SAU Community

Hey All

DamageInc

Hey all ,

My name is Mitch , im 19 and i currently live in Adelaide .

im from Melbourne but have been living here for about 7 years with my parents .

after long consideration my parents have decided they want to move back to Melbourne , i was all for this about 6 months ago

when stuff wasn't going my way here but now im not too sure .

my questions are :

1) i have a highly modified R33 GTST that is registered in my name in South Australia , im also a South Australian P Plater.

what i want to know is , can i drive this car in Melbourne on my P's as im registered in South Australia , and keep my car and stuff registered in Adelaide ?

would it be possible to get a canary if its registered in a different state ?

2) whats the skyline scene like down in Vic ?

ive noticed that there is an actual SAU Vic club , how often do you have cruises/meets etc ?

3) is there many hills to drive in that are good down in VIC ?

feel free to ask me any questions as im still uncertain about moving and leaving all my friends behind for a 2nd time in my life :s

(hope this makes readable sense)

Cheers

Mitch

1. If you are living here (Victoria) permanently then you need to get it registered within 6 months of moving here.

Being a P-Plater you may not drive a Skyline that has turbo, or pretty much any modification that improves performance. Legally anyway..

2. The Skyline scene is pretty strong. Some drivers are real hoons, but there are others who actually appreciate their rides and others on the road. There is a monthly meet for the Vic club members and cruises and other events scattered around the year. I think there's a calendar of events somewhere, have a look around.

3. The Dandenongs area is pretty cool. Nice winding roads with lots of tree cover, good for picnicing, driving and taking some nice pictures. There's also Great Ocean Road and the Black Spur. Just off the top of my head..

All of these are just to the best of my knowledge. Best of luck which ever way you go.

Vic club events are virtually on every weekend in the warmer months

Feb is like this

Black Spur Cruise

DECA

Renewal BBQ (soon to be annouced)

Mar is like this:

Great Ocean Road 2-day

Couple of mini meets

Club elections

So as you can see, 3 weekends outta 4 are filled, the club is very active.

Cheers

Ash

Vic club events are virtually on every weekend in the warmer months

Feb is like this

Black Spur Cruise

DECA

Renewal BBQ (soon to be annouced)

Mar is like this:

Great Ocean Road 2-day

Couple of mini meets

Club elections

So as you can see, 3 weekends outta 4 are filled, the club is very active.

Cheers

Ash

cheers for the reply ash , seems that SAU in vic is very active ;)

My only worry is not being able to drive my car if i move down there , if that was the case id be royally screwed :s

i always thought it was within 3 months... not 6 months!

what are the car laws like over there ?

over here we can get defected for air filters lol

and would i have to get my car road worthy certified over there ?

if so , it wont pass unless vicroads are lenient

Use you South Australian P's Licence till your 21 then change it over to a Victorian licence.

If you get pulled up and licence check done, just say you live in SA and over here in VIC for a holiday.

As for the Skyline scene in VIC, I'd say its good, try to get involved with the meet up and events and you will meet a lot of new ppl.

Use you South Australian P's Licence till your 21 then change it over to a Victorian licence.

If you get pulled up and licence check done, just say you live in SA and over here in VIC for a holiday.

As for the Skyline scene in VIC, I'd say its good, try to get involved with the meet up and events and you will meet a lot of new ppl.

yeah , that's what i was thinking of doing with my license , there is no way in hell im selling my car just to live in a different state haha

as for the sau vic side of things i will be definitely involved with that as there is a scene over here but the police have been cracking down on skylines lately so people

are hesitant to meet up etc

yeah , that's what i was thinking of doing with my license , there is no way in hell im selling my car just to live in a different state haha

as for the sau vic side of things i will be definitely involved with that as there is a scene over here but the police have been cracking down on skylines lately so people

are hesitant to meet up etc

yeah just leave your SA 'P' and number plates and tell them you travel from state to state and not a permanent VIC resident meaning your not familiar with VIC P plate rules.

Just drive normaly and no showing off you be alright, but if thats your bright orange car in your avatar then you will be attracting some attention.

yeah just leave your SA 'P' and number plates and tell them you travel from state to state and not a permanent VIC resident meaning your not familiar with VIC P plate rules.

Just drive normaly and no showing off you be alright, but if thats your bright orange car in your avatar then you will be attracting some attention.

yeah ,i dont show off in the car because i dont want to risk losing it / crashing it etc

but yes its the orange R33 in my pic haha

there is also my option of buying something N/A thats registered in vic and driving that around and taking my skyline out on weekends etc ?

Problem is though unless he actually can fake a way to prove he lives there (which, is illegal) then its not gonna work for very long.

IMO do it legally, why risk the fines, hassle and so on?

Also depending on how modified the car is (i notice engine conversion) you might well need a full engineers to pass VicRoads, you'll need to ring them and confirm.

And if you've gone things like single turbo etc, nothing will save you... EPA rape everyone

Problem is though unless he actually can fake a way to prove he lives there (which, is illegal) then its not gonna work for very long.

Also depending on how modified the car is (i notice engine conversion) you might well need a full engineers to pass VicRoads, you'll need to ring them and confirm.

And if you've gone things like single turbo etc, nothing will save you... EPA rape everyone

Engine is a stock rb26dett , no high mount turbos etc

Suspension wise it's set up for full on drifting

Engneering costs truck loads doesn't it ?

You'll be right if u keep ur SA plates mate, just say ur doing temporary work here then going back. Just be careful though coz police read these forums. As has been mentioned if ur not doing nething stupid generally cops wont hassel you

You'll be right if u keep ur SA plates mate, just say ur doing temporary work here then going back. Just be careful though coz police read these forums. As has been mentioned if ur not doing nething stupid generally cops wont hassel you

yeah exactly ,

to be honest , im moving down there for a few months and if i get a career in that time then ill most likely be living in Melbourne for a while , if not i will move back to Adelaide and continue work here

If you want to drive your Skyline, stay in SA.

If you want to be with your family/work down here, sell your Skyline or buy a car to use while you cannot use the Skyline.

Personally, I would not bother with all the crap that I hear people go through on these forums alone.

You gota point there.

yeah ,i dont show off in the car because i dont want to risk losing it / crashing it etc

but yes its the orange R33 in my pic haha

there is also my option of buying something N/A thats registered in vic and driving that around and taking my skyline out on weekends etc ?

Yeah buying a N/A daily would save you the hassles and maybe keep the R33 for a quick weekend run or take it to the track.

If you got your P's BEFORE July 2007 you are legally allowed to drive a turbo in victoria the only issue is the 'power to weight law' comes into effect. but yeah keeping your SA p plates up might help.

do you have any idea on what area you would move to here?