SAU Community

Wanted Clarion Oe Radios (ex C34)

Chris Rogers

guys I want a few of these units

sigma_innovation-img600x450-12206206721xt5ce47705.jpg

sigma_innovation-img600x450-1220620672tos6ad47705.jpg

sigma_innovation-img600x450-1220620672qmp0ju47705.jpg

I'm attempting to rework a few for the Oz market. basically I'm fixing the FM radio and fixing them up.

if you have one I'd like to know. I do not want the the panasonic units (RM-W50SAS)

make sure its the one above. there are two versions and they look IDENTICAL.

Oooh I'll check if I still have mine as it may have been thrown out. If not, all I have to do is figure out how much it will cost to send up to Queensland, and it's yours

ok

for those with PN2098E - that one is almost done. new FM front end and a few component changes sorts that side of things out.

band change is easy - getting the FM tuner to co-operate in the fun bit.

thanks go to 66yostagea!

Edited by Chris Rogers

Chris, are you going to want these for a while? or just want a couple so you can figure out what needs to be done to fix them up? i have one just like the one in your first post but i'm still using it, and will be for a couple more months until i get something else.

yep I'm goign to take a few of them. 2098s I dont mind. prefer if the CD section worked. one I redid today needs a laser I think and that is probably going to kill that unit.

would like to get a few of the later ones as the 2098 doesnt like my ipod box.

do you have one like in the top pic and if so do you know who made it? (PN2263E is what I'm chasing.)

acutally take a pic of it in situ. I have both versions here and I'll know the difference when I see it.

are there two different manufacturers for the same faced cd player?

anyway here is a pic of mine. just like the one in your first post.

but like i said, until i get something else to go in its place (a couple of months), im still using it. cd player fuction is good, even play burnt cds without an issue.

if you have teh schematic for that unit - yes please. I have a local schematic for a PN 2371 on the way now.

as that sits ( I have been listening to it fo the past 3 hours now) its a IPOD patch that speaks nissan NBUS on the back of a reworked 2098E. for me it wil make a good test/bench radio.