SAU Community

Garrett Gt3082r / Gcg Gt3071r-82

Is Brett offering a kit to suit RB25s ?

Also URAS can I have a link to the thred you made recently .

Cheers A .

yeah brett supplies all my garret gear, never had an issue with GCG unlike other places. Plus i do some weird shite and they are happy to send them out all clocked up and so forth. ive attached those two post's, one has pics of the kit and dump. Kit was a piece of piss to fit.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...&hl=gt3082r

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Dy...&hl=gt3082r

Edited by URAS

• 1 month later...

Yes the price overall looks considerably better than you'd pay for a HKS GT ProS kit .

I'd like to see pics of that dump pipe as from the turbo flange side and where the gates pipe enters the dump pipe tube .

From that earlier pic it looks like it goes through a 90 bend and back into the gas flow path ?

Again not willing to rag but wouldn't that to a degree do what many IW turbine housings do when the flat valve opens - aim the wasted gas at a right angle back into the main exhaust stream only a bit further south ?

I'll have to rat up some pics of the Pro S dump , from memory they have a sectioned tube welded along the side of the main one and merge it back in at a lesser angle to the main tube .

Cheers A .

2250 for just the turbs is a bit steep. i got my 3076 IW from MTQ and paid 1900 for the turbo with a larger gate fitted. i think the 3071's are generall cheaper than the 76's

And sorry ALL up for the Turbo + Polish + Fitting Kit ( Lines , Gaskits and oil/water bits) + Custom Split Dump was all around $2200Inc GST
yeah called gcg up the other day and for gt3076r-iw as a kit with everything was quoted $3070

so i dont know where this $2200 is coming from

:D was bit disapointed when i called up :D

2250 for just the turbs is a bit steep. i got my 3076 IW from MTQ and paid 1900 for the turbo with a larger gate fitted. i think the 3071's are generall cheaper than the 76's

would you have a link buddy ? pretty keen to get a new turbo asap :D

Yes the price overall looks considerably better than you'd pay for a HKS GT ProS kit .

I'd like to see pics of that dump pipe as from the turbo flange side and where the gates pipe enters the dump pipe tube .

From that earlier pic it looks like it goes through a 90 bend and back into the gas flow path ?

Again not willing to rag but wouldn't that to a degree do what many IW turbine housings do when the flat valve opens - aim the wasted gas at a right angle back into the main exhaust stream only a bit further south ?

I'll have to rat up some pics of the Pro S dump , from memory they have a sectioned tube welded along the side of the main one and merge it back in at a lesser angle to the main tube .

Cheers A .

i got a back to back with the pros vs the GT3582R and the HKS unit kills it everywhere..... like fkn killed then laughed at it. Putting cams in the GT3582 R tommorrow to give it more lungs, will post those results too.

GT2835 ProS full boost 3600rpm GT3582R was 4600rpm. Both peaked at around 270@17psithe hks unit making 80rwkw more at 4000rpm and 20 rwkw morew at 5000rpm.

as i said 2mor will be the eye opener as i believe the car developed VCT issues and 2moro the lot will be removed and checked when the new cms installed then it will be a fair comparo.

Edited by URAS