SAU Community

Garrett Gt3082r / Gcg Gt3071r-82

Garrett GT3082R Known as GCG GT3071R-82

Dual Ball bearing turbocharger

Oil & Water-cooled bearing system

High Performance BCI-18 Garrett Compressor and UHP Turbine

Perfect for high-horsepower, smaller displacement engines at elevated boost levels

T3 turbine inlet flange, wastegated with 5 bolt outlet flange

Turbine housing is cast from high-nickel "Ni-Resist" material for extreme applications

Actuator included and standard 14.7psi pressure.

Hey guys this is the new turbo i have just recieved from GCG for my Skyline R33 , If you look on their website they have a version Called the XTRGTST3071r. THis is what i ordered but i recieved a call saying they dont use a modified version of the RB series compressure housing they have a new model which use's a Garrett housing which includes an Internet waste gate which is quite significantly larger then the old series and it is also blocked off from exhaust gas. Also you can get the front housing polished back like i have :P

The only drama is now i cant use my standard dump pipe and i cannot find any such dump pipe which will suit it . Here are some pictures and yeh i was running an old 45v3 nissan turbo with Injectors , Walbro Pump , SARD FPR , Pod Filter , Apexi SAFC Neo with VG30 Airflow making around 218RWKW @ 14.1 PSI on Stock internals , what power should i expect from something like this running at the lowest setting of 14.7PSI?

30012009078cd9.jpg

w1024.png

30012009087nl2.jpg

w1024.png

30012009091vi4.jpg

w1024.png

glendn6.jpg

w600.png

Edited by gL3nJaMiN88

What size is the turbine housing? .82 or 1.06?

I personally am not a fan of the 82mm comp wheel paired with the 60mm GT30 turbine wheel. It makes for a lazy turbo that needs good fuel to make the most of it.

They were good back in the day when the 76mm (HKS3037S) style compressor wheel wasn't available for the Garrett line up.

Edited by TheRogue

So where should i get a dump pipe from ? or will i have to get one Custom Made from a GT30 Flange?

Get an aftermarket XR6 turbo dump and chop it/adapt it to suit.

Or you could just get a custom one made from laser cut flange.

That turbo should be good for easy 300rwkw - sorry, just read the 1 bar thing again - As above 250rwkw at 1Bar

If you ask Brett at GCG he could probably sell you a flange plate to match the housings outlet , need to make a dump pipe using that flange or one like it . GCG/Garrett/Ford should be able to supply the gasket .

A .

PS if the turbo still has its Garrett ID tag the cartridge (CHRA) number from memory is 700177-14 or -5014 for a GT3082R .

What size is the turbine housing? .82 or 1.06?

Unless the housing has been modified, there should be a number cast inside it, just near the mounting flange to indicate the A/R.

Logic says that the -82 suffix would indicate a 0.82 housing, but they've put a model number of 3071 that does not appear true to type.

looks like a 3071 to me and i don't think gcg would badge it incorrectly either. I dunno where you get 3082R from? the cart will have -23 or -5023 on it. If gcg mod a turbo away from garrett specs they will remove the original tag and rebadge with the original numbers in addition to their own serial number to identify that individual turbo.

It also looks like they have started enlarging the wastegate flap over what was originally offered by garrett. I had massive boost control issues with the same turbo in .63 and ultimately went down the path of an enlarged wastegate with some success.

Skylinecouple runs virtually the same turbo, only difference would be the wastegate size and his has a surge modded cover.

I would advise against the gcg flange unless you are prepared to do a lot of work with air saw and grinder or a mill. The wastegate port is (or was anyway) grossly undersized.

I have my old dump/front pipe available if you are interested. It was to suit an r32 but it will save you a heap of work even if you just chop off the dump section and get some new piping added by an exhaust shop to match your exhaust.

I had a closer look at the above snap of the compressor side and I'm reasonably certain the compressor housing is T04E family not T04S so theres a good chance it's a GT3071R - with one of Garretts GT30 T3 flanged IW turbine housings .

The air inlet boss has been machined down to accept a smaller duct than one designed to fit the std snout .

Is Brett offering a kit to suit RB25s ?

Also URAS can I have a link to the thred you made recently .

Cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

hey guys thanks for the reply's i ended up calling GCG and they have a new Split Dump that has a solid steel split just like on the IW Housing , it looks like a very impressive dump pipe compared to the cheap split ones i've seen . Ill post a picture up tonight but i've got everything i need now so just about to get ready to fit everything ill let you know how it all runs but yeh it is def a 3071r just a different exhaust housing to the original GTST one they make for bolt ons