SAU Community

R32 Power Mark

Zurlox

Hi all,

i have an R32 GTS-T and wanted to know what a reasonable power output mark would be on the stock engine without forged internals, and what sort of mods would help me to achieve that power mark?

i want to assume that there will be no budget to work to.

i have already fitted an Apexi power intake pod, and i have a 3" cat back kakimoto exhaust arriving this week.

Thanks,

Zurlox

Depends if you use it for a daily driver or not. I'll give you an example of my R32 gts-t & a mates R32 gts-t for comparison:

My car

3" exhaust, 14psi, front mount, fuel pump. This combo has seen 150kw at the wheels on the 10th pull in a row (fine tuning the boost setting). This has standard lag (as its standard turbo), & i drive it everyday still getting 450km to a tank.

Mates car

3" exhaust, 20psi, front mount, fuel pump, Z32 high flow turbo, power fc, gtr injectors (i think). This combo has a massively laggy turbo that comes on full boost around 5000rpm, where mine is on full by 3000rpm. Top end is bloody scary!!!

So between the 2, it depends what you use your car for. You can get other turbos that can handle 20psi & not be as laggy, so dont worry about that so much. Look at a HKS item for response & power.

Please refer to the RB20 Dyno sticky thread (in this very section)

And also the Forced Induction "Quick Ref Guide" (also in this section), it has various RB20 links that you should read

It will tell you what a stock motor will do, what a motor with various larger turbos will do, and so on.

You'll also then be able to see @ what point people start upgrading the internals

Thanks