SAU Community

Ks-rom Help Asap

Stagstock

I'm looking at buying a KS-rom tuned ECU for my stag..... Im wondering if anyone has used one and if it can be reprogrammed via consult ala nismochip. I'm curious cos it's cheap.... like real cheap.

Any info would be more than i can find online so would be hugely appreciated.

I'm looking at buying a KS-rom tuned ECU for my stag..... Im wondering if anyone has used one and if it can be reprogrammed via consult ala nismochip. I'm curious cos it's cheap.... like real cheap.

Any info would be more than i can find online so would be hugely appreciated.

Is that the one on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Stagea-Modif...A1%7C240%3A1318

I would be suspicious as to why he is selling and it doesn't sound like he has used it.

I tried several of the 'tuned' ecu's before going Power FC and non of them idled right or performed as stated but thats on a R33

Is that the one on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Stagea-Modif...A1%7C240%3A1318

I would be suspicious as to why he is selling and it doesn't sound like he has used it.

I tried several of the 'tuned' ecu's before going Power FC and non of them idled right or performed as stated but thats on a R33

Yeah, thats the one.... I looked up KS-roms website but as usual japanese doesn't translate very well into english over google

engrish isnt that hard to read

RB25DET is so weak BUROOFU relief,

return type and please replace the Trust' s open-air. In addition, to screw the adjustment screw, please adjust tend to a strengthening blow off. The screw is also to strengthen BUROOFU Please include slight adjustments to tighten.

When boost is increased to the 0,75~, by all means exchanging to 0,75 to boost up the case and you must surely strengthen the pump (and made Nismo Tomei) where the strengthening pump is necessary (Tomei [nisumo] make and the like)

KSROM, compression ratio is high, because the turbine is weak, boost becomes correspondence up to 0,9. The exchange KSROM high compression ratio for a weak turbine boost and will support up to 0,9. When with the normal computer, boost it raises, because it is the program where ignition timing becomes slow,

In a normal computer and so slow down the PROGRAM to boost-up and ignition timing, power and the response are not good, also normal boost about 0,5 is low, with 6000rpm levels off. POWER, bad response, and even less about 0,5 NOMARUBUSUTO and 6000rpm will plateau. Especially, power and the response bodily sensation is possible to low-speed [torukuatsupu] ~7000rpm with improving the ignition map extensively. By improving the overall ignition map, especially TORUKUAPPU ~ 7000rpm POWER to slow and you can experience a response. Power is about 280~320PS with [raitochiyun].

POWER and is about 280 ~ 320PS RAITOCHUN. When the turbine you exchange, if the fuel pump is strengthened, with the GT2530~2540 TD0625G AX turbine and the like with the normal injector it is OK up to boost maximum of 1,0. If you strengthen the exchange turbine fuel pump and GT2530 ~ 2540 TD0625G AX NOMARUINJEKUTA and turbines in the biggest boost to 1,0 OK. ROM transfer plus 

basically saying you need an upgraded fuel pump and it will run .9bar and if you have an upgraded turbo boost to 1 bar OK

save your money and get a GTR pfc if you have AWD and if you have RWD get a R33 pfc if your s1 and if your neo get R34 pfc if its auto there is a mod you can do to get the pfc working with auto car

engrish isnt that hard to read

Ouch. My eyes!

I doubt very much if this ECU will take standard nissan programming codes. It probably has its own protocol, still you can always give it a go with a consult cable from plms or something

-D

I might give it a shot.. worse case cenario i waste 260bucks. At the end of the day I'd be happy if it can be reprogrammed on the dyno by someone here in adelaide. If not.. atleast it's already got the daughterboard etc ready to have someone here in adelaide do it.

Lol yeah that translation is awful.. and it's not the words that are badly translated its the grammar. I now understand why japanese speak english the way they do, everything's phrased backwards.

And failing that I'll just bash my head against the keyboard like my little avatar buddy here. Hopefully minus the blood on the wall of coarse

Edited by Stagstock

if its a R33 rom in it no one here in adelaide will retune it

R32 ecu can be retuned but if you wanted that path why not just buy one here and get jeff to tune it or boostworx

really if you want to keep your VCT controller you will need a VG30dett ECU and retune that

if its a R33 rom in it no one here in adelaide will retune it

R32 ecu can be retuned but if you wanted that path why not just buy one here and get jeff to tune it or boostworx

really if you want to keep your VCT controller you will need a VG30dett ECU and retune that

So, seriously, you can't have a Stagea series1 ecu retuned??? That sucks.

I'm interested in this pfc auto mod?

So, seriously, you can't have a Stagea series1 ecu retuned??? That sucks.

I'm interested in this pfc auto mod?

matt... speak to tangles.. he had his retuned by toshi? or sumthing liek that not sure who/what it is... he reccomends it and it wasnt that expensive if i remember rightly... u just mail it off tell him what mods you have and away you go!

power fc will not work in a auto stagea from what i understand... and if it does its a good 2 - 2.5k to get it all up and running! for the 20 30 kw u may gain can you justify it??

other option is just get an safc2 or sumthing?? whats your mail goal with this ecu swap over

matt... speak to tangles.. he had his retuned by toshi? or sumthing liek that not sure who/what it is... he reccomends it and it wasnt that expensive if i remember rightly... u just mail it off tell him what mods you have and away you go!

power fc will not work in a auto stagea from what i understand... and if it does its a good 2 - 2.5k to get it all up and running! for the 20 30 kw u may gain can you justify it??

other option is just get an safc2 or sumthing?? whats your mail goal with this ecu swap over

Well as always I hoped to gain some power, loose the speed limiter, the fuel cut etc ready for more boost.

I did go and buy it... tried it straight away and the unit was dead as far as I can tell, either that or was for the early Series 1's. So took it straight back and took my money back.

I really would prefer the remap option due to no external wiring, no extra units and all the mods can be done on the ecu such as fuel cut, speed limiter etc. Just a neater option IMO. The only thing that concerns me is if I go the way tangles did is if it can then be RE-tuned here in adelaide.

the Toshi option Plus additional piggybacks does work (want to go for a drive sometime ?)

however, how about chatting to Jeff at Speedworks, he does remaps.....

Ive had the little ecu chip cut out, an adapter fitted to make small to large, then large ecu chip tuned flashed and sent to me, fitted it up bingo, retuned with safc/sitc/fpr.