SAU Community

Are There Any Decent Workshops In Sydney?

Kujotk

Another plug for scott at insight...top fella

CRD too.

Adam at JEM

and Yavus at Unigroup.

wouldn't take it to anywhere that has a hill in its name or address.

100% agree with Yavus, cannot fault him on anything. I spoke to him on the phone inquiring about work to be done, he gave me a price and a time frame, which did not budge once the car was dropped off. He is an absolute pleasure to deal with and know's his sh!t

I've also been to Bel a couple of time recently and exactly as above, cannot fault the guys.

Both places excellent service and i wasn't spending big bucks either. Run of the mill stuff.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best bet is to find somewhere you are again comfortable in taking your car to, and establish a relationship with that workshop. That way when you have future work done there, you'll have an idea of what to expect from them and they'll know what your aims are for your car.

The best bet is to find somewhere you are again comfortable in taking your car to, and establish a relationship with that workshop. That way when you have future work done there, you'll have an idea of what to expect from them and they'll know what your aims are for your car.

The trouble is with this advice is every single new skyline owner has to start right at the beginning

and potentially invest time "establishing a relationship" with several workshops - that are known by

many to be second rate - before discovering that their "aims for your car" are to soak you. It can

be exceedingly expensive in time and money to do it this way.

I'd rather read a bunch of reasonably fresh experiences both good and bad then make up my mind

where to start with this magic relationship building stuff.

Are we even allowed to post a poll? one that lists 20 workshops and asks for votes on which have

provided great service and fault-free work?

Im getting quotes for some work for mine and the difference in prices is amasing, anywhere from $9,000ish to $15,000ish for basically the same job.

This sounds interesting, what exactly are you planning on getting done?

Im getting quotes for some work for mine and the difference in prices is amasing, anywhere from $9,000ish to $15,000ish for basically the same job.

lol story of our lives, misleading quotes lol

This sounds interesting, what exactly are you planning on getting done?

Not surprising though. I was quoted from $350-$1200 for my oil cooler instal. The $1200 was a basic minimal quote, and my $350 quote included making custom brackets and everything needed, including a top up of Royal Purple!. Hence why i am very happy with Bel Garage!

I'm getting forged internals, reco head, gearbox reco, surge tank and other assorted snot that goes with it so i can rev it to 8k and wind up the boost to around 20psi.

My goal is 11tykwatw, LOL

So far it either going to be autosports or maytech, they both quoted around the same.

No point in having all the bolt-ons without the strength in the bottom end and the fuel system to support it.

Yavuz @ Unigroup.... # 1 in my books!

When i purchased my Silvia off the previous owner, he had been taking it to a popular garage to get a tuning issue sorted.... this 'garage' were unable to diagnose it and resided to it is just a gremlin in the PFC.....

Well first visit to Yavuz, he spent the time and found the issue!! Also found an extra 20+rwkw with a correct tune.....

My car is currently sitting in his garage and I wouldn't want it anywhere else.... well worth the money!

My 2c

Yavuz @ Unigroup.... # 1 in my books!

When i purchased my Silvia off the previous owner, he had been taking it to a popular garage to get a tuning issue sorted.... this 'garage' were unable to diagnose it and resided to it is just a gremlin in the PFC.....

Well first visit to Yavuz, he spent the time and found the issue!! Also found an extra 20+rwkw with a correct tune.....

My car is currently sitting in his garage and I wouldn't want it anywhere else.... well worth the money!

My 2c

Well said!!

this is why I have their link in my sig :banana:

Yavuz @ Unigroup FTW

His customer service isn't always the quickest out there but the work that comes outta that workshop is worth the wait for.

Very trustworthy and they've been around quite a while now.