You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Personally, i'd be dropping the extra $400 for the Pro series. I believe (at least during their original conception) they were based off the Blue series but have evolved with apparent new valving tech etc etc.  The BC's were super harsh ride wise, felt like the road was covered in potholes almost (this with damping at softest), but they did feel a bit more pointy initially through corners, i felt like there was considerably more understeer at turn in on tighter radius corners (but this is not really a like or like, considering the difference in wheel size, tyre choice, track temp etc etc) 
    • Facts but it's okay I've ordered a new ignitor based on GTSBoy's confidence. In the meantime I did the ole jiggle tap on the maf connector with no change. Seems like the warmer it gets outside the worse the issues get. Hoping it's the ignitor. Also going to pick up some carb cleaner and try to get that iacv cleaned out real good. I'll report back once I've gathered more data. I really appreciate the feedback though guys keep it coming. Trying to learn everything I can about this car want to keep this thing for a long time.
    • Unfortunately this is a bit like arguing if you prefer blondes or brunettes....you will get people who strongly hold either view. My observation is I have had good results racing on MCA golds (spring led) but personally find Gary's approach of lighter springs and heavier bars is more predictable over mixed or rough surfaces like in rally (or an Australian road)
    • Yeah, they mentioned that its not worth upgrading from the stock sway bar due to how their coilovers are set up.  Still learning more about the suspension etc, but with Garys approach of lower spring rates and controlling roll with bars and obviously improved dampers, wouldnt that be like softer ride and more roll but with the sway bar, it keeps the roll to a minimum/lower amount? Where as MCA's approach of stronger springs, and dampers adjusted for the springs, wouldnt that be a harder ride (against bumps, going straight etc) and less roll, and the stock sway bar does its thing but the coilovers does the majority of the work? Its a daily so im in favor of a softer ride while normally driving but keeping the roll to a minimum while turning etc. Or am I getting my idea of suspension completely wrong?   I was looking at the Pro Comfort, it has the price hike of it being the MCA Pro series ( extra $400, total $2490 ). Ive read people saying the blue/red/gold series(and the blues being more favorable from the past threads) but what would those be nowadays?  What was the drive difference between the BC golds and the MCA Blues you got?
    • more then likely but not very practical for a street car