-bow all aboard the fail boat

Eh enough out of me already, i cant stand fighting nerds